• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Medford / New LTC update !

I had to look up "t&h";
when I googled it, I came up with an NES thread:
(I just put that thread in the queue, but)
does the thread eventually finish beating around the bush
and get to the part where the definitions of the restrictions
are the sole province of the issuing Licensing Officer (Chief)?

So that if some specific town's chief's definition of "T&H"
doesn't include CCW during transit to the range,
then if any of his LTC holders CCW on the way to the range,
it's a violation.

Did you obtain the reason why you received restrictions?

SECTION 51. Paragraph (f) of said section 131 of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby amended by striking out the second paragraph and inserting in place thereof the following paragraph:- Any applicant or holder aggrieved by a denial, revocation, suspension or restriction placed on a license, unless a hearing has previously been held pursuant to chapter 209A, may, within either 90 days after receiving notice of the denial, revocation or suspension or within 90 days after the expiration of the time limit during which the licensing authority shall respond to the applicant or, in the case of a restriction, any time after a restriction is placed on the license pursuant to this section, file a petition to obtain judicial review in the district court having jurisdiction in the city or town in which the applicant filed the application or in which the license was issued. If after a hearing a justice of the court finds that there was no reasonable ground for denying, suspending, revoking or restricting the license and that the petitioner is not prohibited by law from possessing a license, the justice may order a license to be issued or reinstated to the petitioner or may order the licensing authority to remove certain restrictions placed on the license.

Did you obtain the reason why you received restrictions?

1) Massachusetts
2) BFYTW - see 1

(I just put that thread in the queue, but)
does the thread eventually finish beating around the bush

So that if some specific town's chief's definition of "T&H"
doesn't include CCW during transit to the range,
then if any of his LTC holders CCW on the way to the range,
it's a violation.
Indeed my licensing officer told me in order to leave the house with it it has to be in a case

... does the thread eventually finish beating around the bush
Still reading the necrothread, but that point is hit starting at post #3.
And the thread includes appearances by @Scrivener
and @Cross-X. To quote someone who got the
banhammer upside the head nearly 8 years ago...

I don't even know how I ended up here but this thread is pure gold. [rofl]

Indeed my licensing officer told me in order to leave the house with it it has to be in a case
Handy Litmus Test Dept.​

(Only) if the topic happens to arise again,
find out if that's true for "Restrictions: NONE".

Not that you should ever even load your car trunk for a range trip
while it's parked in your driveway.

Do it in your garage -
it's no one's business but yours that you have guns.

Still reading the necrothread, but that point is hit starting at post #3.
And the thread includes appearances by @Scrivener
and @Cross-X. To quote someone who got the
banhammer upside the head nearly 8 years ago...

I don't even know how I ended up here but this thread is pure gold. [rofl]

Handy Litmus Test Dept.​

(Only) if the topic happens to arise again,
find out if that's true for "Restrictions: NONE".

Not that you should ever even load your car trunk for a range trip
while it's parked in your driveway.

Do it in your garage -
it's no one's business but yours that you have guns.
You're assuming garages are an option in Medford.

Some of us are not so fortunate

So fast forward… you received your LTC. Did you end up consulting an attorney? Was the application process arduous?

This could be informative for others in the future if you’re willing to provide additional details… inquiring minds want to know…

So fast forward… you received your LTC. Did you end up consulting an attorney? Was the application process arduous?

This could be informative for others in the future if you’re willing to provide additional details… inquiring minds want to know…
Well he didn't get a real LTC so there is that.

Well he didn't get a real LTC so there is that.

Well, I’m sure there were plenty on here (…myself included) who thought OP would have been denied based upon suitability without competent legal representation, so a restricted license is still a win in my opinion. I’m curious how OP managed that and if he also bought a lottery ticket that day…

Well, I’m sure there were plenty on here (…myself included) who thought OP would have been denied based upon suitability without competent legal representation, so a restricted license is still a win in my opinion. I’m curious how OP managed that and if he also bought a lottery ticket that day…
Well it was actually super easy the liceo officer just wanted to have a casual conversation trying to get to know me per say got finger printed he said he would call me to pick it up around 32-35 days and that’s exactly the time length it happened to take . On another note he also did say after a year I can call him back up and get my license renewed to un restricted and I personally know someone who just waited 13 months and just got his unrestricted

On another note he also did say after a year I can call him back up and get my license renewed to un restricted and I personally know someone who just waited 13 months and just got his unrestricted
Good luck with that, he (Don, who is the Medford LO) told me that he would expire my license early when I was planning on moving out of that town and when I called back to do that, he said he never said that and that they won't upgrade or expire. Did you offer him a bribe of Dunks or just sweet talk him?

Was told I’d have to wait a year and know someone else who waited the year and just got his license unrestricted
Was it just a matter of saying "Hey, it's been a year, I'd like to be unrestricted now please?" I'm past a year and will give them a call today if thats the case!

Was it just a matter of saying "Hey, it's been a year, I'd like to be unrestricted now please?" I'm past a year and will give them a call today if thats the case!
Worth a try. If you do please post an update here. You will almost certainly have to leave a voicemail which will be answered by the secretary and then forwarded to the LO for a call back.

My AIDSly Medford LTC expires at the end of this year. TBH if some people but not others are getting theirs upgraded after only a year that would be BS.

Not Medford, but years ago when I first got my LTC it was for T&H in Malden. After a year I wrote a letter to the Chief asking for an upgrade and got it. Of course that was back when it was Protection of Life & Property :)

Well so far so good, talked to the detective and he said I should have an unrestricted LTC to pick up in a couple weeks.

Worth a try. If you do please post an update here. You will almost certainly have to leave a voicemail which will be answered by the secretary and then forwarded to the LO for a call back.

My AIDSly Medford LTC expires at the end of this year. TBH if some people but not others are getting theirs upgraded after only a year that would be BS.
I've got an unrestricted LTC in-hand and feel more confused and saddened by the obfuscation of direct access to my rights, but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom