• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maine CCW wait time

Well, much to my shock, my new ME license came in today's Mail. Mailed 5/15 and received 6/6. Great improvement over 4 years ago.

And don't care if the no permit required becomes law there, consider it a "donation"! [laugh]

However, what I've read here is that any new law actually doesn't go into effect until 90 days AFTER the legislative session ENDS (no idea when that is for ME). [For example: If MA did business this way, it would be almost 2 years from now before a law took effect!!]

Last edited:
Well, much to my shock, my new ME license came in today's Mail. Mailed 5/15 and received 6/6. Great improvement over 4 years ago.

And don't care if the no permit required becomes law there, consider it a "donation"! [laugh]

However, what I've read here is that any new law actually doesn't go into effect until 90 days AFTER the legislative session ENDS (no idea when that is for ME). [For example: If MA did business this way, it would be almost 2 years from now before a law took effect!!]

I think it is the week of July 4th. Not sure what a NR permit is but its well worth the $20 every 4 years for me to keep mine so I dont have to disclose to a cop I have a gun.

Just to Update. The Legislature adjourned on July 14th. So, October 15th is the date CC goes into effect here in Maine.

Back
Top Bottom