Mexican carry...

I didn't want to hijack the thread about the S&W with "Mexican" grips, but the topic of "Mexican carry" came up and I had a couple of questions/thoughts...

Question: Is it still "Mexican carry" to use one of those "grip clip" or screw-on clips? Does the absence of a holster make it "Mexican carry", or does it have to be completely unassisted?

Question2: Has anyone tried the "grip clips"? I've been thinking about getting a pair for my j-frame, but it just doesn't look terrifically secure to me.

Thanks for your time!

I didn't want to hijack the thread about the S&W with "Mexican" grips, but the topic of "Mexican carry" came up and I had a couple of questions/thoughts...

Question: Is it still "Mexican carry" to use one of those "grip clip" or screw-on clips? Does the absence of a holster make it "Mexican carry", or does it have to be completely unassisted?

Question2: Has anyone tried the "grip clips"? I've been thinking about getting a pair for my j-frame, but it just doesn't look terrifically secure to me.

Thanks for your time!

I tried a Barami Hip-Grip on my J frame. I wasn't very keen on it. If I tightened my belt enough that I felt the revolver was secure it was too tight for a reasonable draw. I wear a 1.5 inch belt so the bottom edge of my belt overlapped the back of the cylinder. Apparently, narrower belts can be secure at a lower tension since the bottom edge of the belt can fit behind the cylinder. I say "apparently" as I've never actually tried it.

The big problem that I see with this style of carry is that it still leaves the trigger guard and trigger exposed, thereby increasing the potential for a Negligent Discharge.

I "might" do this in an emergency situation but for planned concealed carry I would plan on using a holster.

Back
Top Bottom