• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ma. open carry law ?

I don't know about a lifetime ban but everyone knows "suitability" issues are easy for a chief to yank your LTC. It may not be an official lifetime ban, but it can certainly turn into a defacto lifetime ban as the chief (and future chiefs) continue to not re-issue your unrestricted LTC.

And yes, you can fight that sort of behavior with a lawyer, but is that really where you want to spend your money?

question

- - - Updated - - -

how can you be banned for life if its legal?

Read the LTC App.

This is the scenario:

you OC
Somebody freaks
Cops come
Chief gets upset
Chief pulls LTC on suitability
From then on, you must answer "Yes" to the question "Has any license ever been suspended or revoked?"

How do you think that subsequent LTC apps will be received.

I am not saying that this is an equitable, or even acceptable state of affairs; I am saying that given the incidents ( like the one near the beginning of the thread, and others, like the Lowell case where the victim of a crime had their LTC pulled) exercising Massprudence is generally considered the wise course of action.

Because it is a thousand times easier for me to carry OC or half-assed concealed than to truly conceal the gun. Because when I OC, I can accomodate a bigger gun and/or put less strain on my back. Because OC doesn't require me to buy a new wardrobe.

I really do not care whether people think it is cool. If I want attention, wearing a push up bra will have a higher rate of success.

As for making me a target? Maybe. Maybe it is a deterrent. How about we all support gun rights of all stripes instead of ranting about how OC is risky, or overblown machismo, and no one really needs it cause only foolish people would do it. Sounds a hell of a lot like Fuddery to me.

Carry the way you like, and back everyone else's right to carry in any manner that doesn't put those around them at risk of being on the receiving end of a ND.

As usual, very well stated. Way to go!

The issue is not just the friendliness of the town it is held in. The issue is the attitude of the licensing officers in the towns where the participants reside.

Or, to put it another way, what part of "discretionary licensing" don't you understand?

I understand all of it. But exactly how would licensing officers from other towns even be aware of exactly who was at the rally?

I understand all of it. But exactly how would licensing officers from other towns even be aware of exactly who was at the rally?

Media coverage! If you hold a rally and nobody hears about it except those that were there, you might as well just make a speech in front of a mirror.

Also in today's world, SOMEONE will post it on YouTube, you can bet your life on that. If it then gets the attention of someone who tells the issuing chief, it can all hit the fan.

(ONE POTENTIAL MADE UP) scenario:

you OC
Somebody freaks
Cops come
Chief gets upset
Chief pulls LTC on suitability

Once again, I call [bs2]

Media coverage! ... If it then gets the attention of someone who tells the issuing chief, it can all hit the fan.

Again, [bs2]

The chances of this are SO small, it defies arithmetic. Pure conjecture.

That was one time, EIGHT YEARS AGO. You make it sound as if it were a regular occurence. It is not.

Considering how different I look now in comparison to my permit photo, I'm not concerned about being identified at an OC rally in a pro-2A town. I highly doubt my town is going to waste its resources to research YouTube videos, interview suspected attendees, and revoke licenses based on their findings.

I guess the real problem could be how the scared and uninformed public might react to such a rally.

Strange how times have changed. In the past, CC was considered dishonest and was strictly prohibited in many states. The idea was that only criminals or people with ill intent would hide their guns.

The criminals still hide their guns, but now lawful owners who display their firearms in an honest manner may be treated as if they are acting with ill intent. It's really backwards.

Back
Top Bottom