• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lubricants - What do you recommend?

I use Hoppes #9 for cleaning along with Remington Oil Wipes but just starting using Frog Lube this week and it is fantastic. Two of my AR carbines have been acting up lately and my brand new Kimber Aegis Pro was frustrating during the pilot run last week. All three guns ran smooth as butter this Saturday, not a single feed or ejection issue. The Kimber fired 200 rounds perfectly and no issues. I am sold on Frog Lube right now.

So, WHICH synthetic oil, WHAT weight, and which ATF (Dexron?)?

Mobil 1 10W30?
Does ATF brand matter?

Would NES like to go in for a "group recipe" of this?

Interesting idea here if it works.

Also, what types of guns does this work for?

I recently bought a gallon of a lubricant/rust preventive called Fluid Film. I used it on my 1911 and it seemed to work great. I also used it as a long term storage coating for an old Ruger .22 pistol. It works as an undercoating for cars, all purpose lube for anything metal, and is considered a "migrating" non-solvent lube that finds its way into the smallest nook and cranny and never dries up.

Chris

Just for discussion. I was an avid insane mountain biker and as such had changed over from all of my oil/teflon products to Krytech wax lubricant. Never once had any problems in rivers, mud, sand, snow. I recently met a guy who did the same and said he used it on his glock. Interesting, but true? I know a glock will shoot mostly no matter what, but has anyone else heard of this? Thanks

I have used this on my Seecamp for years, Renaissance Wax http://www.amazon.com/Picreator-Renaissance-Wax-200ml/dp/B0012S1XBO I like that it is dry, does not seem to collect powder residue and dirt, no fingerprints and the gun actually seems to function smoother. ( could be in my head ) Not sure if it is on the same idea as Krytech Wax Lubricant.

I like CLP and lucas gun oil............Remington aresol gun oil...big can has lasted me about 12 years now. good for qwick wipe down

Back
Top Bottom