Man arrested at BU trying to carry guns into graduation ceremony

I attended college graduations before, including two of my own (Bachelor's over 30 years ago and MBA over 25 years ago). I did not feel the need to go armed, even though back in those pre-September 11 days there were no metal detectors and random searches. Could not this clown have just respected the joyous day of his family member (the young woman who was graduating from BU) and have avoided committing crimes that put his and his wife's future in jeopardy, not to mention ruining what should have been a joyous day for the young lady? And you defend him? The judge was right. I am glad to see him incarcerated, his LTC having grown wings and flown off forever and the mall-ninja being psychoanalyzed. I see people like him as a threat to lawful gun ownership in this country. Look at it this way: it only took a few psychos in the UK and Australia to have draconian gun-bans passed in those countries. If you do not believe me, do a bit of Google-searching. You will quickly see what I am talking about!

Holy shit......[puke2]

This whole thread has gone full retard.

There's so much we don't know about what happened that all this name calling is silly.

BU heavily promoted the tight security restrictions for this event. I've been to a ton of graduations that never had any kind of security check. This is not nearly the same thing as someone forgetting about carrying while stumbling onto a college campus accidentally. It's much closer to going through Logan airport.

We just don't have a damn clue if this guy got pinched by some overzealous rent-a-cop as he turned around before reaching security or if he attempted to bypass part of the security, claimed he had already been checked, and then tried to get away when he got caught all the while mumbling about shooting the governor. I'm not ready to send money to his defense team nor am I prepared to throw him under the bus until we know what the hell went down.

I think the $100K bail is related to the threats he made "to shoot teachers" as a juvenile. Looking back on the shooting spree in Arizona, how many times did you read that the offender showed anti-social behavior in school? When you asked in an earlier post whether his wife would have been treated the same had the guns been detected on her, I think the answer is "yes" except when it comes to the extremely high bail. I believe the high bail is directly related to his HS comments.

I'm waiting for a manifesto before I get on board with that. Said it before but obviously it's juvenile or no conviction because they would be spewing more about it. But I suspect it had to make it into a court system for that information to be gathered so quickly.

Maybe obey the restrictions (if any) on your LTC and check the laws before walking around with weapons that just might get you jailed? A little research goes a long way. This guy was stupid. If people on this forum want to defend stupidity, fine. The end result will be a complete loss of private firearms ownership in this state. This guy is almost 30 years old and married man. Time to grow up! Clowns like him endanger the firearms rights of us all.

Are you saying that you look into the local laws for every town you may pass through wrt weapons? And then follow all of them?

Not all towns have their laws easily accessible. I know that from looking into bylaws pertaining to hunting and discharge of firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I attended college graduations before, including two of my own (Bachelor's over 30 years ago and MBA over 25 years ago). I did not feel the need to go armed,

Did not feel the need? Or were not allowed? You just stated you have a shall issue FID.

I don't actually know when or where the need to go armed will arise. I hope it never does, but I carry protection every single day in one form or another.

Did it state anywhere how he arrived in Boston? I usually take the T. I understand that certain places are off limits to me when I go into Boston as I cannot 'lock it in the car for a bit'. That goes for anywhere I go when carrying.

Show me the last school shooting that resulted in fatalities when the perp was armed only with pepper spray! (LOL!)

Still a prohibited item. Since it falls under ammo laws, it could be a felony but I am not sure. I think it is a bogus law, but you are condoning your girlfriend carry protection, but condemning this guy for the same thing; carrying protection.

Last edited:
Are you saying that you look into the local laws for every town you may pass through wrt weapons? And then follow all of them?

True, but irrelevant in this case. MGL 269-10(j), and the penalty for violation of restriction are basic points that would be covered by even a semi-competent instructor for the state mandated course.

I think the $100K bail is related to the threats he made "to shoot teachers" as a juvenile. Looking back on the shooting spree in Arizona, how many times did you read that the offender showed anti-social behavior in school? When you asked in an earlier post whether his wife would have been treated the same had the guns been detected on her, I think the answer is "yes" except when it comes to the extremely high bail. I believe the high bail is directly related to his HS comments.

Wait, how old is he? I thought he was an adult, in order to have an LTC. Now I am totally confused.

Wait, how old is he? I thought he was an adult, in order to have an LTC. Now I am totally confused.

The media has been bringing up an allegation that was deemed unfounded from like a decade ago. With how corrupt our judicial system is, the suggestion is that maybe the 'reason' for the asinine 100k bail is because someone alleged he threatened a teacher decades ago.

The media has been bringing up an allegation that was deemed unfounded from like a decade ago. With how corrupt our judicial system is, the suggestion is that maybe the 'reason' for the asinine 100k bail is because someone alleged he threatened a teacher decades ago.

Our entire school bus used to sing songs about hanging and shooting teachers. That was 40 years ago. Good grief!

Sad ain't it. Today, that would probably land the kids and their parents in jail...

The thing is, back then it never came to mind that anyone would actually DO it. We all (kids, bus drivers, teachers, parents) knew that it was just a song. In any event, people need to just start living like they should, and stop with the idiotic "political correctness". That is the entire problem. Everyone knows right from wrong, but now people are pretending they don't, and teaching the kids without cluing them in on that. Therefore, kids can't discern the difference. I think some of it has to do with less people going to church or something, maybe. I really don't know anymore, but am trying to bring my kids up the same way I was brought up. Don't hit girls; hold doors for everyone, especially ladies, the elderly, and kids; say "excuse me" when you sneeze; say "God bless you" when someone else sneezes; look people in the eye when you talk to them or shake their hand; call adults Mr. so and so, not their first name; etc. etc.

Last edited:
The thing is, back then it never came to mind that anyone would actually DO it. We all (kids, bus drivers, teachers, parents) knew that it was just a song.

It's called the pussification of America. It wasn't this way when I was in school either...and that was a bit less than 40 years ago!

Our entire school bus used to sing songs about hanging and shooting teachers. That was 40 years ago. Good grief!

Awesome comment. Brings back lots of memories and oh goodness I had forgot all about this. Every bus trip in GRADESCHOOL we sang "100 bottles of beer on the wall" and some song about shooting teachers we didn't like.....and sometimes the teachers were ON THE BUS with us. The only line I remember from the "shooting song" now, all these years later, is: "take her in the attic, with a German automatic...." and I don't think any of us even knew what it meant! We knew it meant a gun, but what the hell was a German automatic when you were eleven years old?!!? We were just going along with the singing. It was all fun. No-one got shot. The teachers took it in stride and I remember one in particular who was laughing her butt off when we got to the "take her in the attic" line. She was so frazzled about us wanting to "shoot" her that for the next verse she made us name the bus driver as our next victim.

This was on a field trip, early 1980s.

I'm so glad I was in gradeschool when I was, and not now. Great memories. Thanks for posting this. You just made it 1982 for me, for about 45 seconds. [thumbsup]

I attended college graduations before, including two of my own (Bachelor's over 30 years ago and MBA over 25 years ago). I did not feel the need to go armed, even though back in those pre-September 11 days there were no metal detectors and random searches. Could not this clown have just respected the joyous day of his family member (the young woman who was graduating from BU) and have avoided committing crimes that put his and his wife's future in jeopardy, not to mention ruining what should have been a joyous day for the young lady? And you defend him? The judge was right. I am glad to see him incarcerated, his LTC having grown wings and flown off forever and the mall-ninja being psychoanalyzed. I see people like him as a threat to lawful gun ownership in this country. Look at it this way: it only took a few psychos in the UK and Australia to have draconian gun-bans passed in those countries. If you do not believe me, do a bit of Google-searching. You will quickly see what I am talking about!

Your statements sadden me. Just because you do not "feel" the need to carry at xyz location or event does not negate the rights of others to do so. You seem ok to break the law when it suites YOU! Yet are pompous enough to look down at others when they do it.
How dare a madman enter a school to harm innocent kids. He should respect the joyous event of children learning and bonding.
They should respect the law and not bring a gun onto school grounds. They should obey the law not to murder someone. Yet these things happen and THAT is why I carry. Dammed what you think or feel I should be doing

True, but irrelevant in this case. MGL 269-10(j), and the penalty for violation of restriction are basic points that would be covered by even a semi-competent instructor for the state mandated course.

I understand that, it was more directed at his comment regarding 'he also carried a knife which had a blade longer than the legal limit under Boston's anti-knife law', which added to his reasons for calling the defendant a moron.

Last edited:
Your statements sadden me. Just because you do not "feel" the need to carry at xyz location or event does not negate the rights of others to do so. You seem ok to break the law when it suites YOU! Yet are pompous enough to look down at others when they do it.
How dare a madman enter a school to harm innocent kids. He should respect the joyous event of children learning and bonding.
They should respect the law and not bring a gun onto school grounds. They should obey the law not to murder someone. Yet these things happen and THAT is why I carry. Dammed what you think or feel I should be doing

WOW just WOW...I don't see how you came to the conclusion you did reading TOM1960's post. I don't agree about licensure, there should be none, but you either have had too many beers or you need to have a few. Madmen in schools?

You carry someplace where you shouldn't and get caught: PSGWSP...it's your life, your choice and your stupidity...and you can become yet another poster child for the Brady Bunch and the Million Moms as to why we need MORE gun control and not less, that's the thrust of Tom's argument, don't know if I totally buy it but it has worked in some states and in some countries, but you told him grandly You Red Blooded Son of Liberty, but let's see you go open carry in a Post Office and put your money where your mouth is...no, I don't think you will...[wink]

WOW just WOW...I don't see how you came to the conclusion you did reading TOM1960's post. I don't agree about licensure, there should be none, but you either have had too many beers or you need to have a few. Madmen in schools?

You carry someplace where you shouldn't and get caught: PSGWSP...it's your life, your choice and your stupidity...and you can become yet another poster child for the Brady Bunch and the Million Moms as to why we need MORE gun control and not less, that's the thrust of Tom's argument, don't know if I totally buy it but it has worked in some states and in some countries, but you told him grandly You Red Blooded Son of Liberty, but let's see you go open carry in a Post Office and put your money where your mouth is...no, I don't think you will...[wink]

You read into my post wrong. My statement of madmen in a school relates to Newtown. Which I bring up because of his statement about going somewhere and not FEELING the need to carry. I bring up laws about murder because even though it's wrong it still happens.
I do not carry on school grounds because I understand the outcome. That doesn't mean I agree with the law. My point of carrying is stated because even though he feels it is not needed at xyz location and or event does not negate the risks I feel could be present.

You read into my post wrong. My statement of madmen in a school relates to Newtown. Which I bring up because of his statement about going somewhere and not FEELING the need to carry. I bring up laws about murder because even though it's wrong it still happens.
I do not carry on school grounds because I understand the outcome. That doesn't mean I agree with the law. My point of carrying is stated because even though he feels it is not needed at xyz location and or event does not negate the risks I feel could be present.
yet you acknowledge that you do not carry on school grounds. So you would either have gone to the graduation with no gun, because it's important enough to celebrate someone else's special day, or you don't go, because you can't carry. I think that's what Tom and Mark are getting at ( if I'm wrong, sorry).

I guess I see something in tom1960's post others do not I'm ok with that.
Just because I do not carry on school grounds doesn't mean I would look down on someone who did. I am looking at this on his feelings not the word of law.

Last edited:
I guess I see something in tom1960's post others do not I'm ok with that.
Just because I do not carry on school grounds doesn't mean I would look down on someone who did. I am looking at this on his feelings not the word of law.

No, you are not the only one. I thought your original post was spot on as it related to TOM1960.

I second that. I don't have a need to go on school grounds any more, and when I did it was only minutes from my house. I could stop at home and either leave my gun there or secure it in the trunk for after.

I have refused to go to a few events for family and friends where I was specifically asked if I would be carrying. I wasn't told I couldn't, but the insinuation was there.

I also refused to attend a training seminar in Boston this winter. It was held at the O'Neill federal building. I went to one a year ago and said never again will I take the T into Boston if I cannot carry.

This poor slob is going to be the poster child for the next reaming we get.

It also provides proof of why I get nervous whenever a cop rolls up behind me. The PC threshold is entirely subjective and the cops are pros. They know the right words to use to justify PC and search you up. Our freedom is entirely at the discretion of the thin blue line. That is scary.

but let's see you go open carry in a Post Office and put your money where your mouth is...no, I don't think you will...[wink]

Why would someone open carry in a post office? Did this guy try to open carry on school property - nope. If your challenge was to concealed carry into a post office, that would be more appropriate. However, anyone who does it is not going to be blabbing about it on the internet.

This thread is epic! Does anyone actually remember the facts of this guy's situation? I haven't seen any new facts since day 1.

I go on school grounds twice a week minimum and it would be very easy for me to make a mistake. So far I have been very diligent but I can easily see a situation where I make a mistake. From the sounds of it half the people in this thread think the book should be thrown at me if I do.

I might even go as far as an epic out yourself thread. Sad to see so many members willing to throw their brothers and sisters under the bus so fast

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom