Mark Wahlberg victim says he shouldn't be pardoned - Can Marky Mark Own A Gun?

Why, again? This has been covered many times. Your link is eight years old.
I did a search and did not find it.

I know my link was old but that is all I could find.

I brought if up because it reminded me of the new DUI ruling.

It's also rather intriguing.

Mark is worth millions but he can't own a gun.

Very ironic.

In 2014, Wahlberg applied for a pardon from the State of Massachusetts for his convictions.[29][30] His pardon application engendered controversy.[21] According to the BBC, the debate about his suitability for a pardon raised "difficult issues, with the arguments on both sides being far-reaching and complex".[31] One individual attacked by Wahlberg when she was a child opposed the pardon, stating that "a racist will always be a racist".[14] Judith Beals, who had been the prosecutor in some of the cases, argued that "Wahlberg has never acknowledged the racial nature of his crimes" and that pardoning Wahlberg would undermine his charity work, saying: "a formal public pardon would highlight all too clearly that if you are white and a movie star, a different standard applies. Is that really what Wahlberg wants?"[32]

In 2016, Wahlberg said he regretted his attempt to obtain a pardon, and his petition was closed after he failed to answer a request from the pardon board as to whether he wanted it to remain open.[28][33]

I did a search and did not find it.

I know my link was old but that is all I could find.

I brought if up because it reminded me of the new DUI ruling.

It's also rather intriguing.

Mark is worth millions but he can't own a gun.

Very ironic.

In 2014, Wahlberg applied for a pardon from the State of Massachusetts for his convictions.[29][30] His pardon application engendered controversy.[21] According to the BBC, the debate about his suitability for a pardon raised "difficult issues, with the arguments on both sides being far-reaching and complex".[31] One individual attacked by Wahlberg when she was a child opposed the pardon, stating that "a racist will always be a racist".[14] Judith Beals, who had been the prosecutor in some of the cases, argued that "Wahlberg has never acknowledged the racial nature of his crimes" and that pardoning Wahlberg would undermine his charity work, saying: "a formal public pardon would highlight all too clearly that if you are white and a movie star, a different standard applies. Is that really what Wahlberg wants?"[32]

In 2016, Wahlberg said he regretted his attempt to obtain a pardon, and his petition was closed after he failed to answer a request from the pardon board as to whether he wanted it to remain open.[28][33]
The victim says "a racist will always be a racist"....... I wonder how she feels about general delinquent shit stains who's mommas are always quoted saying "he was a good boy and just turning his life around".

The lack of legal action taken against Wahlberg on either the state or federal levels is the answer. Whether or not he is prohibited? Nobody in law enforcement seems to give a shit one way or the other. Wahlberg attended and completed firearms training at licensed facilities to prepare him for roles in various action films. He fired real guns with live ammunition, including a 1,000 yard rifle course in Nevada. This is well-documented. Convicted felons went to federal prison for renting guns at licensed indoor ranges and posting photos of themselves online doing so. There is more than enough evidence to successfully prosecute, convict and send Wahlberg to an extended stay at Club Fed if he is, in fact, a prohibited person.

Jesus, it's bad enough he's still best known for Boogie Nights, even if it's an old article.

The man deserves to live that one down, he's made some pretty decent movies since.

Pretty petty for a (edit: thought the victim was 43, they were talking about MM years ago)person to still hold a grudge against a teen that 'turned himself around' and made good.

1. He's a scumbag, always been, always will

1a. Despite his shitty acting, I still watch Shoootah every time it's on. Not sure why. I think I just like Michael Pena. And the dialog is pretty good.

2. F him and his pardon. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. That's Baretta!

3. Despite 1 and 2, if he ISN'T IN JAIL, he should NOT HAVE HIS GUN RIGHTS INFRINGED.

So F him. Give him a Glock and STFU.

Oh,. . .

4. Gonna be hard for a lesbian governor to get all hot and horny over him. He should have tried this back when Jane Swift was in office.

1. He's a scumbag, always been, always will

1a. Despite his shitty acting, I still watch Shoootah every time it's on. Not sure why. I think I just like Michael Pena. And the dialog is pretty good.

2. F him and his pardon. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. That's Baretta!

3. Despite 1 and 2, if he ISN'T IN JAIL, he should NOT HAVE HIS GUN RIGHTS INFRINGED.

So F him. Give him a Glock and STFU.

Oh,. . .

4. Gonna be hard for a lesbian governor to get all hot and horny over him. He should have tried this back when Jane Swift was in office.
Michael Peña was really good in one of the seasons of Narcos, and he was in the latest season of Jack Ryan. Those two things made me realize how versatile he really is as an actor, which is surprising because he’s not the traditional Hollywood tall, square-jawed manimal, but he has more talent than almost all of the recent blank-faced male star hunks.

And marky mark can suck it, but, let him have his gunz.

Regarding 9/11:

View attachment 817351

This is no different. Too much T, HGH, and Winstrol for Marky Mark. Like many Hollywood action heroes, it’s all gone to his massive enlarged forehead and ego. He thinks he’s above the law and should be able to cosplay with AKs and Uzis at his friend’s mansion parties.
IIRC one of the passengers on one of the planes a former special forces soldier, at the time of the attack a security expert, who spoke Arabic and overheard the terrorists discussing their plans. He tried to intervene, only to be taken out by the sleeper who was sitting behind him. I highly doubt that Wahlberg would have fared any better.

The lack of legal action taken against Wahlberg on either the state or federal levels is the answer. Whether or not he is prohibited? Nobody in law enforcement seems to give a shit one way or the other. Wahlberg attended and completed firearms training at licensed facilities to prepare him for roles in various action films. He fired real guns with live ammunition, including a 1,000 yard rifle course in Nevada. This is well-documented. Convicted felons went to federal prison for renting guns at licensed indoor ranges and posting photos of themselves online doing so. There is more than enough evidence to successfully prosecute, convict and send Wahlberg to an extended stay at Club Fed if he is, in fact, a prohibited person.
That depends on federal and state exemptions. I'm pretty sure that MA has an exemption for a convicted felon to possess a gun if it's for the filming of a movie or TV show.

I'll support his pardon after EVERY working guy or girl who did something stupid as a kid gets their pardon. Some rich piece of Hollywood crap should not get any preference over regular people. Not against pardons in general.

according to the Federal judge who just let the 'Diddin do nuffin' off on a felon firearms charge, it's unconstitutional to deny him the right to own a firearm
If he was such a threat he should be in jail. If he isn't in jail then he is not a big threat and should have his right to own a gun.

That depends on federal and state exemptions. I'm pretty sure that MA has an exemption for a convicted felon to possess a gun if it's for the filming of a movie or TV show.
All of his live firearms training took place outside of Massachusetts. He lives in California. His long range rifle training took place in Nevada years ago, to prepare him from an upcoming film role. Real guns and live ammunition. Clock is ticking down. Wahlberg and his illegal possession of firearms and live ammunition are probably beyond the statute of limitations at this point. Slick bastard managed to beat the system!

That would not override federal law.

Same deal for pot, no? They can choose not to prosecute anything they want to choose not to prosecute.

The feds know a losing case when they see one. Or two. Or three. They realize how stupid they'd look slamming a Hollywood actor into the hoosegow over something that silly. Bad career move for any ambitious US Attorney.

Back
Top Bottom