Medford / New LTC update !

inkdesigner

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I hope so man the officer made me confident when he told me wait about 6 weeks and I’ll call u to come pick up ur license so I should be good already got finger printed and all and since I currently get back grounded checked every 6 months at the airport I should be fine thanks man !!

You bi annual background checks at the airport don't mean anything when it comes to a LTC in MA. You could have a completely clean criminal record and still be denied by the CoP.
Even though the assault and battery charge was dismissed, there is still a record of it somewhere that the PD WILL find and can use against you to deny your LTC on suitability. Remember, it is all at the CoP's discretion, and he may decide that someone who was charged as you were in 2013 doesn't have the proper tempermant to own firearms and say you are not suitable.

Your best bet would be to consult a knowledgeable firearms attorney who can best guide you through the process. If you don't, it truly is a roll of the dice.

free

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I hope so man the officer made me confident when he told me wait about 6 weeks and I’ll call u to come pick up ur license so I should be good already got finger printed and all and since I currently get back grounded checked every 6 months at the airport I should be fine thanks man !!
No not really. Don’t pat yourself on the back. Yet. I wish you luck, but you are going about this too casually re the “background check.” There are many flavors of background checks. We don’t care you work at an airstrip.

Get a lawyer and good luck.

Last edited:

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
No not really. Don’t pat yourself on the back. Yet. I wish you luck, but you are going about this too casually re the “background check.” There are many iterations of background check. We don’t care you work at an airstrip.

Get a lawoyer and good luck.
This. Remember that they (COP) MAY issue the LTC FOR ANY REASON. This means that they MAY NOT issue or issue with ANY KIND of restriction(s). They have you by the nuts. Piss them off and they could issue "Restricted to Wednesdays from 8AM to 3PM only if it's raining". Jack.

Last edited:

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.6%
71   1   0
You don't seem to grasp the difference between "legally OK" and "suitability strictly at the discretion of your local chief". They are oceans apart from each other.
This. Remember that they (COP) MAY issue the LTC FOR ANY REASON. This means that they MAY NOT issue or issue with ANY KIND of restriction(s). They have you by the nuts. Piss them off and they could issue "Restricted to Wednesdays from 8AM to 3PM only if it's raining". Jack.
150% true!! I once saw one such restriction on someone's LTC. It was so strange that I forwarded a photocopy to the FRB Director at the time and suggested that he look into it . . . and perhaps have a chat with the issuing chief about what is an appropriate restriction. No, I have no idea what he did with my info.

inkdesigner

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
150% true!! I once saw one such restriction on someone's LTC. It was so strange that I forwarded a photocopy to the FRB Director at the time and suggested that he look into it . . . and perhaps have a chat with the issuing chief about what is an appropriate restriction. No, I have no idea what he did with my info.

Len, you have my attention. Inquiring minds want to know what the oddball specific restriction was 🤣😂🤣😂

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It was many years ago and I honestly do not recall the details other than it was a very strange restriction.
Seems to me that I remember something like that. The court ordered the chief to issue the LTC, which he did, but with restrictions that made it worthless and even comical. Jack.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
when i was still working, a guy i worked with applied for an unrestricted ltc in medford along with his 23 year old son. both first time applications. his son got unrestricted while dad got restrictions. odd i thought. this happened maybe 9 years ago.

dgrantdoherty

NES Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
when i was still working, a guy i worked with applied for an unrestricted ltc in medford along with his 23 year old son. both first time applications. his son got unrestricted while dad got restrictions. odd i thought. this happened maybe 9 years ago.
Perhaps the father was a known homosexual. Sorry this just reminded me of an old government film for some reason
ssrco,slim_fit_t_shirt,flatlay,5a1f32_a6197194c6,front,wide_portrait,750x1000-bg,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
No not really. Don’t pat yourself on the back. Yet. I wish you luck, but you are going about this too casually re the “background check.” There are many flavors of background checks. We don’t care you work at an airstrip.

Get a lawyer and good luck.
This.
I thought I was all set. Chief Larrabee himself said there would be no problem getting my LTC after a cwof/dismissed (non-violent offence). But I put it off and he was retired by the time I applied. Still, it was a 20 year old dismissal and I had an otherwise spotless record. I called the state to check the status, they said their approval was sent back to the PD. It was only after all the other approvals were OKed did I get the dreaded suitability denial.

Top Bottom