M&P Shield , anyone get one yet?

I had my little 9mm Shield out today. The more I shoot it, the more I like it. With the APEX kit it shoots so easy and the accuracy is unbelievable. I just think I finally found the perfect CCW.

Hey mind if i join you.. im dying to shoot the shield inferno .. im free sunday :)

or Tballs since we live pretty close by ....*hint hint .. lol

Hey mind if i join you.. im dying to shoot the shield inferno .. im free sunday :)

I'm sure we could get a group together before our NES meet up at Slaters BBQ @5pm on Sunday [grin]

Doubtful, though I'd love to make it out.......supposed to head out to Six Flags for my son's birthday on Sunday. Saturday could work...........

Anyone out in the western part of the state have one? I bought my fiance a Kahr MK9 a while ago and she doesn't like it, so we're gonna sell that one and the Shield is next on the to try list. It'll either be the non-MA version or I'll be throwing the apex kit in it. We put the apex kit in my friends M&P9c and it's a HUGE improvement.

Mike

GAWD I'm like a little kid on christmas! hahaha
After putting my name on a waiting list back in April/May, it's FINALLY here!!!

GAWD I'm like a little kid on christmas! hahaha
After putting my name on a waiting list back in April/May, it's FINALLY here!!!

I wish I could REP you again haha. I know exactly how you're feeling. That anticipation is so natural and is the best feeling in the world. I hope you enjoy your new gun and the Shield seems to be the best CCW on the market right now. I can't wait to meet up with you and try her out.

damn i need to go to the LGS to see if they can keep on to the side for me when it comes in. i'm sure i'll be at the back of a very long line, but i might as well take a number now.

Riverview Guns in East Windsor Ct had 150 9mm and 150 .40 M&P Shield when I was there on Saturday I wanted to get one but I spend all my cash on 5.56 and .40 ammo, I will call tomorrow and see how many they have left in stock.

Last edited:
Thanks to Eve , they had 3 left and i snagged one . 399 + 20 for shipping
Hehehe. In case you didn't see that I posted it in the other 3 Shield threads haha. And you're right, all we need is a sword now to go with the shields haha
attachment.php

better hurry up, not many left, and this is the first shipment he got in 6 months, and hes got no clue when hes going to get any more.

picked up my new 9mm shield today, haven't shot it but its so thin, pretty much an lcp but longer and taller, it hides very well iwb

targets pics up. Yes i do flinch with a downward pull usually. mostly in anticipation of recoil from the chart i saw. i even dry fired on the range and noticed i pull down a tad. and the other half of it is because i use my first joint vs the pad of my finger.. :) i need to work on that, but i love it so.. lol

Shield 7 yards standing
photo5.jpg

Shield 10 yards standing. don't know where i got the flyer from..
photo6.jpg

Glock 19 20 yards standing, center is regular rate of fire
top right is as slow as i could possibly go, concentrating on everything.
photo7.jpg

which is guess is ok.. a 4 inch group as best i could muster..

Last edited:
Just ordered mine, in .40, through Vance Outdoors. Should arrive at FFL tomorrow but I'll be out of town till tuesday :( But guess what I'll be doing on Tuesday when I should be sitting in my office working :D

Picked up a Shield 9mm at The Outdoor Shop(he had a couple 40's and a handful of 9's as of Sat when I left). Dry fired it exactly 3 times before ripping it apart and putting the Apex kit in it(ODS has them in stock as well). The factory MA trigger is horrific. Just awful. After we finished we measured the trigger pull: factory = OVER (I think 12 lbs is the max on that gauge), with APEX = just under 6 lbs. The reset is much better than the other M&P's I've owned, not quite a Glock reset but very nice. I brought it out to the range and it shoots great - plenty accurate. 1 fail to eject in about 150 rounds(my reloads). I really don't like the sights, I'd like to get a set of all black sights on there. I have an email into Ameriglo to see if they have anything planned. If I keep the gun I'll probably disable the thumb safety.

All in all I like it so far.

Picked up a Shield 9mm at The Outdoor Shop(he had a couple 40's and a handful of 9's as of Sat when I left). Dry fired it exactly 3 times before ripping it apart and putting the Apex kit in it(ODS has them in stock as well). The factory MA trigger is horrific. Just awful. After we finished we measured the trigger pull: factory = OVER (I think 12 lbs is the max on that gauge), with APEX = just under 6 lbs. The reset is much better than the other M&P's I've owned, not quite a Glock reset but very nice. I brought it out to the range and it shoots great - plenty accurate. 1 fail to eject in about 150 rounds(my reloads). I really don't like the sights, I'd like to get a set of all black sights on there. I have an email into Ameriglo to see if they have anything planned. If I keep the gun I'll probably disable the thumb safety.

All in all I like it so far.

Amen to that. I literaly did the same exact thing.. dry fired a few times.. threw up in my mouth, then instantly went home, installed the APEX kit.. THEN went to the range... [smile]

Back
Top Bottom