• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maine CCW wait time

Here's the lastest.

New Non Resident Permit Time

Application received @ Augusta, Me -- 08/04

Check cashed ----------------------- 08/25

Permit received in Ct. (home) -------- 08/29

valid ---- 8/26/14
expires -- 8/26/18

Here's the lastest.

New Non Resident Permit Time

Application received @ Augusta, Me -- 08/04

Check cashed ----------------------- 08/25

Permit received in Ct. (home) -------- 08/29

valid ---- 8/26/14
expires -- 8/26/18

FOLLOWING WAS ENCLOSED: R click, view image
10628225_10204762329724558_4783674359355285597_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I got one of those as well. Since mine took 30 days it seemed moot. Perhaps they are just trying to get people to apply early for future back logs?

So it's been 2 months since they had all my paperwork, check was cashed 8/2. I haven't had a chance to call during business hours(and won't for several days), so I emailed the contact at the bottom if the web page. We'll see what they say, if anything.

Well, Joanne emailed me before 8:30 the next morning, stating that everything was good, except for background check from my local PD, she never received a response. She said she sent it again, and to give it the week. This morning, when I called and she informed me that she still hadn't heard anything, I went directly to the PD and asked to speak to the chief. The time was granted, and I told him I wasn't leaving the department until this was resolved. He did some looking and said the request was misdirected, and that it would be done within the hour, asking that I wait right outside his office, as he had a short meeting. Before I got comfortable, I got an email from Joanne at the Maine SP, saying that the background check came back, as my license would be issued this week. So, while the admin staff at my local PD seems to be useless, the chief gr things taken care of very quickly? And I appreciate that.

And it showed up in the mail yesterday. Not bad, total of 5 months door to door. Almost 3 months of that was because one form was illegible, and another 3 weeks was lack of response from my PD. Oh well, it's in my hand now, so I can start[wink] carrying when in cross the border.

I have a quick question about the non resident applications that is too brief to make a new thread about. In the Initials________ section at the bottom right, is that for the office or for my initials?

I have a quick question about the non resident applications that is too brief to make a new thread about. In the Initials________ section at the bottom right, is that for the office or for my initials?

I had the same question....I put mine in it. I had the thought that it was verification that YOU were the one doing it. I dunno, but I initialed it, and they did sent the swat team here, LOL

Excellent. I dropped my application for a pistol permit in the mail today. Hopefully the fact that I used Foxit PDF reader to actually type most of the answers that could be typed, they find it super readable and process it quickly. We'll see.

I just recieved my Maine Non Resident license renewal in less than two weeks.
Mailed out on 12/6 got in mail today 12/16.

Marlin

Just another MA resident getting ME non-resident CC permit, checking in:

mailed 02-28-15

received 03-13-15

I've been watching North Woods Law. They give out lots of tickets....

But some guys were hunting and they got written up for having loaded guns in the car. The officer stated that it was illegal to have a loaded gun in the car. Is this only for rifles and shotguns while your hunting? If you have a CCW can you carry loaded in the car as well in Maine?

That's great news, Matt! Just dropped mine in the mail today. I saw in posts from a few years ago that it was taking up to 3 months.

That's great news, Matt! Just dropped mine in the mail today. I saw in posts from a few years ago that it was taking up to 3 months.

I have a couple friends who have done it over the winter and they seem to have the processing times down the well within the allotted 60 days. One guy was back inside of a month.

I have a couple friends who have done it over the winter and they seem to have the processing times down the well within the allotted 60 days. One guy was back inside of a month.

I guess they learned their lesson from the tsunamis of applicants over the last few years.

Mine was a 3 month ordeal. They were buried in applications back then. Reports more recently are that they are doing much better.

Back
Top Bottom