• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mass Stabbing at Silver City Galleria

I'm so sick of this.
You cannot cite a single example of a lawfully armed citizen stopping a mass shooting/stabbing and being criminally charged for it.
Prove me wrong.

You're in Newport RI.... Come and draw a legal CCW in MA and use it to stop literally anything in progress....Make yourself a hero...Save a life, or several...save a child, stop a knife attack, prevent innocent people from being shot, etc....Then come back to us in a year or so ...a year or more where you'll be without your "temporarily confiscated" LTC and ALL of your firearms, your wife's firearms and anyone else's who lives with you, etc etc... and then come back and re-post the same text you posted above, and remind us how "sick of this" (suggestions from NESers about using a CCW in self defense and getting jacked up for it by the .gov here in the CommonPiss of LiberScrewsus) you are....

Go ahead. We'll wait. And then you can "Tell us how that worked out for ya."
Prove me wrong.

You're in Newport RI.... Come and draw a legal CCW in MA and use it to stop literally anything in progress....Make yourself a hero...Save a life, or several...save a child, stop a knife attack, prevent innocent people from being shot, etc....Then come back to us in a year or so ...a year or more where you'll be without your "temporarily confiscated" LTC and ALL of your firearms, your wife's firearms and anyone else's who lives with you, etc etc... and then come back and re-post the same text you posted above, and remind us how "sick of this" (suggestions from NESers about using a CCW in self defense and getting jacked up for it by the .gov here in the CommonPiss of LiberScrewsus) you are....

Prove me wrong.
Here we go again with this shit

I think there would be support for an armed civilian. This guy was clearly in the act of cutting up people. Rational people would see this for what it was, and be vocal about. There were 50+ witnesses. It would be hard to charge him with a crime
As if that would stop the liberal Harvard wingnuts from trying (and succeeding) in making your heroic life miserable? One of the FIRST things I heard passing thru South Station on my way to work this afternoon were a few pinheaded TWITS talking about the "poor man" that had to be shot because he "was episodic after seeking help" blah blah blah.... Actually at the top of their concerns....."They could have used a stun gun on him or something..The poor man" etc etc.

I am NOT making this up. This state is literally beyond all f*cking help.

- - - Updated - - -

Here we go again with this shit
Maybe cuz this sh*t still keeps happening... Seemingly every Massachusetts day???
(PS: There are other threads waiting to be read if this one is currently irritating you)

As if that would stop the liberal Harvard wingnuts from trying (and succeeding) in making your heroic life miserable? One of the FIRST things I heard passing thru South Station on my way to work this afternoon were a few pinheaded TWITS talking about the "poor man" that had to be shot because he "was episodic after seeking help" blah blah blah.... Actually at the top of their concerns....."They could have used a stun gun on him or something..The poor man" etc etc.

I am NOT making this up. This state is literally beyond all f*cking help.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe cuz this sh*t still keeps happening... Seemingly every Massachusetts day???
(PS: There are other threads waiting to be read if this one is currently irritating you)

Your thinking sucks. Maybe you shouldn't carry in this state. Same for you, go read something else.

Prove me wrong.

I'm not going to pollute the thread with this.

You have a PM.

That sucks.

I've got to wonder why he lost it...it's too bad he didn't get the treatment he needed. Another failure by our miserable mental health system.

Didn't a guy pull a gun in Brockton a week or two ago when someone tried to Craigslist scam him? Brought $700 cash and his gun. They tried to roll him, he defended himself... no charges.

I'll find it...

Last edited:
Its the civil case that will get you though, lower threshold, usually tied up for years in the court.

And say a lawfully armed LTC holder shoots this guy in the mall, but a round ricochets and hits a kid, that would go criminal most likely.

Still better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Someday Aryan Nation will come up with some horseshit that Adolph had a bad childhood, was mentally ill, and was denied treatment by the mean old government.

The liberals will trot out some baby pictures, and all will be forgiven.

Last edited:
Want to have your heart broken ?

Go to http://howiecarrshow.com and listen to the interview with the wife of George Heath, the 56-year-old New Bedford high school teacher murdered as he saved the life of a pregnant waitress.

Her husband and best friend was murdered less than 48 hours ago. She seems calm, but it is clear reality has yet to sink in.

While Arthur "AJ" DaRosa's family blames "The System" instead of the vile puke they spawned.

Rot in Hell, DaRosa and your filthy family !!!

... You cannot cite a single example of a lawfully armed citizen stopping a mass shooting/stabbing and being criminally charged for it. ...

Being criminally charged and having you life f*cked are two different things.
Look no further than the guy that shot the nutbag that was in the process of stabbing a doctor.
Martha didn't charge him, just jacked his life up for a year or so.

One wonders if Hoon feels the Bern...

... Rational people would see this for what it was, and be vocal about. There were 50+ witnesses. It would be hard to charge him with a crime

Rational people are few and far between in the media, law enforcement, the general public and even here in that last bastion of rationality, NES...

Prove me wrong.

Lol take a valium, dude. If you're that afraid of the system, i feel sorry for you. Being consumed with worry about something that will probably never happen is pretty draining. Yes, we all know how people have been persecuted in MA... but it's still better than the alternative.

Want to have your heart broken ?

Go to http://howiecarrshow.com and listen to the interview with the wife of George Heath, the 56-year-old New Bedford high school teacher murdered as he saved the life of a pregnant waitress.

Her husband and best friend was murdered less than 48 hours ago. She seems calm, but it is clear reality has yet to sink in.

While Arthur "AJ" DaRosa's family blames "The System" instead of the vile puke they spawned.

Rot in Hell, DaRosa and your filthy family !!!

The mental health system is a joke and a disaster. That said, this guy was a monster and was killing and injuring others so he needed to be put down, plain and simple. When the libtards stop glorifying mental illness and insisting that mentally ill people are a protected class that just need a hug and access to whatever bathroom they want on any given day and the establishment politicians stop wasting tax dollars on stupid sh1t instead of funding some real mental health solutions then we can start serious discussions about what to do with/for people like this. Until then they need to be put down when they act up in a violent way.

I have family members (not blood, by marriage) that have mental illness. One has been diagnosed with a serious mental illness and is on meds. That said when he decides not to take his meds he becomes violent and is a danger to others. He has tried to kill his younger brother already at least once and has only been stopped by his insane mother who refuses to call the police on her "little boy". Instead she got a restraining order against the younger borther who almost got killed. He has mental issues too but not as bad, not yet anyway but he gets a little worse each year. They both belong locked away because they don't take their meds like they should and/or they have serious issues with any authority and get violent very quickly. Not saying they should be treated like criminals or animals but they cannot function normally in society and they are a tragedy waiting to happen.

One wonders if Hoon feels the Bern...

Im not sure how you came to that conclusion, lol

Lol take a valium, dude. If you're that afraid of the system, i feel sorry for you. Being consumed with worry about something that will probably never happen is pretty draining. Yes, we all know how people have been persecuted in MA... but it's still better than the alternative.

Exactly.

MA is not gun friendly and a lawful citizen who uses a firearm in a "good shoot" will certainly go through more than they would in other states, but the NES consensus that the state will absolutely railroad anyone who uses a firearm in a clear cut case of self defense just isn't supported by case law/fact.

The mental health system is a joke and a disaster. That said, this guy was a monster and was killing and injuring others so he needed to be put down, plain and simple. When the libtards stop glorifying mental illness and insisting that mentally ill people are a protected class that just need a hug and access to whatever bathroom they want on any given day and the establishment politicians stop wasting tax dollars on stupid sh1t instead of funding some real mental health solutions then we can start serious discussions about what to do with/for people like this. Until then they need to be put down when they act up in a violent way.

Exactly.

It's unfortunate that the guy didn't receive the help he asked for before receiving the bullet he earned.

MA is not gun friendly and a lawful citizen who uses a firearm in a "good shoot" will certainly go through more than they would in other states, but the NES consensus that the state will absolutely railroad anyone who uses a firearm in a clear cut case of self defense just isn't supported by case law/fact.

i agree...change this story around a bit and say this nut is in a store with a posted no weapons sign and stabbing someone and a civilian with ltc stepped in and shot him once but didn't kill him...i would imagine that civilian would get jammed up from all ends...maybe from the store company, from the nut, etc....costing this person a bunch of money in the process for doing something good...but there are only 2 alternatives in that situation...option 1 call 911 while running away or option 2 help in some way...even if instead of shooting the nut you smashed him with a chair it's still considered a deadly weapon so you'd still be screwed right...so the percentage of ever being in a situation to have to draw on someone is tiny and then the percentage that you won't get jammed up trying to help someone is tiny, so it makes you wonder why you even want to carry in this state...the laws favor the criminals here and even if the criminals are put in jail we pay for them...things need to change in MA but i'm not holding my breath

Last edited:
i agree...change this story around a bit and say this nut is in a store with a posted no weapons sign and stabbing someone and a civilian with ltc stepped in and shot him once but didn't kill him...i would imagine that civilian would get jammed up from all ends...maybe from the store company, from the nut, etc....costing this person a bunch of money in the process for doing something good...

What's the store company going to do? Maybe they could ban him for life from the store.... I'm sure he would really care. [rofl] You guys love making this stuff up.

Also this ayoobist glue sniffer stuff about civil suits in SD shootings really only matters if you have something to steal. So yeah if you got a couple million bucks socked away or something, you might be an attractive target. For the average pud, they'll probably be broke or close to it, by the time their crim defense is over (if it goes to that) which makes most people an unattractive target for the ambulance chasers. You can't get blood from a stone. If you have enough money that it makes you an attractive target, then it probably behooves you to have a couple top notch attorneys on speed dial.

-Mike

By the time someone reaches their 40s or 50s there is an excellent chance they have a paid off house, a few hundred K or more in the bank/IRAs, etc. To imply that the '"average Joe" is judgement proof due to lack of assets is mostly a younger person's thing. Once you become a middle age fat guy, the norm changes.

I noticed my insurance has a clause that excludes intentional acts except if "intended to protect persons or property". Note that in the infamous halloween shooting a few years ago (kid was mistaken for a miscreant on halloween, shot by jittery homeowner), the homeowners insurance paid out $600K. Yes, there are limits to what is covered, but it's a myth so say you are not covered under any circumstances if you defend yourself.

Being criminally charged and having you life f*cked are two different things.
Look no further than the guy that shot the nutbag that was in the process of stabbing a doctor.
Martha didn't charge him, just jacked his life up for a year or so.
He worked armed security IIRC.
License pulled till they made the determination he wouldn't be charged, so couldn't work.
Having to hire a Lawyer ect.
They made that guy sweat it out for almost a year wondering if he was in fact going to be charged, plus having to deal with the emotional toll of having to end someone's life all the while.
Even knowing that , I wouldn't have done it any different than he did, but I sure as hell know I won't be a pat on the back for saving a life in this state.

Langone wasn't ever going to be prosecuted "by Martha. " It was whoever the DA was at the time (I think it was Gerry Leone). Everyone knew that he wasn't going to charge Langone, but he was still being a douchebag and made him sweat it out for like 3 months. It wasn't "a year" from what I remember. Langone was also a Boston Special (SPO) which is required for some types of armed security in the city of Boston. SPOs are usually the guys who patrol housing projects and that kind of thing, but there are tons of them all over the city. It was still absurd though given the incontrovertible nature of the case. In any normal place he would have been let off the hook in a week or two tops. Even in MA a lot of those kinds of cases don't drag out that long. I remember several years ago some guy who was going on a crime spree tried to hold up Bob's liquors down around Worcester, the owner saw the the BG point a gun at his brother, and he shot the BG right in the store, and the guy was DRT. I think they cleared the owner in a few days. Of course that case may have been special, because the bad guy that got killed was kind of a running embarrassment to law enforcement- that guy hit like a handful of stores in central MA and they couldn't catch him, and then one night he tried to rob the wrong store....

-Mike

I don't know if pro 2A, or not pro 2A, or liability opinions matter once a crazy guy starts randomly carving up people who are obviously helpless. I believe that the pace is so fast at that point that the good guy with a gun doesn't have time to think about a lot of other issues beyond stopping the bad guy.

I don't know if pro 2A, or not pro 2A, or liability opinions matter once a crazy guy starts randomly carving up people who are obviously helpless. I believe that the pace is so fast at that point that the good guy with a gun doesn't have time to think about a lot of other issues beyond stopping the bad guy.

Right but having a plan in mind up front is what we all should have. The issue is, does your plan include helping others or is it to leave your sidearm holstered unless the threat is against you or your loved ones specifically. My plan has always been to see to the safety of my loved ones first then possibly help others if I feel very confident I can do so without making my wife a widow and my kids orphans.

Legal liability is tricky because if I help but get in criminal/legal trouble my wife may end up a without a husband and my kids without a dad if I'm in jail. They wouldn't even have my life insurance money and would have huge legal bills on top of that. It would be better for them financially if I was killed or just didn't try to help. Since I don't know how all that would shake out my plan is still to try to help once my loved ones are safe. That may or may not mean I am too late to help but I can't help that, my family will always come before strangers.

Mike it was 6 months that they jerked Langone along. Still expensive and painful to be in that position, defenseless.
I believe there is a 3 year limit for the decedent's family to file a suit, which also means that he needs to stay silent about the case for that period of time.

Right but having a plan in mind up front is what we all should have. The issue is, does your plan include helping others or is it to leave your sidearm holstered unless the threat is against you or your loved ones specifically. My plan has always been to see to the safety of my loved ones first then possibly help others if I feel very confident I can do so without making my wife a widow and my kids orphans.

Legal liability is tricky because if I help but get in criminal/legal trouble my wife may end up a without a husband and my kids without a dad if I'm in jail. They wouldn't even have my life insurance money and would have huge legal bills on top of that. It would be better for them financially if I was killed or just didn't try to help. Since I don't know how all that would shake out my plan is still to try to help once my loved ones are safe. That may or may not mean I am too late to help but I can't help that, my family will always come before strangers.

Easy to say, but could you really sit and watch elderly woman, or young woman for that matter get hacked up?

Back
Top Bottom