• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man arrested at BU trying to carry guns into graduation ceremony

Is this guy still in jail?

I searched online a few days ago, as of then I did not see any pieces about his release. So I think he's still in there. If they still have that idiot lawyer, he probably has him staying in there for a mental health evaluation for the not guilty by mental defect defense. [crying]

This could go from bad to worse if his dips*it lawyer pushes the "crazy" defense. Might get his ass shipped down to Bridgewater for 30 days !

Kinda sad the so called gun lobbies don't get behind these cases. If they sprung him from jail and got the kid a decent lawyer might be more willing to pay dues to an outfit that actually helps people after getting jammed up.

This could go from bad to worse if his dips*it lawyer pushes the "crazy" defense. Might get his ass shipped down to Bridgewater for 30 days !

Kinda sad the so called gun lobbies don't get behind these cases. If they sprung him from jail and got the kid a decent lawyer might be more willing to pay dues to an outfit that actually helps people after getting jammed up.
Is it actually the lawyer that pushes the " crazy" defense? I don't know the attorney, but I do know how they go about their business. It's possible that he may indeed be a dipshit, but if his client is allowing that to happen, then he is a dipshit too.

Is it actually the lawyer that pushes the " crazy" defense? I don't know the attorney, but I do know how they go about their business. It's possible that he may indeed be a dipshit, but if his client is allowing that to happen, then he is a dipshit too.

Attorneys have wide latitude in determining strategy, but major decisions like whether or not to claim you're insane have to be discussed with the client.

As obie said, the client has the ultimate say but some are very trusting of their lawyers and might not understand the long term consequences. Also, the lawyer said he wanted a mental evaluation of his client at the arraignment. He probably spoke to his client for 15 min or 30 min before the arraignment.

The lawyer is a moron, especially for bringing it up in open court at the arraignment where it gets tv coverage. Even if he wanted to ask, do it at the next pre trial conference of in a motion filed after this very public hearing. But the lawyer is a boob.

Last edited:
I was being sarcastic, sorry. Even if that attorney only got 15-30 minutes to speak with him, they would have discussed that initial strategy, which would have included that mental eval. I don't agree with the whole not understanding the long term consequences. The guy is 29, part of that generation that thinks you just do something wrong and/ or stupid, and get to press the re spawn button and start over. Maybe this will help the guy learn to think of the second and third order effects of his actions.

A day or two after his arrest, there was a blurb in the news that Andrea Massa had passed his mental health screening. If he's still in jail, most likely it's because he hasn't been able to make bail. For all we know, he could be back to his regular routine with the added attraction of electronic ankle bracelet.
Best regards.

One guy at the gun law meetings today asked how he is supposed to know, with all the properties a college owns, if he crossed through or is on a college owned piece of property. He asked them if they could have some really big signs to notify a gun owner they shouldn't be there. He got no reply.

might be what their trying to do.

wait out the media attention until things quiet down and hopefully do some serious damage control.

although the heavy handed tactics of the arrest , high bail and psych eval ain't gonna help matters

Now I expect to hear about what he was wearing. Did he have a tactical flashlight? Attempted to escape and dispose of evidence. That is pretty severe. And most importantly I expect to hear what kind of documented trouble did he get into as a juvenile.

Oh wait! EBT cardholder? FSA member? Please come with me sir. You can go thru this door....

Seriously we all know this situation will be handled in a completely different manner than the legally owned firearm incident at BU a few short weeks ago.

A judge set bail at $15,000 today at Alvarez's arraignment on two counts each of unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, and carrying a loaded firearm, and a single count each of resisting arrest and receiving stolen property, the Suffolk County Distrtict Attorney's office reports. Should he make bail, he'll have to wear a GPS monitor and abide by a curfew pending the outcome of his case.

But the licensed BU guy gets locked up for a mental evaluation and 100k bail for two legally owned guns. This unlicensed thug carries 2 stolen guns and only gets 15k.

Back
Top Bottom