Mass Stabbing at Silver City Galleria

While this is true in police circles sheriffs deputies might be on that tier of fake cops vs munis/MSP etc, but as far as the media is concerned the sheriffs deputy/constable/Boston SPO suddenly will magically morph into a cop for purposes of bloviating about some event. Can't have the public thinking the guy is a commoner. [thinking]

-Mike

Exactly my point.

If this were a civilian he'd probably be arrested and tried for various gun related charges and some sort of manslaughter despite doing the right thing morally and situationally to stop the threat. Its a sad double standard that all us "second class citizens" face. And if lucky to have charges dropped I'm sure the family of the attacker would file in civil court for wrongful death and win damages from the shooter. Freakin laws are so twisted

What I wonder is if this sheriff guy is going to be proclaimed the hero why wasn't he the first to jump and react? The restaurant had to be complete chaos so I highly doubt that he sat there unaware of what was going on until more than one person was stabbed.. Give the teacher(Mr. Heath) the credit he deserves for his selfless act to put himself in harms way to save the waitress. He gave his life to save 2 and that takes far more courage than reacting after and shooting the attacker dead.

It's legally very tricky business to shoot someone attacking another person if your own life isn't in danger. In MA, outside the home, you have a primary duty to retreat and only if you can't safely retreat may you legally use deadly force. He may well have had to wait until he could articulate that the threat had "come to him" prior to acting. It also may have happened in a whirl, much quicker than most would think, plus if people were running/panicking, he may have had to wait for a clear shot to avoid hitting an innocent. LEOs can come in guns blazing and almost always get away with collateral damage. The deputy may well have known that he might not get that LEO protection when the smoke cleared and acted as a responsible (due to MA laws) citizen instead of a so-called "trained LEO".

Exactly my point Len.. doing the right thing is different for the boys in blue underwear and us second class citizens. my natural reaction would be to shoot the MF'er and end the threat but the law conscious side of me knows that I would get life in prison for doing the right thing instead of waiting for the police to protect and serve regardless of innocent lives lost.

weird coincidence I was having a conversation at work Monday with a guy about carrying in public. He's giving me attitude like a typical anti saying what you need to do that for etc. I told him next time you go to the mall take a look around maybe 1 out of every 10-20 people are just like me. 2 days later this happens so when I got to work yesterday I just looked at him and asked "still think carrying in the mall is a bad idea?" Reaction was priceless to say the least... It almost sounded like a champagne bottle being opened when his head popped out his ass

Did I miss the good stuff again? Let's keep this unlocked so I can be lazy and find any new info without having to search for it myself...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What's being missed here is that the killer should never have made it to the Mall. In a perfect world, homeowner should have had the means to make sure they survived and the perp was tagged and bagged on Myricks Street.

Last edited:
This popped up in my news feed...
13139278_10154306107132494_5060930852928570379_n.jpg
Dear "Taunton Strong":
While immensely sorry for your grief, I'd like to remind you that had even ONE law-abiding citizen in Macy's been carrying their legal firearm, a right granted Constitutionally and abided by in most other states (unfortunately not in yours, however), this deranged lunatic would have never made it to Bertucci's and a heroic gentleman would still be alive - rather than bleed to death in front of his wife and other horrified Bertuccis customers..
Clearly, most citizens of our great nation realize that a firearm was, unfortunately, most likely the only thing that could have prevented this attack.
Sincerely,
Thomas Jefferson

This popped up in my news feed...
13139278_10154306107132494_5060930852928570379_n.jpg

I never understood this. What's so "strong" about any of this?! Just like Boston, you got your asses handed to you and this is a feeble attempt to seem somewhat tough. It all ends up being a marketing ploy and the only thing stronger is someone's bank account.

If they want to be stronger they should be looking inside themselves to seek training in looking for suspicious activity and getting an LTC with regular practice.

Since all the movie theater shootings/mall shootings/terrorist crap going on,I started carrying my gun a lot. I would've shot the bastard and be thankful that the Plymouth deputy was there or there would have been more killings. Everyone that acted that day is a hero.

i saw on wcvb's newscast last night, when the guys family (the guy who did the stabbings) had made a statement and took questions from the press, an unidentified reporter asked what did he do for work. one woman answered "he was a de-leader" and then the question was asked, what is that and how long was he doing it. turns out for a couple years, he was removing lead from homes and apartments...lead paint, pipes, etc. i'm just wondering if this helped him go full on nuts, ingesting lead for a couple of years.

i saw on wcvb's newscast last night, when the guys family (the guy who did the stabbings) had made a statement and took questions from the press, an unidentified reporter asked what did he do for work. one woman answered "he was a de-leader" and then the question was asked, what is that and how long was he doing it. turns out for a couple years, he was removing lead from homes and apartments...lead paint, pipes, etc. i'm just wondering if this helped him go full on nuts, ingesting lead for a couple of years.

Probably but probably not. That's where the expression "mad as a hatter comes from" they inhaled lead fumes and would go insane from lead poisoning. The problem is that the results of the situation are real to whoever fell victim to this madman. It's sucks all around, but what he did gets him what he deserved.

Probably but probably not. That's where the expression "mad as a hatter comes from" they inhaled lead fumes and would go insane from lead poisoning. The problem is that the results of the situation are real to whoever fell victim to this madman. It's sucks all around, but what he did gets him what he deserved.
Er, nope. The phrase came from mercury used in the processing of felt for hats, not lead,.

Those guys are tested on a regular basis. High levels would of showed up before he went nuts.

I think it's crazy how drinking a metal is used in medicine. I have an abdominal CT coming up in a couple hours and I have to drink this stuff. It kinda tastes like a virgin piña colada.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1463077512.323523.jpg

It's legally very tricky business to shoot someone attacking another person if your own life isn't in danger. In MA, outside the home, you have a primary duty to retreat and only if you can't safely retreat may you legally use deadly force. He may well have had to wait until he could articulate that the threat had "come to him" prior to acting. It also may have happened in a whirl, much quicker than most would think, plus if people were running/panicking, he may have had to wait for a clear shot to avoid hitting an innocent. LEOs can come in guns blazing and almost always get away with collateral damage. The deputy may well have known that he might not get that LEO protection when the smoke cleared and acted as a responsible (due to MA laws) citizen instead of a so-called "trained LEO".

http://www.mass.gov/courts/docs/cou...inal/6000-9999/9260-defenses-self-defense.pdf

Page 17

Honest question: all i see in the papers and social media is everyone praising the deputy for using his firearm and preventing further injuries and possibly deaths. Everyone calling him a hero (I'm not saying he isn't). Replace deputy with regular civilian, would there be an equal outpouring of support from the press and people on social media?? My gut tells me no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bingo. If it were a civilian, there'd be an arrest and charges they can look forward to. But because cop............you get the drift.

Bingo. If it were a civilian, there'd be an arrest and charges they can look forward to. But because cop............you get the drift.

I'm so sick of this.

You cannot cite a single example of a lawfully armed citizen stopping a mass shooting/stabbing and being criminally charged for it.

Prove me wrong.

I'm so sick of this.

You cannot cite a single example of a lawfully armed citizen stopping a mass shooting/stabbing and being criminally charged for it.

Prove me wrong.

Being criminally charged and having you life f*cked are two different things.
Look no further than the guy that shot the nutbag that was in the process of stabbing a doctor.
Martha didn't charge him, just jacked his life up for a year or so.
He worked armed security IIRC.
License pulled till they made the determination he wouldn't be charged, so couldn't work.
Having to hire a Lawyer ect.
They made that guy sweat it out for almost a year wondering if he was in fact going to be charged, plus having to deal with the emotional toll of having to end someone's life all the while.
Even knowing that , I wouldn't have done it any different than he did, but I sure as hell know I won't be a pat on the back for saving a life in this state.

Actually it was the Mercury used in making hats.

They made that guy sweat it out for almost a year wondering if he was in fact going to be charged, plus having to deal with the emotional toll of having to end someone's life all the while.
And, unlike a real cop, they required him to be defenseless if a relative of the miscreant came looking for retribution.

Last edited:
Yeah, OK because you know everything.. SICK of this BS thought. **** ! Maybe if people like you stopped thinking that way, and got behind people, this shit would stop.

Last edited:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Ringworm

[video]https://youtu.be/mLj-PvU54sw?t=6m41s[/video]

Honest question: all i see in the papers and social media is everyone praising the deputy for using his firearm and preventing further injuries and possibly deaths. Everyone calling him a hero (I'm not saying he isn't). Replace deputy with regular civilian, would there be an equal outpouring of support from the press and people on social media?? My gut tells me no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video]https://youtu.be/mLj-PvU54sw?t=6m41s[/video]

I think there would be support for an armed civilian. This guy was clearly in the act of cutting up people. Rational people would see this for what it was, and be vocal about. There were 50+ witnesses. It would be hard to charge him with a crime

If this were a civilian he'd probably be arrested and tried for various gun related charges and some sort of manslaughter despite doing the right thing morally and situationally to stop the threat. Its a sad double standard that all us "second class citizens" face. And if lucky to have charges dropped I'm sure the family of the attacker would file in civil court for wrongful death and win damages from the shooter. Freakin laws are so twisted

What I wonder is if this sheriff guy is going to be proclaimed the hero why wasn't he the first to jump and react? The restaurant had to be complete chaos so I highly doubt that he sat there unaware of what was going on until more than one person was stabbed.. Give the teacher(Mr. Heath) the credit he deserves for his selfless act to put himself in harms way to save the waitress. He gave his life to save 2 and that takes far more courage than reacting after and shooting the attacker dead.

Mr. Heath and his wife both attempted to intervene and did come to the aid of the pregnant waitress. Very brave and selfless! But please think about your statement.... The "sheriff guy" was at dinner with his own family. Do you think in a highly stressful and grave situation someone would just leap into action like a super hero? Or, would you ensure your own family was as safe as possible or had an exit strategy for his family first and then leap into action. You can Monday-morning QB this all month long, but unless you are put in this situation, you have no idea how each individual person would respond. Who knows? They may have found you hiding under table peeking out from a table cloth until the dust settled! You just never know, do you? I think my family's safety would be my top priority, but then again we weren't there.

Back
Top Bottom