Maura Healey refuses to disclose

Definitely. Now, is there a way for a follow up request so this guy can further push? Or have a court demand she turns over documents from BEFORE 7/20 not a bunch of emails from after??

He should reach out to Judicial Watch for assistance. They certainly know their way around a lawsuit to compel compliance with a FOIA request. I believe they have a resource in Massachusetts.

imagine playing a game and sleeping next to the one who is in charge of the rulebook. easy win if you ask me

He should reach out to Judicial Watch for assistance. They certainly know their way around a lawsuit to compel compliance with a FOIA request. I believe they have a resource in Massachusetts.

That is a good point. Can anyone get him on this forum??

The fact that the AGO released post-July20th correspondence indicates that the deliberative process is over, therefore pre-July 20th materials are no longer exempt. I hope the requester gets this into court, and finds a judge who's had a bad experience with Healey. We all have our dreams.

It's reasonable to assume the NSSF and other legal groups filed similar requests for this and anything else of interest in Healey's career. Hell, the lawyers are probably looking in places we'd never think or even dream of researching or requesting information from.

"“After Orlando I was asked by many members of the media, ‘could this weapon be purchased here in Massachusetts?’” Healey said earlier this month during an appearance on Boston Public Radio. “So I asked the team to look into it."

If this was true, there would be records of such questions being posed to Ms. Healey, which would show up in the FOIA request.

Got your point, but why should we respect a dictator?

Because, then you can craft your opposition intelligently. It's the old Sun Tzu thing about knowing your enemy, and yourself.

Why do you think her move was a surprise? Because, the last Anti move (i.e. Linsky et al) was opposed, and mostly defeated. Get there firstest with the mostest, and don't let then know you're comin'.

They keep ignoring that 3 hours passed before the police went in and only focus on the gun used. The body count most likely wouldn't have been any where near what it was if the response had been quicker. Also they'll probably do like hillary and holder did. They'll submit information that has been highly redacted and or claim that the information is missing etc.

If this was true, there would be records of such questions being posed to Ms. Healey, which would show up in the FOIA request.

"“After Orlando I was asked by many members of the media, ‘could this weapon be purchased here in Massachusetts?’” Healey said earlier this month during an appearance on Boston Public Radio. “So I asked the team to look into it."

She can't release what doesn't exist. We all like to think that she planned this a while ago all on her own but I'd be suprised if that was true. Plus, she would have done this much earlier if she had a clue. Unfortunately, she isn't the only one to blame. The clueless public is an equal obstacle.

I bet this came about by massive amounts of emails to her office after some mass shooting, maybe Orlando, maybe something earlier. A group of hippies probably discovered the MA compliant stuff after a stealthy operation in an evil gun store as they hunted for material for their next #DisarmHate common sense gun control rally. Clueless Maura then asked her paper pushers to look into it and was told that the MA compliant stuff was real. Instantly, she sharted as she thought the AWB got rid of all the machine guns. She then came out and pretended how all this was brought about by her actually caring about the mass shootings around the nation. Add in the political timing for this to go down and directive complete.

If I was a betting man, that's how I think it went down. Hillary running and the timing was just the push she needed but no way she researched and came up with the idea on her own.

If you actually think there is no "In house papertrail"? Then I have some beach front property in Arizona for you.

LOL sure there is and fine, we should be able to see them, whatever. Still, if you think that papertrail will show that this all began with her, I think you'll be suprised.

Just like we call/email our reps about fighting stupid gun laws, there are others on the opposite side who are equally passionate about calling their reps to fight against us. Assuming Maura figured this all out, put together meetings, and accomplished what she did all on her own is giving her too much credit. She's not that smart. She was tipped off about something she had no clue about and timed her response just right to gain favor from her base, simple as that.

We can dislike her all we want but she only exists because of the morons around us. The more important issue is how we move forward.

I keep thinking that that moron in Lexington may have been the one that pushed this snowball down the hill. It was only 3-4 months ago

Anyone know the guy who filed it? Pretty cool

Don't know him personally but he's in a few pro 2A facebook groups I am a part of and shared what he received as a "response" a few weeks ago. Couldn't help but think what a BS response this was when I read through the documents. Absolutely nothing showing who and what was discussed while she decided to change her "interpretation".

She can't release what doesn't exist. We all like to think that she planned this a while ago all on her own but I'd be suprised if that was true. Plus, she would have done this much earlier if she had a clue. Unfortunately, she isn't the only one to blame. The clueless public is an equal obstacle.

I bet this came about by massive amounts of emails to her office after some mass shooting, maybe Orlando, maybe something earlier. A group of hippies probably discovered the MA compliant stuff after a stealthy operation in an evil gun store as they hunted for material for their next #DisarmHate common sense gun control rally. Clueless Maura then asked her paper pushers to look into it and was told that the MA compliant stuff was real. Instantly, she sharted as she thought the AWB got rid of all the machine guns. She then came out and pretended how all this was brought about by her actually caring about the mass shootings around the nation. Add in the political timing for this to go down and directive complete.

If I was a betting man, that's how I think it went down. Hillary running and the timing was just the push she needed but no way she researched and came up with the idea on her own.

she went down to DC in may to talk "gun violence" back in May, she was also a speaker at some GC event, (someone posted the picture of the speaking agenda here, but I'm too lazy to find it.) Her name was in print under the headline "Taking Action"

this has been in the works for a while.

Isn't NSSF pursuing legal action about her "Decree"? Wouldn't they be asking for that material during depositions and discovery?

That could take a lot longer than expected. I believe the FOIA has a time period. No? Trust me. I'd love to see any and all of the responsible parties with their balls or flaps stapled to the walls over this.

She's a lawyer. She's doing what lawyers do: deny, delay, deflect, defend.

She's a politician. She's doing what pols do: Pander to their voter base, and get free publicity.

this was a political action and I believe the rebukes need to be political in fashion. she should be made to look like incompetent and criminal in the virtual town square. The messages should be simple, harsh, and keep her on her heels. It's the only thing these people respond to, oh and we should take as many of her associates with her, they helped, and they're waiting in the wings, just like Healey was when Coakley's run ended. Keep the FOIA's up, I suspect they'll lead back to DC, anyway.

A review of the state public records statute indicates the reason for withholding such information may not be as cut-and-dry as Healey’s office claims. The statute does list several exemptions, including "inter-agency or intra-agency memoranda or letters relating to policy positions being developed by the agency," but notes that "this subclause shall not apply to reasonably completed factual studies or reports on which the development of such policy positions has been or may be based."

Well, since these studies and reports were unreasonably completed, then obviously they shouldn't be released. Duh.

Honestly, I'm not surprised at all.

Like $5000/month, approximately, on an AMEX card that is obscuring legal reporting requirements.

It's reasonable to assume the NSSF and other legal groups filed similar requests for this and anything else of interest in Healey's career. Hell, the lawyers are probably looking in places we'd never think or even dream of researching or requesting information from.

this was a political action and I believe the rebukes need to be political in fashion. she should be made to look like incompetent and criminal in the virtual town square. The messages should be simple, harsh, and keep her on her heels. It's the only thing these people respond to, oh and we should take as many of her associates with her, they helped, and they're waiting in the wings, just like Healey was when Coakley's run ended. Keep the FOIA's up, I suspect they'll lead back to DC, anyway.

These seem to be a badge of honor with politicians these days. It's seems like it's a game of chicken to see how much they can get away with. You can "made to look" all you want but not enough people are paying attention.

The fact that her office refuses to release anything sounds like a tacit admission that she just pulled the decision out of her ass, tongued it a little to see if it tasted good - and then went with it.

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say she is trying not to spill the beans because there's probably a trail of breadcrumbs leading back to or involving HRC and other high ranking democrats.

It would be great if somebody would hack her emails and find the connection back to Clinton, Soros - or Bloomberg.

Back
Top Bottom