Mass Stabbing at Silver City Galleria

This popped up in my news feed...
13139278_10154306107132494_5060930852928570379_n.jpg

So strong that a CROWD of people were at the mercy of a single individual with a knife. If they had simply grouped and overwhelmed him, a whole lot less people would have gotten hurt and, very likely, no one would have died

So strong that a CROWD of people were at the mercy of a single individual with a knife. If they had simply grouped and overwhelmed him, a whole lot less people would have gotten hurt and, very likely, no one would have died

Are you kidding! One guy said that he ran away while the other guy was getting stabbed in the head and killed.

No, its not that simple. Maybe from behind a keyboard the next day, but not when it suddenly happens.

Are you kidding! One guy said that he ran away while the other guy was getting stabbed in the head and killed.

I guess the guy was chasing people around the mall before he ended up in Bertuccis. Oddly enough just to the left of Macy's on the way to Bertuccis is an oriental shop with a ton of swords and knives.

I guess the guy was chasing people around the mall before he ended up in Bertuccis. Oddly enough just to the left of Macy's on the way to Bertuccis is an oriental shop with a ton of swords and knives.

Yeah, I know. Thank god he didn't find the sword store at any point in time.

No, its not that simple. Maybe from behind a keyboard the next day, but not when it suddenly happens.
Exactly, I wish I could say I'd be the hero of the day but I can't say how I'd react to a psychotic man on a stabbing spree when I have no weapon. No, I'd know how, I'd run

Yeah, I know. Thank god he didn't find the sword store at any point in time.

I would hope that the store workers there have some sort of protection. .. I guess they can't open carry like a gun shop, but I doupt they are helpless either (some of that ninja knock off crap is expensive)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I hate to be the one sitting here on the interwebs, complaining about the interwebs.....but WTF is that shit!!! People are ****ed and I'm over the whole social media thing, but it's like a bad train wreck and I can't just look away!

It allows the FB crowd to feel like they're doing something without having to make any effort to actually do something.

so what are the origins of the knives?...from what i heard when he stabbed the people at the house he used a knife from their house and then went to mall and used another knife from bertuccis...so the guy is stabbing someone with a steak knife which there are a ton of on every table as well as chairs that he could have been beaten with?

Honest question: all i see in the papers and social media is everyone praising the deputy for using his firearm and preventing further injuries and possibly deaths. Everyone calling him a hero (I'm not saying he isn't). Replace deputy with regular civilian, would there be an equal outpouring of support from the press and people on social media?? My gut tells me no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was almost all I remember about that twat. "George Heath grabbed the guy when he was coming at me so I could run away". Yeah, good job ******* let someone else get hurt and flee. **** You!

He never ran around in the mall. After he crashed into the doors he ran into Macy's, attacked 1 elderly customer. Punched two female employees knocking them out and ran out of the other side door beside Bertucci's. He then entered Bertucci's, Grabbed a knife off a table and started stabbing the waitress.

We did wonder what would have happened if he did grab a sword from the store outside Macy's. The whole thing could have been much worse. Especially if the off duty cop wasn't there.

Maybe we can start calling ourselves "off duty gun owners " seems like everything gets a hall pass when you add Off-Duty to it.Your best chance of surviving an incident like this is left up to You and your on defense and not someone else. I guess all the mall ninjas weren't here for this one.

Maybe we can start calling ourselves "off duty gun owners " seems like everything gets a hall pass when you add Off-Duty to it.Your best chance of surviving an incident like this is left up to You and your on defense and not someone else. I guess all the mall ninjas weren't here for this one.
The crazy thing is he is not a Police Officer, he is a Corrections Officer

lol, we wouldn't be wrong either (unless you're actually clocked into work). I like that.

Honest question: all i see in the papers and social media is everyone praising the deputy for using his firearm and preventing further injuries and possibly deaths. Everyone calling him a hero (I'm not saying he isn't). Replace deputy with regular civilian, would there be an equal outpouring of support from the press and people on social media?? My gut tells me no.

Press-Silent

Social Media-explodes with positive praise

.gov- arrest, search warrant, arsenal laid out on tables

The crazy thing is he is not a Police Officer, he is a Corrections Officer
Yes, but it can be marketed to the masses as a "specially trained person". The press would he having a cognitive fit if this was a regular person - skip reporting it, or come down on the wrong side of the agenda.

This is a media and authorities generated response to justify a "man with a gun". There is some serious irony here. See my comments below.

The whole thing could have been much worse. Especially if the off duty cop wasn't there.

If you ask every police chief in MA if a deputy sheriff is a cop/police officer/law enforcement officer almost uniformly the answer will be HELL NO! they are jailers/corrections officers, not cops.

If you ask most cops, the answers will likely be very similar.

If you doubt me, do some "research" on MassCops forum!! It was the "hate" and threats to arrest any deputy sheriff running lights/sirens by alleged MSP Trooper that led me to quit that forum. Civilians look at the "thin blue line" as protective of all LE, but nothing could be further from the truth when it comes to those WITHIN that "thin blue line" . . . each faction of LE hates the others with a passion.

When a deputy tries to invoke the LE discount for their LTC, most find the chiefs staunching declaring that they do not qualify. Same with Constables, animal control officers, harbormasters, etc.

One news story buried the fact that he was eating dinner with his Wife and used his personal firearm. In general deputies aren't armed in the prisons, strictly (from what I'm told) when transporting prisoners or working road jobs for a PD that ran out of their own officers to fill the details. From a friend who is a deputy, they have to attend additional police academy classes to be certified to work those road jobs. Thus, this deputy is likely a "gun person" just like us, who takes personal protection seriously. Good for him and I applaud his actions. After the fact, the sheriff, police, DA, media make it all sound like he was in uniform either working there or stopped there to/from work and shot the guy as a true "off duty" event, rather than he acting as a private citizen. It fits their agenda and makes all of them look good in the eyes of the sheeple.

As happy as I am that a ccw stopped this guy, I wish he had no connection to law enforcement at all. Many anti's I have seen are screaming louder now that this proves that only law enforcement are trained and appropriate to carry weapons. In reality, many members on here train with their weapons more than most pd's do

If you ask every police chief in MA if a deputy sheriff is a cop/police officer/law enforcement officer almost uniformly the answer will be HELL NO! they are jailers/corrections officers, not cops.

If you ask most cops, the answers will likely be very similar.

While this is true in police circles sheriffs deputies might be on that tier of fake cops vs munis/MSP etc, but as far as the media is concerned the sheriffs deputy/constable/Boston SPO suddenly will magically morph into a cop for purposes of bloviating about some event. Can't have the public thinking the guy is a commoner. [thinking]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom