• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Man arrested at BU trying to carry guns into graduation ceremony

DW357

NES Member
Last edited:
If proper procedures were followed, the would have been an individual without an LTC as a 269-10j violation for an LTC holder is a citable, not an arrestable, offense.

Deval was the speaker. Makes it fitting that a legal gun owner was arrested. God I hate that man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It appears he was trying to leave when he saw signs for no guns. Where was this event held? Also, one of the links, that is now gone, mentioned two charges. What were they?

Just yesterday someone on these boards asked about the ability to carry at the Worcester Centrum for a college graduation. Not on school grounds, but a building rented by the school. The State is still in Shelter In Place mode I guess.

The Marshfield resident was approaching a check point on Harry Agganis Way when he was stopped.

So they now stop and frisk/arrest PRIOR to reaching a check point? I guess they don't allow anyone to turn around and leave any more, just like TSA?

------------------------

Now, about yesterday's thread wrt carrying at the DCU for the WPI graduation?

Anyone want to re-think their position on that one? I stand by what I stated in that thread, the likelihood of getting a break if outed is between slim and none and slim just left town.

It appears he was trying to leave when he saw signs for no guns. Where was this event held? Also, one of the links, that is now gone, mentioned two charges. What were they?

I thought it said "Carrying on school grounds" and something along the lines of disturbing the peace

Just yesterday someone on these boards asked about the ability to carry at the Worcester Centrum for a college graduation. Not on school grounds, but a building rented by the school. The State is still in Shelter In Place mode I guess.

The difference here is that he appears (from these half-assed articles so far) that he was ON B.U. property. It's still not arrestable absent any other issues that may come to light.

So they now stop and frisk/arrest PRIOR to reaching a check point? I guess they don't allow anyone to turn around and leave any more, just like TSA?

Yeah, it looks a lot like someone spotted him looking to leave after he saw signs. This is insane policy to put up signs and then when people follow the signs, **** them over.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it said "Carrying on school grounds" and something along the lines of disturbing the peace

Yeah, if BU's graduation was at their stadium, then that is the bigger problem.

ETA: It was at Nickerson field which is BU.

My bad just added the link and the charges to the original post.

Massa was arrested and charged with carrying weapons on the school's campus and causing a disturbance.

Here's the thing with the check point. The ceremony is held at Nickerson Field. The check point to get into the stadium area is on Harry Agganis Way, which is a public street. If he was stopped prior to the checkpoint, then he was not stopped on university property.

Here's the thing with the check point. The ceremony is held at Nickerson Field. The check point to get into the stadium area is on Harry Agganis Way, which is a public street. If he was stopped prior to the checkpoint, then he was not stopped on university property.

Good. He is clear. If anyone knows him, tell him to tell his lawyer this.

My bad just added the link and the charges to the original post.

Massa was arrested and charged with carrying weapons on the school's campus and causing a disturbance.

I saw this. How was he causing a disturbance? Because people got all uppity when he was being arrested for exercising his rights?

Yeah, it looks a lot like someone spotted him looking to leave after he saw signs. This is insane policy to put up signs and then when people follow the signs, **** them over.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, if BU's graduation was at their stadium, then that is the bigger problem.

ETA: It was at Nickerson field which is BU.

From the earlier post:

BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) -- A Marshfield man was arrested Sunday afternoon after he tried to get into Boston University's commencement with two handguns.

The incident happened at around 1 p.m., the time commencement was scheduled to begin. The man, 28-year-old Andrew Massa, was stopped at a security checkpoint, Colin Riley, a spokesman for the university said. No threats were made to anyone at the ceremony, Riley said.

Governor Deval Patrick was the university's commencement speaker.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/25...y-guns-into-graduation-ceremony#ixzz326i8FuN1

Good. He is clear. If anyone knows him, tell him to tell his lawyer this.

It's not that clear. If BU owns all of the property on both sides of street, maintains the street/sidewalks, etc... The courts will look at it as their jurisdiction. I'll try to find the cases for it. I know they exist, and am fairly sure they were appellate cases.

Back
Top Bottom