• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

m1919 browning kit build, need to find a gunsmith?

I acquired a 1919 kit a couple of years back and it has been collecting dust underneath my bed ever since. It was once a full auto machine gun that had been demilled. So I need to find a gunsmith that will do this type of work and is kind of near Milford,MA to drill out the remaining side plate and get and install a new semi auto side plate, rivet the thing back together and possibly parkerize it? The prices on these things keep going up, so I want to get this done asap, while I have the time to do it. Any help will be great.

thanks,
Mark

I acquired a 1919 kit a couple of years back and it has been collecting dust underneath my bed ever since. It was once a full auto machine gun that had been demilled. So I need to find a gunsmith that will do this type of work and is kind of near Milford,MA to drill out the remaining side plate and get and install a new semi auto side plate, rivet the thing back together and possibly parkerize it? The prices on these things keep going up, so I want to get this done asap, while I have the time to do it. Any help will be great.

thanks,
Mark

Send a PM to Finallygotabeltfed - or Acme.Armament (both here on NES) - they were the hosts of the 1919a4 group build a few months back.

If you're looking for more info on the 1919a4 - check out www.1919a4.com. There's a guy who's recommended by a number of people on 1919a4.com as a quality builder : John McGuire - I think he's in Ohio - who will charge around $550 to build the kit. But he will parkerize it and test it out before sending it back to you. I can pull his info if you want it. I have a couple of kits I plan on sending to him to get built when I have the $$.

If you decide you want to sell the kit - let me know, I might be interested [grin]

Back
Top Bottom