Massachusetts Bill HD.4420 "An act to modernize gun Laws"

Don’t understand why the SC doesn’t end this nonsense once and for all. They have already said they are prepared to decide some cases that were remanded back to lower courts. They have to see what’s going on in Dem states. The games being played by liberal politicians and biased courts. Are they willing to allow millions of felons to be created by bureaucrats. What the hell is wrong with them? End this!!!!
We are at a point where politicians don't care and ignore SCOTUS rulings.

LOL you have to report lost magazines.
A bit off topic, but if you left a magazine from a name brand firearms manufacturer and aftermarket basepad and pistol range #3 (maybe #2) at the Hopkinton club at least a few months ago (maybe even last year), identify the magazine brand/description; base pad color and basepad brand and I'll arrange it's return (currently stored in the computer room at the club).

As to the law - the one thing they slipped up on was reference to the OUI limit in existing law - thus undoing the precedent of "Under .08 is not a defense to carrying under the influence charge since guns are more dangerous than cars" MA court decision.

Doesnt bruen give standing? I thought there have been examples of shit like this in the past where they come down and basically are like listen shit head we just did this
Sure, but it because:

A. There was a law
B. Someone challenged it.

We don't have A, so you can't start the legal process.

This is sort of a crux of the healey shit, it's hard to challenge because nobody has been prosecuted for it. Most all the challenges are procedural violations.

Doesnt bruen give standing? I thought there have been examples of shit like this in the past where they come down and basically are like listen shit head we just did this
The law has to be signed by the Governor into law in order to be in standing in MA.
Until it’s official, the courts can’t be involved.

Challenges will have to go through the regular legal process. District, Circuit, application for cert. at SCOTUS. The question if whether lower federal courts will challenge SCOTUS or fall into line?

Last edited:
A bit off topic, but if you left a magazine from a name brand firearms manufacturer and aftermarket basepad and pistol range #3 (maybe #2) at the Hopkinton club at least a few months ago (maybe even last year), identify the magazine brand/description; base pad color and basepad brand and I'll arrange it's return (currently stored in the computer room at the club).
Col. Mustard, in the study, with the candle stick.

Figured it was worth a try.

GOAL is as powerful as their membership is willing to get out and get involved.
Not sure that’s the case anymore. There were plenty of stops on the listening tour where there was a great turnout on the Pro-2A side and excellent points were made in defense of the 2nd amendment. Obviously, no one listened. The anti-gunners have supermajorities in all branches of government here, they’ll pass any laws they want. SCOTUS be damned.

I’ve been saying this for a while now - the legislature doesn’t care about pissing off their gun owning constituents, they make up such a tiny fraction of their voters. Less than 10% of the population of MA can even legally own a gun (and from the looks of things, that number is going to get even smaller in time)

Not sure that’s the case anymore. There were plenty of stops on the listening tour where there was a great turnout on the Pro-2A side and excellent points were made in defense of the 2nd amendment. Obviously, no one listened. The anti-gunners have supermajorities in all branches of government here, they’ll pass any laws they want. SCOTUS be damned.

If we think the antis have an easy time of it now, just wait until there's nobody pushing back at all.
Less than 10% of the population of MA can even legally own a gun (and from the looks of things, that number is going to get even smaller in time)

Respectfully, hard disagree with this take. Gun ownership here has risen 20% in the last few years alone. Yes, it's true that less than 10% of MA residents have gun licenses but that number is up.

Put another way, 10% might seem like a small number, but if 529,000 people showed up at the state house demanding they put a stop to this bullshit, it's hard to see how that could be ignored.

So if its a 'Ban' does it say that you can keep what you have or are they saying that you have to turn in prohibited firearms? I haven't read the bill yet, I've just been reading this thread.
What we know so far: GOAL - Lawful Citizens Imprisonment Act

There’s a lot to unpack in this piece of shit. Most of it will end up being watered down.

I’ve been saying this for a while now - the legislature doesn’t care about pissing off their gun owning constituents, they make up such a tiny fraction of their voters. Less than 10% of the population of MA can even legally own a gun (and from the looks of things, that number is going to get even smaller in time)
This bill is over 140 pages long. This thing was written well before any listening tour. They already knew what they were going to do, now they’ll say that they had input from the firearms community.

If I understand the process, let’s say the SC stops sitting on their hands and rules favorably on the cases they have already granted certioari. They write a decision that is clear and concise on unconstitutional firearms and mag bans, including language on other issues such as sensitive places. Then when dipshit pols in states like ours pass laws that violate the rulings, we now have standing to ask for an immediate injunction from SCOTUS and give the finger to Beacon Hill.

Best case?
Or pipe dream……..

Back
Top Bottom