• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man found with large-capacity firearms, ammunition William Walker, 45, jailed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is that they can't do this due to the courts. The courts and their lawyers allow these woman to make these false accusations (really lies) without so much as taking an oath to its validity. Once again in this F'ed up state you are guilty unless proven otherwise but don't forget the court looks the other way when proven it was "otherwise".

I think you missed my point. I'm not talking about not serving the 209A I'm talking about all the other shit that got drummed up afterwards.

They can do whatever they want, and the example I posited still "takes the guns away" and enforces the order, which was the primary thrust of the whole thing to begin with- the 209A. Anything beyond that is adventurism by some LEO trying to make a name for himself by piling up some charges on some guy.

-Mike

I think you missed my point. I'm not talking about not serving the 209A I'm talking about all the other shit that got drummed up afterwards.

They can do whatever they want, and the example I posited still "takes the guns away" and enforces the order, which was the primary thrust of the whole thing to begin with- the 209A. Anything beyond that is adventurism by some LEO trying to make a name for himself by piling up some charges on some guy.

-Mike

I did miss that point. Yes the other charges are total horse shit and were needless. Some cops have this never ending need to rub one out on a guy however from my extremely limited knowledge charges typically come from above. It doesn't change the fact the ex was/is a douche

Some clarifications here:

- Cops merely make an arrest.
- DA in discussion with cops and reports bring the charges forward.
- He's arraigned in front of a judge the same or next business day after arrest. DA and his lawyer make their cases for bail, no bail or how much bail (flight risk). Cop doesn't have anything to do with how much bail or if held with no bail.
- The cops weren't told to "go arrest a guy", they responded to a call for service, followed up and upon discovering what they did made the arrest. To you I'm sure it is all the same but in reality there were numerous things in play here. No doubt there was some domestic disturbance that brought them there in the first place. Whether violent or fabricated we don't know and will never know.
- IIRC some years ago they (DAs and judiciary) decided that any crime (except gang members) involving guns is so evil that they will hold a person without bail (in almost all cases), send them for a psych exam (must be crazy to have guns) and only after all that will they hold the "dangerousness" hearing to decide if he'll ever be released prior to conviction.
- Failure to take action with a 209A would result in criminal charges against the cops, they can't just walk away from it. You obviously could never be one and it isn't for everyone. There are many aspects of police work that I can't agree with and am glad that I'm out of that game.

The only precedent possible here is for a stronger assault weapon case law. I don't see any way out of this mess for him. A plea bargain and PP status is all that he might get away with, otherwise he could be sent away for 20-40 yrs if the DA gets a hair across his ass and wants this guy's hide.

I understand. It's the bolded part above I am talking about. What would happen if every cop quit before making an arrest in a case like this? We all know the quote, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Here, all it takes for evil to persist is for good men to follow the rules and to take a job that requires them to do so.

The Lautenberg Amendment is pandering ridiculousness. As you've noted, free states have to deal with this too. The idea that a restraining order, handed out to just about anyone in a domestic dispute who asks, should be the basis for denying natural and constitutional rights, is unacceptable. Add in the Mass LTC system, AWB, etc., and you get what we (seem to) have here. A guy is going through hell for nothing. And it all wouldn't happen without the police just following the rules and doing their jobs.

I know the police answer is that they don't pass the laws, and we shouldn't expect them (or want them) to decide which laws to enforce. Yet, that construction is self serving to the police who nonetheless enforce these evil laws. Why? Because there is a choice involved, and that choice is to be a cop in the first place. I'm questioning that choice in a country with laws as bad as ours. All of the voting in the world won't produce a police state unless men choose to be police. And that choice is on them. They are not just doing a job. They are enabling evil.

When that clown Lautenberg got his grandstanding success, there was no chance of him and bunch of like minded senators going to take away guns. The same goes for the voters who elect these people. So much of democracy is just high school level emotional vanity and silly posturing. What makes it matter are men willing to go out and turn the myriad bad laws into reality. Without these cops and DAs, jailers and judges, none of it would matter.

Root cause of the problem right there. Cops should be questioning these orders and not enforcing them if they think they are bogus. The courts and lawmakers passing dubious standards does not and should not allow police to "just enforce the law". That's bullshit.

When you're the guy enforcing something in a way that denies a citizen rights, you damn well better personally believe the allegations at hand and do your own research before confiscating anything. This is no different than retard cops executing no knock raids without even knowing who lives there.

There's an easy way the cops could have been "2/3rds nice". Go to the house, serve the 209A, take the guns, throw them in evidence; but it ends there; no charges. Then the guy if he cleaned his shit up, gets a license, could get his guns back, etc. I'm going to make a WAG though that the political tenor at that PD did not allow for that to happen, though.

-Mike

The guy is in jail, no bail. Where's the victim? Or is this guy just guilty of living in Mass with a litigious spouse?

As for blaming the cops, and earlier posted concern for their careers and pensions, I'll surprise nobody by not giving a damn about their careers or pensions. If you told me to go arrest a guy and hold him without bail for the nonsense crime of owning guns or having a pissed off wife with a lawyer, I would quit. You don't do something that's wrong and explain yourself by (bizarrely) claiming it's OK because you are paid to do it.

If the guy hurt someone or even threatened them I'll be a bit more understanding. Show me the victim.

I did miss that point. Yes the other charges are total horse shit and were needless. Some cops have this never ending need to rub one out on a guy however from my extremely limited knowledge charges typically come from above. It doesn't change the fact the ex was/is a douche

With all this said, GPP, how would you have handled this case?

I'd like not to be lumped in with cop haters. I know many who are great guys and are friends. Yes friends who do friend things not just a guy in a cop car who I know his name. Are their idiots in that profession? Yes. Just like idiot truck drivers and equipment operators. Hell, I fired a carpenter Monday for being lazy but was smart enough to have his replacement in place and on board before his tools were delivered to his house.

GPP would have followed orders if he still wanted his pension and job. He's just following orders.

But far be it for me to put words in his mouth. Let him say it himself.

ETA: GPP's posts show that he is one of the good guys. The problem is that the good guys keep doing bad things because they have to to keep their jobs. A death by a thousand cuts. And I'm not cop hater. Plenty of good guys are cops who are totally shackled because of the society we live in.

Last edited:
"Andrea Hardy Lovett Thank you SPD. I don't believe that unlicensed weapons are part of a "well-regulated militia"!!"

Dear God in heaven. I nearly broke my forehead on my keyboard.

I give up. Some people are beyond ignant WRT civil rights, constitutional rights. C U Next Tuesday Andrea

Agreed in general. But for it to reach this level, it usually takes two. The contributing azzhole factor is typically high in both. He's 45. For his wife to have a restraining order and dropping the dime on him, she went nuclear and his life is effectively ruined. Don't be an azzhole and these things usually don't happen.
One does not necessarily need to be an azz hat to have the wife go full retard.

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

I believe the wife handed over the job box with the guns. Search warrants are not usually needed in a 209A since there is often a family member very willing to grant access.

A 209A on a person illegally possessing guns presents an interesting constitutional question. The subject is ordered to admit to possession of any guns, including illegal ones, with a penalty for non compliance - thus forcing someone possessing guns without a license to testify against him/her self by disclosing the guns to the police.

Stop. Just stop.

GPP would have followed orders if he still wanted his pension and job. He's just following orders.

But far be it for me to put words in his mouth. Let him say it himself.

ETA: GPP's posts show that he is one of the good guys. The problem is that the good guys keep doing bad things because they have to to keep their jobs. A death by a thousand cuts. And I'm not cop hater. Plenty of good guys are cops who are totally shackled because of the society we live in.

Hey, you can ****ing eat an entire bag of ****ing dicks cocksmooch.

Dont ****ing tell me what the **** I would have or wouldnt have done because of my ****ing pension.

If it was up to me personally? I would have grabbed them and held them until the guy got his LTC. How do I know this? Because Ive done it several ****ing times already, one of them was for a swat callout for a barricaded subject; the gun in question was a WW2 bringback, belonging to his father. After all was said and done, the very next day I turned the gun over to a family friend with an LTC, then gave the barricaded subjects wife a free BFS course and certificate, helped her get her LTC in Dedham, and made sure the gun stayed in the family.
Go **** yourself.

Hey, you can ****ing eat an entire bag of ****ing dicks cocksmooch.

Dont ****ing tell me what the **** I would have or wouldnt have done because of my ****ing pension.

If it was up to me personally? I would have grabbed them and held them until the guy got his LTC. How do I know this? Because Ive done it several ****ing times already, one of them was for a swat callout for a barricaded subject; the gun in question was a WW2 bringback, belonging to his father. After all was said and done, the very next day I turned the gun over to a family friend with an LTC, then gave the barricaded subjects wife a free BFS course and certificate, helped her get her LTC in Dedham, and made sure the gun stayed in the family.
Go **** yourself.

Yep that just happened ! click boom

[video=youtube_share;IxAKFlpdcfc]http://youtu.be/IxAKFlpdcfc[/video]

I got my LTC before i started to buy guns. Follow the law.
Lawdy, lawdy......keep licking them boots.

What if I told you that I grew up in free America, have fired guns since I was three years old, was given my first rifle by the time I was nine and stored that rifle and ammunition in my room without locking anything up, but nothing ever happened? My 13 year old nephew has a better gun collection than many adults and routinely carries a handgun on the farm he works on, but nothing has ever happened.

But yeah, follow them laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom