M&P Shield , anyone get one yet?

i will definitly head on over to BEC, and have something done, i do have the non-mass trigger version, but still at 6.5 lbs i would rather see it more like a 5lb trigger pull like a stock glock.

Went to State Line Guns in Mason NH to have a handgun repaired last week. Had to look at the guns and sitting there was a .40 shield so I threw down a deposit and they'll be doing a trigger job too. Will be picking it up in about a week. They received 10 of the .40's but no 9mm. yet and don't know when they will. This was the last one available of the 10 they received and I don't think they lasted 3 days. Looking forward to receiving it and the price was $450, about average I guess.

Just got my M&P40 Shield in -- was supposed to be going to range tonight with fiance but my thumb is killing me (food shopping can get vicious), so I gotta wait. :(

Anyone wanna go to the range tomorrow up my way? I'm a member of Chester Rod and Gun. Hit the range, get some pizza up the road? Anyone that wants to try the .40 is welcome to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also, Second Amendment Arms in Windham has 2 M&P9 Shields in right now. I believe they are $449.

I shot my shield in 9 with a trigger job by Lou (feels great btw). I seem to be shooting in down left, classic jerking the trigger. Hope to fix that soon. It's a real pleasure to shoot. I find that the 8 round nag doesn't drop free as it seems to always get caught up with my palm. The 7 rounder is sweet and seems even better from a carry perspective. Any ways that's my 2c after firing handful of factory loads (wwb)...

I shot my shield in 9 with a trigger job by Lou (feels great btw). I seem to be shooting in down left, classic jerking the trigger. Hope to fix that soon. It's a real pleasure to shoot. I find that the 8 round nag doesn't drop free as it seems to always get caught up with my palm. The 7 rounder is sweet and seems even better from a carry perspective. Any ways that's my 2c after firing handful of factory loads (wwb)...
The 8 round mag gets caught on my palm as well, so I have that as the backup mag, and the 7 round for carry. Still need a trigger job... Need to find someone around the Worcester area, or just do it myself with an apex kit

The 8 round mag gets caught on my palm as well, so I have that as the backup mag, and the 7 round for carry. Still need a trigger job... Need to find someone around the Worcester area, or just do it myself with an apex kit

FWIW I removed the padding above the bottom and it now falls fine. So basically it no longer looks like an extension of the grip but it falls well.

Piman, whats your trigger lbs at now? did you have the work done on a non mass or mass comp. version, ive got the non comp, version and if its just 6lbs vs 6.5 standard , doesn't seem like too big a gain for a trigger job?

I use a remora holster for my shield, coincidentally, it was also the holster i used for my 26.

Piman, whats your trigger lbs at now? did you have the work done on a non mass or mass comp. version, ive got the non comp, version and if its just 6lbs vs 6.5 standard , doesn't seem like too big a gain for a trigger job?

I use a remora holster for my shield, coincidentally, it was also the holster i used for my 26.

It is a MA version so I can tell a distinct difference when the trigger breaks though I don't know the specific lbs.

Do you use the Remora IWB or pocket? I bought it for pocket but it does not seem to be good for that, it wants to come out with the gun:-(

FWIW I removed the padding above the bottom and it now falls fine. So basically it no longer looks like an extension of the grip but it falls well.
Yeah, I tried that out as well. Seemed fine, but felt a bit awkward.

- - - Updated - - -

Any preferences for a holster for the shield? Manufacturer? IWB or OWB?
I had my holster made by G3Holsters, aka Tattoo72 on here. IWB and it is very comfortable.

Picked up my 9mm shield on tuesday, weds gave it to Dave Santurri in N.Attleboro, got it back with a 5lb trigger pull today. Going to the range and try it out. Feels alot better now than when i dropped it off.

I just shoot my .40 Shield and ... the trigger ... how to say it politely: SUCKS. I shoot two magazines and stopped. It was just too painful. Anyone knows a good gunsmith in Western Mass ???

Picked up my first purchase after getting my LTC today, 9mm Shield. 100 rounds and agree Mass trigger sucks, feels like it's full of sand and gritty. Will visit Lou at BEC soon.

Just got back from the range with the Shield in 9mm with the trigger job i had done. Very nice groupings at 25", 3 inches for 7 shots. Trigger breaks nice without the jerk needed to pull it. Ran 100rds through it with no problems at all. This will be my new CC gun.

Thanks for letting me tryout your 9mm shield. I love the trigger job done by BEC.

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

Got a 9mm shield. First range outing had some jams, was a little frustrated. Opened the slide and let the recoil spring compress overnight. Ever since, eats anything.

The MA trigger isn't the worst I've seen. At least it has a short pull and it breaks ok, albeit too heavy.

overall, for the money it's a good concealed carry piece.

Back
Top Bottom