• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Doctors No Longer Need to Disclose History of Mental Health Issues or past Drug Use

So, MA has eliminated questions about mental health issues and past drug use during the credentialing process of doctors because it stigmatizes them and led them to not seek help when needed because they had to choose between getting help or working.

So, it is stigmatizing to ask these questions for a job, which is a totally voluntary thing, but it is not stigmatizing to ask these questions for a constitutional right. Got it.

https://www.mhalink.org/news/credentialingreformannouncement/#:~:text=“The American Medical Association commends,of a mental illness or

Even though I don’t work in an acute care (ER/trauma Surgery setting)… my biggest fear with a doctor besides them not answering the phone is…. “Dr. So and so have you been drinking”…. And you know dammn well if I was “wrong” I would be fired and reported to the board of nursing…

It all depends on how much $$ that doctor brings into the hospital. Prime example is

Dr. Christopher Duntsch​

Vertex has submitted for approval a new non-opiate drug (VX-548). It supposedly worked well in phase 2 trials on nerve pain. It works via a specific sodium channel on the peripheral nerves rather than the CNS as opiates do. I'm sure there are dozens of highly paid consultants coming up with a name (you know, stuff like Nonalgia and Cumunope) right now. Vertex stock has skyrocketed but I think still has some upside. When this hits the market it will be a multibillion dollar drug.
I sure hope so but I don’t really trust it to not be any more addictive than the other stuff and I’m not too worried about getting addicted to it I can make it by just taking one or two on Friday of what they have now I’m just getting over it.

I’m all for the make a new shit but they used to tell you that the other stuff wasn’t addictive.
If you just eat before you take it, don’t get shitfaced obviously and keep it for when you really need You’d be fine but a lot of people can’t do that. Just wanna be on cloud nine all day. I’m OK with it hurting almost every day but some days it’s just not f***ing happening just crawling into a bottle. Which is lost its effectiveness.

The other bitch of it is because our refuse to go to the hospital for both my injuries… and I’m only 39 they don’t wanna give you any of the good stuff from the old days that they used to hand out like skittles but either way, I can’t imagine taking that shit every day you won’t be able to poop and you feel like a piece of wet cardboard

The other bitch of it is because our refuse to go to the hospital for both my injuries… and I’m only 39 they don’t wanna give you any of the good stuff from the old days that they used to hand out like skittles but either way, I can’t imagine taking that shit every day you won’t be able to poop and you feel like a piece of wet cardboard

This new “limiting” policy is a real PITA for those that really do need the drugs. My wife went through arm surgery this past summer where they worked on tendons, nerves and elbow. They sent her home with five pills for the pain. Five! She had to go back and ask for refills and provide reasons for needing more pills. A real bitch of a process for the amount of pain she was in.

This new “limiting” policy is a real PITA for those that really do need the drugs. My wife went through arm surgery this past summer where they worked on tendons, nerves and elbow. They sent her home with five pills for the pain. Five! She had to go back and ask for refills and provide reasons for needing more pills. A real bitch of a process for the amount of pain she was in.
I’m ready they used to hand out like 12 or 24 30 years ago.. I know some people with serious injuries back then they give them those big tall bottles.. several at once but they were walking around with a broken back and that thing they screwed your head when you have a broken neck and I’m pretty sure at that point it was required..

Fresh pains, easy it’s that old shit that gets you.

They made it such a pain in the ass that all, but the biggest drug seekers go down there when you can just buy drugs on the street for nothing it’s not like these guys need to pass the drug test anyway

I sure hope so but I don’t really trust it to not be any more addictive than the other stuff and I’m not too worried about getting addicted to it I can make it by just taking one or two on Friday of what they have now I’m just getting over it.

I’m all for the make a new shit but they used to tell you that the other stuff wasn’t addictive.
If you just eat before you take it, don’t get shitfaced obviously and keep it for when you really need You’d be fine but a lot of people can’t do that. Just wanna be on cloud nine all day. I’m OK with it hurting almost every day but some days it’s just not f***ing happening just crawling into a bottle. Which is lost its effectiveness.
I certainly understand your skepticism, but if it genuinely does not affect the central nervous system the likelihood of addiction is low. Opioids actually alter brain chemistry and bind to opioid receptors in the body releasing various "pleasure" neurotransmitters such as endorphins, thus the pleasure rush users feel. Tolerance grows quickly, so users seek higher and higher doses. Doctors and insurance companies increasingly restrict prescription amounts because addiction is such a horrible problem in many and it's hard to tell who may react how. Withdrawal can be horrific, which sends so many looking for illegal ways to get their "fix." I have extremely painful peripheral neuropathy--my feet burn and feel stabbed, etc. I had spinal surgery a little over a year ago. I was on 15 mg of oxycodone 3 time's a day for over a month. I didn't taper off like they told me to and just quit. The withdrawal was brutal so I went back and did it right. I now have a prescription for 5 mg a day, but I only use it when I play golf, I take 10 mg (it feels like my shoes are fill of pebbles). My prescription is for 30 pills a month but I only refill it ever two to three months. Sometimes I have to pee in a cup to prove that I am using it and not selling it or something. It's increasingly hard to get, but I can't take NSAIDs (tylenol, advil, etc), so it's basically the only option.

Back
Top Bottom