MA Gun Grab 2024: Senate bill S.2572

Weapon. The Enforcement notice will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer by an individual gun owner of weapons obtained on or before July 20, 2016.
The AGO also will not enforce the law against a gun dealer that possesses or transfers a “copy or duplicate” weapon that was obtained on or before July 20, 2016, provided that transfers, if any, are made to persons or businesses in states where ownership of the weapon is legal.

She never said that they were legal she said that she wasn’t going to “enforce the law” implying/saying that they were illegal. Now they decided that they are going to move us from felons in waiting to undocumented felons awaiting any error on our part.

That was a huge issue when her edict came out there were many threads on it at the time

She never said that they were legal she said that she wasn’t going to “enforce the law” implying/saying that they were illegal. Now they decided that they are going to move us from felons in waiting to undocumented felons awaiting any error on our part.

That was a huge issue when her edict came out there were many threads on it at the time
If Healey's Edict was codified The Enforcement Notice should be part of the law.

I also have a copy of an email from her gun expert that said they were legal and could be made into complete AR's in the future. I think that carries some weight. At least it did.

If Healey's Edict was codified The Enforcement Notice should be part of the law.

I also have a copy of an email from her gun expert that said they were legal and could be made into complete AR's in the future. I think that carries some weight. At least it did.
Ok. Good luck!

Healey's Edict only bans post July 2016 AR-15's and lowers.

"Application of this Enforcement Notice(individual gun owners): The Guidance will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer of an Assault weapon obtained prior to July 20, 2016."

BUT also, in closing...

"The AGO reserves the right to alter or amend this guidance." (anytime it feels like doing it)

So under this "guidance", should you choose to pantshit/be beholden to it, your post '94, pre '16 lower could have been/can still be converted to a felony any time at the random whim of the AGO.

1. Her interpretation doesn't mean sh*t.
2. Her "gun expert" Email holds as much legal weight as the sh*t I took this morning. My sh*t might actually be more useful, it could at least fertilize the ground.

You need to stop paying attention to that letter and move on.

Why is no grandfathering a problem for the gun grabbers? You can decide whether the 4th, 5th or 14th amendment applies. Making lawfully acquired property unlawful with the passing of a law without proper compensation (independent of this being about guns) tends to land one in hot water. If/when a federal court decides this is unconstitutional, what can they do? They cannot roll back the law to a previous version.

I agree they will likely put in grandfathering for your pointed out reason, but they don't GAF about proper compensation. destroy or turn in your bump stocks. what a crock of shit

"Application of this Enforcement Notice(individual gun owners): The Guidance will not be applied to possession, ownership or transfer of an Assault weapon obtained prior to July 20, 2016."

BUT also, in closing...

"The AGO reserves the right to alter or amend this guidance." (anytime it feels like doing it)

So under this "guidance", should you choose to pantshit/be beholden to it, your post '94, pre '16 lower could have been/can still be converted to a felony any time at the random whim of the AGO.

1. Her interpretation doesn't mean sh*t.
2. Her "gun expert" Email holds as much legal weight as the sh*t I took this morning. My sh*t might actually be more useful, it could at least fertilize the ground.

You need to stop paying attention to that letter and move on.
I will move on.

All my goodies are buried deep in the woods of 4 states.

Next week, my lowers and my only AR-15 will have a new home at my ski chalet in NH until this clears up.

I'm not going to jail any time soon.

I'd bet anything this bill will pass.

The "nothing preempts" seems to be a big no-op. MA gun laws never contained pre-emption clauses, so other laws come into play such as home rule requirements.

And "government administration buildings" is ambiguous. Not with regards to town halls, but what about Fire Departments, Police Stations, DPW garages and restrooms in public parks? Fire inspections; various licenses and human excrement are "administered" in the later buildings - but does this make them administration buildings?

MA still has "home rule" petition requirements for other than some categories of local laws. Home rule was granted to Boston for that city's AW ban, This is "Feel good" stuff.

I agree they will likely put in grandfathering for your pointed out reason, but they don't GAF about proper compensation. destroy or turn in your bump stocks. what a crock of shit
Quite possibly, but it is an effective strategy uses against our side. Now that they have loaded up so much garbage, they have created a situation where they can call such an accommodation a "compromise".

As to pistol frames - I read it very quickly, but only saw the definition of certain frames being considered ARs, not a banked "all frames are now firearms, rifles or shotguns". But, as I said, I ran it quickly.

Quite possibly, but it is an effective strategy uses against our side. Now that they have loaded up so much garbage, they have created a situation where they can call such an accommodation a "compromise".

As to pistol frames - I read it very quickly, but only saw the definition of certain frames being considered ARs, not a banked "all frames are now firearms, rifles or shotguns". But, as I said, I ran it quickly.

The NES compromise crew will love this. Finally, a compromise.

@42!

Whose interpretation? Healey’s or the AG?

What is the interpretation? Do you know what interpretation means?
Only the judiciary can interpret the law. The executive branch enforces it. So at most Healeys interpretation says who they will arrest and take to court but the judiciary decides if the law was actually broken. The problem for Healey is we had 10 years of federal interpretation and it is binding since the current AWB says “shall have the same meaning ” as federal law. So everything she said was bupkus. But hey, who cares about actual civics when you can spread FUD and try and make money off the ignorant.

Responding to your most because all of Reptiles content I blocked years ago.

Senator Brownsberger is holding an open zoom call at 1PM tomorrow to get additional input on the bill. Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting
@CrackPot and @GOAL will you be available to log on to this meeting, or are you otherwise tasked? A bunch of us saying we don't like it (of which I'm sure they are already aware) doesn't seem as productive as well versed advocates who can correctly argue the specifics.

Edit: What am I saying. CrackPot will be at work. My bad.

Last edited:
So now an unfinished lower is both a rifle, or a machine gun. Bet I know which they'll charge you with 10/10 times....... there aren't enough trees and public squares.
Good question. Do you register an 80% lower as a pistol, rifle, machine gun, SBR...? Do you need an MG license to own one under this bill?

Healey's interpretation has everything to do with July 2016...

Pre July 2016 are exempt lowers.
Stop posting this stupid garbage. Better yet, just stop posting. At this point, nearly eight years after Healey's edict, even my cat understands it better than you.

Quickie internet pic search

I’ve held the famous one a while back. I regret not getting a pic of it in my hands.
I got a pic with it! :D U jelly?

Is there an actual statement from MCOPA or just an article stating they support this?

If they did that much of a 180 it’ll be time to demand that FFLs not sell “LEO-only,” and if they do they need to be blacklisted. Until they all close anyway…
GOAL confirmed on their Facebook page that the bill has MCOPA support

Back
Top Bottom