Manchester-by-the-Sea man arrested for stockpiling weapons and ammunition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be his first time. I seem to remember a thread Tuco started praising Obama's first 6 months in office, or something to that effect. Also, he chimed in on the Fat Teddy Won't Be Down For Breakfast thread to call us all a bunch of jerks for rejoicing in FT's demise. His credibility has been dead to me for a while.

Although he has taught me a valuable lesson: if your rep gets low enough, your rank just displays your forum name.

I didn't know one could get 2 red dots. I wonder if you can get three....

From the Gloucester Times: "two .12-gauge shotguns "

Is that really 12 hundredths gauge? I've never seen anything larger that 4-gauge !

What idiots!? Appartenly the stupid reporters AND editors think that any number that refers to a gun must have a decimal point. We always see ".9mm" but this is the first time I've seen less-than-one gauge.

--

From the same article: " two double-edged knives, which are illegal,"

Already mentioned is the fact that they are illegal to carry not to posess (btw, many who own a bayonet are likely to posess a double-edge knife longer than 1.5".

Besides that, you'd be irresponsible to sail a 40' boat without having a fixed blade knife in a handy sheath on your belt. Sometime only the quick cutting of lines will avoid a sea disaster. Admittedly they are not typically double-edged.

I'm betting bayonet, considering the type rifles we saw in the pictures.

New story on Girard, they've now put the hearing off until tomorrow. Also, note that the story is starting to change, they are still charging him with possession of items which are not illegal to possess, and now we mysteriously have "shell casings" in the attic, yet nobody in the condo ever reported hearing shots.

Also of interest are these quotes from the chief; McKiel, however, also noted that police don't believe Girard "was preparing to attack the community." "He was preparing for domestic and political turmoil," McKiel said. Since when is that a crime or does that make a person dangerous?

http://www.gloucestertimes.com/punews/local_story_045213038.html

MANCHESTER — A dangerousness hearing for the local man who faces a variety of weapons charges and told police last week he was preparing for "Armageddon" is now set for tomorrow after being pushed back from Friday.

Gregory Girard, 45, of 23B Bridge St., was arrested late last Tuesday night after town police were notified by the Boston office of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of a tip that Girard had possession of explosive hand-grenade devices along with a cache of other weapons.

He pleaded not guilty Wednesday to four counts of possession of an infernal device and four counts of possession of a dangerous weapon. He remains held without bail pending his hearing, which was delayed on Friday but is now set for tomorrow in Salem District Court.

Girard is specifically charged with illegally possessing tear gas and explosive pepper ball canisters, along with two police fixed batons and two police expandable batons.

But police who took Girard into custody in a raid on his home also found approximately 20 weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition in the condominium for which Girard was licensed.

There was also a large collection of military camouflage clothing, knives, several pairs of handcuffs, bulletproof vests and helmets, night vision goggles, a large supply of medicine, and six months' worth of food supplies throughout the home.

Plus, police found an approximately 30-foot indoor firing range in his attic, littered with shell casings and bolstered with ballistics backing.

Given that, he was also charged with discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling.

"Mr. Girard indicated he was preparing for 'Armageddon' which he felt was imminent," Manchester Police Chief Glenn McKiel said in a prepared statement. The chief also noted that Girard believed martial law "would soon be imposed," his statement indicated.

"There was a great potential of danger with the amount of firepower he had," McKiel said, adding that Girard had assault rifles and military grade weapons, along with the largest collection of ammunition he has ever seen including armor-piercing bullets.

McKiel, however, also noted that police don't believe Girard "was preparing to attack the community."

"He was preparing for domestic and political turmoil," McKiel said.

The raid on Girard's home came a day after Girard's wife, a psychiatrist, contacted town police to express concern about her husband's increasing paranoia and apparent stockpiling of weapons, according to testimony from prosecutor Honor Segal at Girard's Wednesday arraignment.

Kristine Girard also told police that, while her husband hadn't threatened her, she was afraid to return home after an argument.

She said her husband had recently told her, "Don't talk to people, shoot them instead," and "It's fine to shoot people in the head because traitors deserve it," according to Segal, who read from the police report at the arraignment.

A neighbor of Girard's in the three-unit condo complex told the Times last week that, while she never heard gun shots after moving in last fall, she would hear people moving around late into the night and early morning.

She said that Girard told her once that, if she heard gunshot-like sounds, most likely "he was working on sheet metal with an air gun."

Last edited:
OMG:

"A neighbor of Girard's in the three-unit condo complex told the Times last week that, while she never heard gun shots after moving in last fall, she would hear people moving around late into the night and early morning. "

Now that's a sure sign of mental instability, huh?

And I LOVE this one:

""There was a great potential of danger with the amount of firepower he had," McKiel said, adding that Girard had assault rifles and military grade weapons, along with the largest collection of ammunition he has ever seen including armor-piercing bullets."

I've seen guys with more than this guy had in the back of a pickup truck at the range!

" You're not paranoid if they really are out to get you..."

guns.jpg
photo of his "cache"edit, looks like a Saiga on the right and a shotty with pistol grip on the left
Looks like his collection is mostly junky bolt guns. It's no wonder he had a bunch, he was probably planning on using most of them for parts..

Obligatory Woody Allen quote:

If [STRIKE]he wasn't[/STRIKE] we were not paranoid before this event, [STRIKE]he is[/STRIKE] we should be right now...

Fixed it for ya. Maybe I'm the one being paranoid, but this could be a very ominous foreshadowing to a witch hunt towards those whom feel the need to be self-sufficient during a crisis. The police chiefs, media, politicians, and feds will start pounding the "dangerous survivalist" drums and start cracking down on anyone capable of defending themselves and not having to rely on the government in times of crisis. Those whom keep "beans, bullets, and band-aids" will be "survivalist militia-types", "food horders", etc. (anyone having flashbacks from the Klinton era yet?)

Its hard to "not let a good crisis go to waste" if the people can stand up for themselves during said crisis. It seems in the eyes of our government it the greatest danger is not the terrorist, murder, or gangbanger; it is the private citizen whom can refuse charity and protection and therefor owes no servitude to the system that handing it out, for that is the definition of a dignified FREE citizen.

A neighbor of Girard's in the three-unit condo complex told the Times last week that, while she never heard gun shots after moving in last fall, she would hear people moving around late into the night and early morning.

Remember the old 'Bewitched' series?

"Abner! Abner!" ..'Come look at what the neighbors are doing now!" [angry]

The government spends billions of dollars preparing for civil turmoil (which they themselves create)....why such a problem with an individual doing it for their survival?

Ever hear of the Greenbreir Resort?? Built with OUR tax money and kept secret from the public for four decades. God forbid we peasants prepare for our own survival.

http://www.avhub.net/congressionalhideawaygreenbriar.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Something that has popped up in the latter half of this thread is that the wife had some nefarious role in some grand conspiracy here. We have ZERO evidence of this. None. Nada. Maybe it's true, but there is a very plausible alternative that's far less tin folio but still very plausible. That she told some friends something who didn't mind their own business and this chief has now run with it in a modern day witch hunt. Keep your minds open that the woman here is as much a victim of hoplophobia as her husband is.

That said, is there any word about how his dangerousness hearing went?

The wife opened her mouth to her freind, boyfriend or whatever. When this story comes clean, if it ever does, there will be more than is being said about the wife I am sure. She set the guy up and people that have much of what he has or more may be sympathetic to her, I'm not! This guy hasn't even had his day in court and they are trying to convict him in the media. He made no threats from what I have read and he every reason to beleive that if the SHTF he may be on his own from the past performance of the gubberment. The cops should be out finding crininals instead of taking the easy road and chasing down people that are not a menace. The cops should do their jobs and go to Roxbury, Dorchester, Lawrence, Chelsea and Lynn where the gangs are. Who here does not feel that gangs of criminals that should have been locked up long ago might roam neighborhoods in the event of a major catastrophic event unevaded by law enforcement? The courts have been letting the animals out for years and when and if the time comes, you can be sure they will have ample access to all the items or more than the cops are trying to take from this guy. I would rather see a law abiding citizen toss a tear gas grenade tossed than a molitov cocktail that the animals will make plenty of use of.

This guy is being used as a media stunt by an incompetent law enforcement agency and his rights have been violated, in my opinion, until I hear of a law that he has broken that has not been trumped up by the fear factor they are using to convict him.

Greg Girards website. http://patriotsforamerica.ning.com/profile/GregGirard?xg_source=activity

Very interesting.

He does not sound like a crazy person to me.

Thanks for sharing that because it demostrates that he fears the same thing many people do. We have all watched what happened when Katrina hit. The government is a slow moving and incompetent when it comes to protecting their citizens. They have spend billions preparing for their own well being over the years amd yet deny the average citizen the right of basic preparation for a catastrophic event. How about we take away all the evacutaion plans and laws that protect DC if we ever have one of these events and let the politicians fend for themselves?

The police are concentrating on this guy because they can't control the real crime that happens out there. Specifically gang violence.

Piss poor pathetic IMO. Get these effin asholes of the street first dumasses. So sickly obvious and pathetic.

The simple fact is that proven criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens in this state.

Incorrect spelling is intentional.

Last edited:
The police are concentrating on this guy because they can't control the real crime that happens out there. Specifically gang violence.

Piss poor pathetic IMO. Get these effin asholes of the street first dumasses. So sickly obvious and pathetic.

The simple fact is that proven criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens in this state.

Incorrect spelling is intentional.

yep...we have a winner folks! At least the moonbats can't say that this guy is a poor under-privileged yoot who was just getting his life together [rolleyes] Nah, for them, he will make the perfect poster boy and Tukoblg will have a clear path to his girlfriend [sad2]

Its propably has the lowest crime rate of any Town around, wealthy area, small PD. I believe in the last few yrs it was listed as the highest income per capita in the Country, dont quote me im to tired to google right now. J Severin lives there, and a few other celebs its not someplace that has much for the PD to do.

Last edited:
I don't get what's going on here. More to the story that we're not hearing?

I agree. There seems to be more going on however from what is written I dont see what the problem is. Nothing illegal that I can see from simply "stockpiling weapons" and ammo. What the hell is wrong with that? [thinking]

however there may be something else going on. I would say the problem is when the "sheeple" read things like this they automatically say, "oh my gosh....... what was he doing? that has to be illegal and he should go to jail." without even knowing that there is nothing wrong with stockpiling weapons as long as they are legally attained.

Rob

This is all supposition and pettifoggery, but . . .

Greg and Kristine married some time back and led professional, slightly moonbattish lives. Greg started to wake up a year or so ago, perhaps with last year's tea parties, perhaps before that. He started looking into things and came to the right or wrong conclusion that things are not right with the world. He creates a web site that preaches his thoughts, which if not terribly well expressed don't seem insane to me, buys various guns and mouths off. Not unlike many here [laugh]. Kristine is not comfortable with this change in world view and perhaps seeks a boyfriend. (no girlfriend - her facebook page makes it clear she likes guys). The boyfriend (or even a well intentioned moonbat co-worker) calls in this "threat" and things snowball.

In the end, virtually nothing he has "done" is illegal and anything "questionably" legal is perfectly fine 30 miles or so north. If he DID manage to break a law it wasn't one that related to actually harming someone but perhaps not having the appropriate papers. I specifically thinking of the alleged silencers here, which on the basis of the information so far might be nothing more than a soda can.

He comes across in his website as someone passionate about "right and wrong" and perhaps stuck in a marriage with a partner that does not share his beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom