Maine CCW wait time

Update:

I sent mine on on June 15. They cashed the check on September 18th. Issued on Jan 17th, received in the mail on the 23rd. That is 217 days to process.

Jim

I sent my non resident app in on 1/7/14 and received the permit on 2/7/14. The permit was dated 2/3, so it was less than 1 month. They are doing a great job IMO.

I sent my non resident app in on 1/7/14 and received the permit on 2/7/14. The permit was dated 2/3, so it was less than 1 month. They are doing a great job IMO.

Wow. I sent in my non resident app on Dec. 1, they signed for it the morning of Dec. 2, and I am still waiting for it to be processed.. Tried calling the # listed on their website just to ask what the wait-time for non-res is (they currently list 45-60 days, but don't say if that's for resident or non resident) but I can't get through to anybody.

Guess I'll continue with the waiting game..

Update-2/19: Called today and somebody actually answered the phone! Said all the paperwork was in order, but they had an issue running one of the background checks. Sounds like somebody mistyped my name when running it.. They'll re-run ASAP and said to call back in a few days..

Last edited:
Any new news on wait times?? I am FINALLY doing my non res with Maine this year, because we spend a lot of time there in the summer.

Just curious if anyone has recent experience with wait times, etc.

Any new news on wait times?? I am FINALLY doing my non res with Maine this year, because we spend a lot of time there in the summer.

Just curious if anyone has recent experience with wait times, etc.

I sent my application on January 29, 2014, the check was cashed on February 6, 2014, license issued March 6, 2014 and it came in the mail today March 10, 2014. I'm in Massachusetts not that it makes a difference.

New resident, took 2 weeks. My 214 and prior state CCW were all that they required for proof of training/competency. Actually either one...

^^^ Does your town issue them, or did you have to go through SP Augusta?

I've lived in two different towns since I moved here in '93, and I always got mine pretty quickly when it was the selectmen or town administrator signing them, but my present town no longer handles it. Last year, the process through Augusta kinda dragged.

Wow. I sent in my non resident app on Dec. 1, they signed for it the morning of Dec. 2, and I am still waiting for it to be processed.. Tried calling the # listed on their website just to ask what the wait-time for non-res is (they currently list 45-60 days, but don't say if that's for resident or non resident) but I can't get through to anybody.

Guess I'll continue with the waiting game..

Update-2/19: Called today and somebody actually answered the phone! Said all the paperwork was in order, but they had an issue running one of the background checks. Sounds like somebody mistyped my name when running it.. They'll re-run ASAP and said to call back in a few days..

Did you ever receive it and if so when?

Trying to get a sense of wait time?

Thx

I sent my first-time non-resident application on 2/5, check was cashed on 2/21, and I received my non-resident permit on 4/4. So about 2 months total.

I sent my first-time non-resident application on 2/5, check was cashed on 2/21, and I received my non-resident permit on 4/4. So about 2 months total.

I sent mine on 2/23. Check cashed on 3/3. Still waiting. I hope I get it before I open the camp.

Thanks for the update.

Paperwork received by State Police on 2/25/2014

Check cashed on 3/3.

Non-resident permit issued on 4/2/2014 and received on 4/5/2014.

Did you ever receive it and if so when?

Trying to get a sense of wait time?

Thx

It came in the mail last week, though I was out of town. Appears to have been issued on 4/6- check has not been cashed.

I called about three weeks ago and was told that they were having issues getting an all clear from the town I am currently living in. Sure glad that its finally here.. Planning my annual trip up to Maine for May/June, and will be happy to take my G19.

Last edited:
Non-resident.
Paperwork mailed 3/17/14.
Check cashed 4/3/14.
Issued 4/17/14.
Received 4/24/14.

So it turns out, issue date came exactly 30 days after mailed, half the time required by law to be issued. Well done.

Last edited:
That is good news. I was late in getting mine out. I mailed it today and it runs out at the end of the month. I will have to go with out for about 2 weeks it looks like

Application received by the MSP on June 18th. Checked cashed on June 27th. Permit received in the mail July 17. Not bad at all.

Received a call from them a few days ago. They thought I had forgotten to enclose the check and my photo. Lady was very nice and checked again as I knew I had included both. She found them after her second look.[thumbsup]

I asked her about wait times and she told me 30-90 days...covering all the bases, though she did say info is coming back for most Mass. residents fairly quick.

Back
Top Bottom