MA Gun Grab 2024: Senate bill S.2572

The new law does not mention how to dispose of our ARs.

Very short sighted.

Maybe there is no plan.

Maybe they will grandfather in the final version and will use grandfathering as a bargaining chip.
The “plan” is to turn everyone into felons-in-waiting. They don’t need people to turn any in. They just need to be able to ding any gun owner who owns an assault weapon if they happen to have any sort of police interaction whatsoever.

Go re-read the house bill. It does.

Sell them out of state, move them out of state or turn them in.

ETA. For someone who can find the most obscure news story hidden deep in a news site. How the hell do you not understand what’s going on in your back yard? Even with us spoon feeding you the details?
Ok.

I still think they will offer grandfathering.

I don’t think there are any other states that never had grandfathering with registration.

Only 1% complied but they still offered.

The new law does not mention how to dispose of our ARs.

Very short sighted.

Maybe there is no plan.

Maybe they will grandfather in the final version and will use grandfathering as a bargaining chip.
Grandfathering is a bribe for the peons not to rebel. Reject the bribe.

We all have rights that cannot be taken away. These rights include life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Governments are created to protect these rights and get their power from the people they govern. If a government becomes harmful to these rights, the people have the right to change or remove it and create a new government that will better serve them. It’s important to be careful when changing a long-standing government, but if it becomes clear that the government is working against the best interests of the citizenry, the people have the right and duty to overthrow it and create a new government that will protect them.

I just don't see how the State of Mass is working in your best interests. I suspect that sooner or later, this is going to become a real issue for Mass to deal with.

The federal ban said "Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models)". So like the Colt AR-15 entry, it listed a BRAND of AK. Norinco, Mitchell and Polytech were therefore all banned post 94 (not an issue since the import ban of 89 ended them anyway). But federally they treated other brands as just fine so a WASR 10 or whatever would be fine.

The MA AWB says "Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK) (all models)". No brand. so ALL brands are impacted. You never get to the feature test because they are all covered by this change in the MA version of the AWB.

There were neutered post-94 AK variants a plenty in MA.

Just because they were plentiful, doesn’t mean they were legal

FFLs/dealers were openly selling them 🤷‍♂️

If they weren’t legal, they would have been shut down.

Example: Four Seasons from a 2005 and 2015. The deli ticket emporium doesn’t sell questionable guns, and that’s a whole 10 year span of selling them. MA would have noticed if they were openly selling an illegal gun.

IMG_9099.jpeg

IMG_9100.jpeg

Last edited:
The “plan” is to turn everyone into felons-in-waiting. They don’t need people to turn any in. They just need to be able to ding any gun owner who owns an assault weapon if they happen to have any sort of police interaction whatsoever.

This.

They operate by fear. They have no intention of lifting a finger to enforce any of this. They know most gun owners will comply, just because most MA gun owners tend to be law-abiding people. Those of us who won't comply? They're not worried about; they know we don't impact crime stats. So they'll just let us keep noncomplying unless we do something that'll make it hard for them to ignore us.

At that point, they have a choice to make: keep on ignoring us, thus tacitly admitting that their law sucked? Or prosecute us and risk the courts overturning everything they've done?

Either way, I like that outcome.

FFLs/dealers were openly selling them 🤷‍♂️

If they weren’t legal, they would have been shut down.

Example: Four Seasons from a 2005 and 2015. The deli ticket emporium doesn’t sell questionable guns, and that’s a whole 10 year span of selling them. MA would have noticed if they were openly selling an illegal gun.
Well, ignoring the past, look at today. FS is advertising a MA compliant Sig MCX and Tavor (I believe Maura's press conference explicitly said Tavor's were acceptable) on their home page today. Is the current take that they would or would not be allowed under the new bill as currently printed?

Well, ignoring the past, look at today. FS is advertising a MA compliant Sig MCX and Tavor (I believe Maura's press conference explicitly said Tavor's were acceptable) on their home page today. Is the current take that they would or would not be allowed under the new bill as currently printed?
Would not be allowed. Once an assault weapon, always an assault weapon.

The federal ban said "Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models)". So like the Colt AR-15 entry, it listed a BRAND of AK. Norinco, Mitchell and Polytech were therefore all banned post 94 (not an issue since the import ban of 89 ended them anyway). But federally they treated other brands as just fine so a WASR 10 or whatever would be fine.

The MA AWB says "Avtomat Kalashnikov (AK) (all models)". No brand. so ALL brands are impacted. You never get to the feature test because they are all covered by this change in the MA version of the AWB.
It also mentions copies and duplicates of Colt-AR 15. Therefore all AR15.

a Sunday 1pm call?
I wasn’t sure how I felt about it.
First glance I went; self, really? really 1 PM on a Sunday, during football season, midday, when most people either won’t even hear about it, or will be preoccupied with other things. Then my mind went into negative Nancy 413dan mode “ then he will be able to say though I had a time and place where I was available for public comment but no one showed…”
That annoyed me and I browsed the GOAL summary again, and wrote down some notes of contention…
As I was sitting there, I remembered how I am working on not letting things outside of my control or that I do not fully have all the information about, work me up.
It was at this point I remembered again, my life is relatively good, why am I letting these people personally affect my mood, screw them, and I felt much better.

It's BS they are not having more public comment sessions.
It doesn’t do him or me, or anyone else on this site for that matter(not a dig at you specifically Broc),to be perpetually in an echo chamber.
It is doubtful hearts or minds were swayed, but without dialogue, we certainly won’t get anywhere.

Edit: fix a run on sentence

Last edited:
Let's just all get C&R licenses. Anything 50 years or older is considered an antique and ships to the post office where you go and pick it up. The bill clearly states that antiques are exempt.

Back
Top Bottom