• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M&P Shield , anyone get one yet?

The more and more i look at the shield i want one to have when i dont feel like carrying my 26 but want more than my lcp. Anyone pick one up yet? Trying to find someone who has it to get their thoughts.

If it goes well i will put my name on the list at four seasons.

I have a SHIELD in 9mm, that I picked up on Friday 9/21

So far I have only shot
50 rounds through it. (shoots great!)

I do really like it & I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Disappointed that it's for righty's only. Reviews are great, price is right feels good in my hand, and I like the extra capacity of a 9mm. But I'm a lefty... ordering an XDS today from Merrimack Firearms. Also feels great, but only in .45 and $150 more.. BUT, no manual safety (uses ambi grip safety) and the mag release is ambi also.
S&W -- I WANT to buy the shield, how about some love for the lefties.

I've got one, 9MM. Trigger job(Lou at Business End Customs) is a MUST or the APEX kit. Shoots great and fits my small hands like a glove. It's built for righties.

I'm still working on the mags. I've left them continually fully loaded and shot about 500 rounds. The 7 round mag still will not seat with the slide closed. If I were to carry the 7 round mag as a backup I'd only load 6 rounds. I ordered more 8 round mags because they hold more and seat better.

Very light and conceals well. With 9 rounds ready to go it is a nice CCW. It is well worth the $400 that it sells for. I'd recommend it. You just gotta get past the fact that you need to redo the trigger.

I held one recently and i loved it instantly, i definitly want trigger work done to it, but honestly i just want apex to make a solid, non broken in half trigger.

I found sometimes when i dryfired the gun at the store my finger being narrow would hit only the upper portion of the trigger and push the trigger back till the stupid safety stopped me at the backwall, then my finger would roll and it would be a "kathunk" as pressure from my finger pushed the bottom half up and got the trigger safety disengaged.

^^ +1.
I'm with you, Queen. If I could find a replacements trigger to replace the stock one. The split in half trigger just doesn't work for me at all. If I could replace the trigger, I'd definitely give the M&P line a longer look, esp the Shield.

Aloha

APEX is working on an aftermarket trigger for the Shield as we speak. They already have one for the other M&Ps. IIRC they might be offering a plastic one and an aluminum one. Their triggers ain't cheap though. Bee, kinda surprised that the Shield's two piece trigger is a problem. That's a deal killer right there.

I have one in 40 but I like my XDS better. The XDS feels better, the Shield for some reason hurts my finger and I think kicks more.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

I looked at a Shield and at the XDS and went with the XDS. The Shield seemed fine but so close to my M&P .40C that I decided to pass and try a different brand. The XDS looks and feels a lot like my Walther PPS did. But it's in .45 ACP so that makes it better.

I'm still reading horror stories about mags dropping out of their forties. I would have thought after the issues S&W had with their BG380's ( and the resulting public floggings), they would have done better testing on the shield before release. I will own a shield but will wait till they've been out for a while before.

Have Lou at Business End Customs do your trigger. He did mine on my M&P9c and it's flippin' amazing. I want to buy more M&Ps now because I love them so much with the new trigger.

Have Lou at Business End Customs do your trigger. He did mine on my M&P9c and it's flippin' amazing. I want to buy more M&Ps now because I love them so much with the new trigger.

Its been so hard to try and find one, everyone is out of stock, and not even the gunshow had one. The few places, and people that have them want like 500$ or more for them. Ridonkulous :) . For a 389$ gun...

Guess its for the better as i just spent 300 dollars at VS instead.

Its been so hard to try and find one, everyone is out of stock, and not even the gunshow had one. The few places, and people that have them want like 500$ or more for them. Ridonkulous :) . For a 389$ gun...

Guess its for the better as i just spent 300 dollars at VS instead.

You are more than welcome to stop by the shop and check out mine. Just let me know so I make sure I have it on me.

I'v had a couple M&P compacts over the past few years. I can honestly say I,v never had a handgun that had the mags pop out more than the m&p line (sitting down, driving, a slight shift of belt). I'v held the shield and it seems to have the same light mag release. Iv never had it happen on any glock i'v owned, or the sr9c. If they fixed that issue I would LOVE it!! I would stick with your glock.

Haha yeh , scary .. a girl with guns and taste... lol though i just called VS to complain about their sneaky discount tactics, after a sale , and got 50 dollars off my order!:)

snubking, i haven't heard of the m&p shield magazine's poping out.. i know that with the 7 round magazine its impossible to seat in the gun with the slide closed. so i would have to skip the +1.

The first run of .40 cal Shields had a problem with mags dropping out while shooting. From what I've read the problem has been corrected by S&W. If you have the problem mags they will fix them, free shipping. There is no problem with the 9mm Shields.

Just got the call from my local FFL that they received a few in stock and are holding a 9mm for me! Yessssssssss

I was actually in a shop this afternoon when a couple came in, and I'm on their list so I got first crack at it...............unfortunately (well, fortunately really) I just got shipping confirmation on a gun I ordered a month ago so I had to hold off. [crying] I am pretty psyched about the one I am getting though....

I was actually in a shop this afternoon when a couple came in, and I'm on their list so I got first crack at it...............unfortunately (well, fortunately really) I just got shipping confirmation on a gun I ordered a month ago so I had to hold off. [crying] I am pretty psyched about the one I am getting though....

Hint?

Back
Top Bottom