Manchester-by-the-Sea man arrested for stockpiling weapons and ammunition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry but MA residents have done this to themselves. If anyone is surprised that this could happen within the peoples republic of Mass. they have been living in a cave for 15 years.

All I can say is just stay out of our state as we still have a chance.
No you don't - not without our help. Neither do we without your help.

Remember:

Niemoller said:
First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me.

What occurred in MA was a total miscarriage of justice even with the restrictive laws.
This could happen in a court system anywhere the police and judges don't respect the letter of the laws as they written.
They have taken an extreme advantage of this man more than likely because of all the media attention.
They made up the rules on their own to apply here.

We are outraged and we will continue to use this as an example among others through legal channels to demonstrate how law abiding citizens are subjected laws and punishement that real criminals escape.

Not very helpful... [thinking]

Thankfully, we don't live under Sharia Law...

twas a bit tongue in cheek. I promise.

exactly how many of you who live in MA posting in this thread now would be in almost identical shoes if your wife decided she didn't like you anymore?

False. There was recently a case, discussed on this forum about a guy who was charged with carrying a dangerous weapon for having a collapsable baton on his person. The case was dismissed because the law does not state that a collapsable baton is a dangerous weapon.

You are correct. Comm v Perry. The SJC decided the case late last year.

don't forget to stock up on batons!

Batons should be illegal....it's for the children. [rofl]
Baton_team.122115857_std.jpg

Last edited:
twas a bit tongue in cheek. I promise.

exactly how many of you who live in MA posting in this thread now would be in almost identical shoes if your wife decided she didn't like you anymore?

Any man who has ever gone through a divorce in MA would have known what you meant and that it was in fact a joke! Why, because if you are a man you are guilty until proven innocent!

Something that has popped up in the latter half of this thread is that the wife had some nefarious role in some grand conspiracy here. We have ZERO evidence of this. None. Nada. Maybe it's true, but there is a very plausible alternative that's far less tin folio but still very plausible. That she told some friends something who didn't mind their own business and this chief has now run with it in a modern day witch hunt. Keep your minds open that the woman here is as much a victim of hoplophobia as her husband is.

That said, is there any word about how his dangerousness hearing went?

I said the wife was setting him up for a divorce and she is. The restraining order is the first step.

And there you have it... another vindictive soon-to-be ex-wife trading on her husband's good name and freedoms for her own self-gain. As a licensed psychiatrist she knows how to play the game, and is playing dirty. Poor bastard.

DAMN...

I told you she was setting him up for a divorce. The good news is that this has gotten so out of hand that he will probably walk. He will probably be held until the furor dies down and then released.

BTW Where is GOAL?

After all these pages, I'm still not sure what he did wrong. And if he lived 50 miles north, would this thread even exist?

After all these pages, I'm still not sure what he did wrong. And if he lived 50 miles north, would this thread even exist?

Nobody else can figure out what he did wrong either. But his life as he knew it is still over.

I think it is indisputable he showed some poor judgement here and there, but if everyone that ever exercised poor judgement were sent to jail there would be nobody left to guard the damned jail.

Been there,Done it,Doing it!!

Any man who has ever gone through a divorce in MA would have known what you meant and that it was in fact a joke! Why, because if you are a man you are guilty until proven innocent!

While I was not married,and it has been 2 yrs and no less than 27 moddifications to my 209A...There is hope.The other day,I went in to see if the X would try to have the order extended...The Judge concluded that her 209A had to be the most conviluted order he had ever seen,and that it would expire at the end of my probation in a few months..And that I will have no criminal record..A light at the end of the tunnel...Funny how some woman try to abuse the system.I just hope he doesn't give up[rolleyes]

While I was not married,and it has been 2 yrs and no less than 27 moddifications to my 209A...There is hope.The other day,I went in to see if the X would try to have the order extended...The Judge concluded that her 209A had to be the most conviluted order he had ever seen,and that it would expire at the end of my probation in a few months..And that I will have no criminal record..A light at the end of the tunnel...Funny how some woman try to abuse the system.I just hope he doesn't give up[rolleyes]

I don't know your situation, so I won't try to pretend I do. What I CAN tell you, is in my experience working in EMS and dealing with police.....most of the restraining orders are complete BS. They are a tool to hurt the other person. Hell hath no furry like a woman scorned. It is sad for two reasons. First, hurting someone who did nothing wrong. Second, diminishing credibility of those who really need ROs. Basically, people who do this are lower than pond scum and I hope that karma delivers justice to them.

From everything the media has reported, he did nothing wrong. If he lived 50 miles to the north we wouldn't have this thread because New Hampshire doesn't harass citizens who haven't done anything wrong.

From everything the media has reported, he did nothing wrong. If he lived 50 miles to the north we wouldn't have this thread because New Hampshire doesn't harass citizens who haven't done anything wrong.

A lot of this doesn't make sense

- He had a double-edged blade on his boat. If I'm not mistaken, this is popular in the marine community? MA has stupid laws on this because at one point they were "gang associated" and are now illegal.
- I haven't seen anything in the law that is clear about the legality of the smoke grenades
- The illegality of the police batons is completely stupid. Is my broom now illegal too? It can cause the same amount of damage.
- The "extendable batons" also seem like a bunch of BS. Are they ASPs? This was another stupid MA law for "gang associated" weapons.

Well, it does happen (New Boston for instance).

But it isn't "Same Stuff, Different Day" there, at least so far as I can see...

New story on Girard, they've now put the hearing off until tomorrow. Also, note that the story is starting to change, they are still charging him with possession of items which are not illegal to possess, and now we mysteriously have "shell casings" in the attic, ."

Ok...so the guy reloads! Or saves his empty brass from the range for the time he plans to start reloading. Shots were not heard by his neighbors and therefore shell casings in the attic do NOT prove a shot was fired in the attic

Ok...so the guy reloads! Or saves his empty brass from the range for the time he plans to start reloading. Shots were not heard by his neighbors and therefore shell casings in the attic do NOT prove a shot was fired in the attic

Ummm... his wife had her firearms license too... whose brass was this? I would imagine it is his word against hers.

And I hope he heeded the often repeated legal advice... don't say a word to LE... it can and will be used against you.

Well.. it seems likely he actually did use the range, but seeming likely and having proof are two different things. He obviously likes the "equippage" as well as guns (the camo clothing, armor, etc.). Is it SUCH a stretch that he built a range up there, dragged up a used backstop from a regular range and scattered some casings for "effect". In a museum (such as the one in Wellesley/Natick(?) that would be expected. Not saying that's what happened, but if you're going to convict someone it has to be beyond a reasonable doubt and I can EASILY imagine someone doing that.

Also, his philandering wife has an LTC. Do we know SHE didn't use the range? His word against hers.

Also, his philandering wife has an LTC. Do we know SHE didn't use the range? His word against hers.

Yeah, except Its his (Crazy, dangerous as per hearing, "Gun Nut") word against Hers (Doctor of some type, getting a restraining order against this crazy guy, indirectly reported him for his crazy doings) After the media blitz, and the rediculousness of the courts response to him, Who are they going to believe?

I think the history is important. If she suddenly just started to report him being crazy and dangerous RIGHT before the incident, it is obvious this was a setup.

Yeah, you think thats important. But how important will it be to the jury? Think of your typical neighbor, will they think "Hey, this guy seems normal, Ill just ignore the opinions of his wife the doctor, the fact that she got a restraining order because she was afraid of him, the fact that the judge thought he was too dangerous for bail, and all the scary weapons they say he had." Or will they just think, this guy's a crackpot, thats why he's here, and his word means nothing?

Yeah, you think thats important. But how important will it be to the jury? Think of your typical neighbor, will they think "Hey, this guy seems normal, Ill just ignore the opinions of his wife the doctor, the fact that she got a restraining order because she was afraid of him, the fact that the judge thought he was too dangerous for bail, and all the scary weapons they say he had." Or will they just think, this guy's a crackpot, thats why he's here, and his word means nothing?

Well....is it all the result of the wife/"friend" comments? That is what you have to consider. We have no idea why the judge ruled the way he/she did. It could have been a CYA on their part. Is there other independent evidence for/against him?

Yeah, except Its his (Crazy, dangerous as per hearing, "Gun Nut") word against Hers (Doctor of some type, getting a restraining order against this crazy guy, indirectly reported him for his crazy doings) After the media blitz, and the rediculousness of the courts response to him, Who are they going to believe?

Wait, isn't this a circular argument? How can a "dangerousness hearing" use his "dangerousness" as part of the argument?

Wait, isn't this a circular argument? How can a "dangerousness hearing" use his "dangerousness" as part of the argument?

Not what I was saying. Basically, its his word against hers in front of a jury about her use of the range, whos guns they were, why she called the cops, whatever. But due to media blitz and court shennanigans he has been declared "Dangerous", denied bail because of it, she filed a restraining order "Proving" hes a danger to her if they let him off, and so when it comes down to who they believe, I would bet on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom