LTC officer in Lowell

Out her. She is a public employee, and she was speaking in public.

We should know her name to go along with her infamy.

--jcr

I'm bored tonight so here's a possible starting place:

Dear Professor XXXX,
I feel I should make you aware of an incident that made me extremely uncomfortable during the class on xx/xx/xxxx. This was the day that Officer XXXX was substituting in your absence. She began the class letting us know that she was the Licensing Officer for Lowell and asked us if we had any general questions for her. Seeing as how she prefaced her class with her role in licensing and it is a topic of interest to me, I ask how hard it was to get an unrestricted license in Lowell. I have such a license but have heard from many people that it was impossible to obtain here. I felt it better to ask the source while I had the opportunity than to go by possible word of mouth rumors. However, this appeared to be the wrong thing to ask. I was told by her that only law enforcement officials and business owners transporting large sums of cash could obtain it per MA State Law. I will admit, when I heard this I laughed because I knew that was not the case as per MGL xxx restrictions were intended to be a matter of suitability and not occupation. Merely giving out false information is not what is prompting me to write this email, however. Not only did Officer XXXX ask which town I had received my license but also said and I quote “If I ever did a motor vehicle stop on you, my gun would be in your face before I even asked you anything.” I find this comment extremely disturbing, threatening, and not what I would expect a professor, never mind an officer responsible for firearms licensing to make. I am unsure of your feelings on the topic but feel you should at the minimum be made aware of the event.
Respectfully,
XXXX

I like this. It's factual, tactful, and non-threatening. Just a minor edit for clarity above in bold.

A quick "**** you, bitch" as I cancelled the class and walked out. I've done it before, ain't afraid to do it again.

I can't wait to leave this shithole state because of a**h***s like that

I have had professors that were totally opposite of my way of thinking and I refused to drop the class. Instead I voiced my opinion and put out as best an argument I could to counter the professors point of view. I would try to open up the eyes of other students to see that the "Professors" way is not the only way and hell sometimes I would argue a point that we actually agreed on just to go against him. I got a b in the class and at the end of my 4 years I saw him at my graduation and he said he missed our discussions and that he enjoyed that I didn't just accept what others said and respected my opinion even though he didn't agree with them. I admitted to him then that I would sometimes go against his point of view for shits and giggles and he laughed.

That officer is an friend of a friend. When I last renewed my license in Lowell I had a lovely conversation with her about how I would never get an unrestricted LTC because I'm don't "need" one. I kept my cool but it took all my will to do so. My friend however also a non LEO managed get an unrestricted LTC just 3 months later. It's not what you know its who you know.

Best part is my friend doesn't even own a gun.

I note they still have the WRONG information on their page about resident aliens being restricted to low-capacity long guns via application directly to the CSHB.
I had my grandson apply for his FID card the minute he turned 16. Just about then the law changed, reducing the price from $100 to $25 for minors, and it took almost 4 weeks for her to acknowledge the lower price.
Happily, just before the interview.

I have had professors that were totally opposite of my way of thinking and I refused to drop the class. Instead I voiced my opinion and put out as best an argument I could to counter the professors point of view. I would try to open up the eyes of other students to see that the "Professors" way is not the only way and hell sometimes I would argue a point that we actually agreed on just to go against him. I got a b in the class and at the end of my 4 years I saw him at my graduation and he said he missed our discussions and that he enjoyed that I didn't just accept what others said and respected my opinion even though he didn't agree with them. I admitted to him then that I would sometimes go against his point of view for shits and giggles and he laughed.

The difference between most classes and this douchebag? She has the ability to deny your Constitutional Right out of sheer c***-ness...

The next difference, is that she flat out threatened 1st degree murder on a student..........just because he questioned her about CCW.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...board-photos-victims-bodies-article-1.1157722

Put a barrel in my face and see what you get, douchebag. Just because you thugs have a badge doesn't give you the right to murder me. But remember, I will defend myself against you...and no piece of BS plastic will deny me my right to life.

Test my conviction.....

Last edited:
Then for the rest of the class she would be talking about domestic violence and she kept referring to me saying if I responded to a home and someone had guns, they would be taken away In a heartbeat.
Hope she can provide written notice in a heartbeat. So says Pasqualone v. Gately, 422 Mass. 398 (1996).

More police departments need their pants sued off WRT firearms licensing. It's the ONLY way to get it into the skulls of licensing authorities that the 2nd Amendment applies to Massachusetts.

When teachers or substitutes speak to a class are they considered to have given permission to be audio recorded?
No.
One does not require permission. They just need to be notified.

Notification is not required as long as the recording is open and clear to the ordinary person - which is why news cameras are not a problem.

Yeah, that's fine for the wiretapping law, but you guys are forgetting school policy which most often punts to the professor's/teacher's discretion. I have had plenty of professors who will tell students to GTFO of the classroom if they were to insist on recording the class. I think they feel it gives students a free pass to f*ck off in class as they can just review the audio later.

I feel Chambersbos' pain. I've had target and hunting in Lowell for just over 6 years. The licensing officer recently told me that I need to become a victim of a crime or own a business before I could ask for no restrictions. Since I actually do own a small business, it'll be less painfull to go that route.
I'm just waiting for a few weeks with no shootings around here.[banghead]

Sounds like you're about due to be mugged, jus sayin...

No, They want to be able to say that they didn't say something when they did. It gives them the ability when questioned even with a room full of witnesses, to paraphrase and have it mean something else.
I have seen it done.
Maybe for some, but I have quite a few professors with more testicular fortitude than that who also ban laptops for a similar reason.

No, They want to be able to say that they didn't say something when they did. It gives them the ability when questioned even with a room full of witnesses, to paraphrase and have it mean something else.
I have seen it done.

The goal of every professor is to make tenure. The chances a single recorded statement will be used to enhance the chances before a tenure committee are much, much smaller than the chances an inappropriate or out of context statement could be used against a tenure candidate.

That bitch is exactly the kind of person I want to enforce the law with a gun.
Sheesh, the more I read on gun forums about MA, the more I am happy about my move to new Hamper.
How come that for almost every situation, there's a public servant who seems to know exactly what's best for me?

She immediately says " I make the decision, the chief has too much on his plate to handle this."

And if I ever did a motor vehicle stop on you, my gun would be in your face before I even asked you anything.

The licensing officer recently told me that I need to become a victim of a crime or own a business before I could ask for no restrictions.

It sounds like all a Lowellian needs to do is get pulled over by her, and then they'd qualify for an unrestricted license! [hmmm]

Last edited:
Calls for action after latest Lowell shooting

By Evan Lips, [email protected]
Updated: 09/11/2012 06:35:20 AM EDT

LOWELL -- Taya Dixon-Mullane, a leader of the Lower Highlands Neighborhood Group, stood in the parking lot of the Molloy Alternative School on Smith Street during a discussion about violence in the neighborhood on Aug. 25.

"The next time we have one of these meetings, it's probably going to be because someone is dead," said Dixon-Mullane.

She was wrong. No one died, but less than two weeks later, on Sunday night, five people were shot less than a block away in front of 165 Smith St., five houses down from where Dixon-Mullane made the statement.

Three men and two women, all in their 20s, were wounded after an unidentified passenger in a passing vehicle unloaded a hail of bullets into the group as they sat on the front ground-level porch of a triple-decker.

<snip>

Sunday night's shooting was the city's fourth in a little more than two weeks. On Aug. 29, three people were shot outside the Tedeschi Food Shop on Bridge Street. Two men were also shot during separate incidents on Aug. 26.

The spate of gunfire that led to the Aug. 25 Lower Highlands community meeting was prompted partly by an Aug. 19 incident in which three men reportedly walked down Smith Street and fired four rounds into the side of the house at 154 Smith St. and another round into a vehicle's bumper.

Gunfire over the final weekend of July also occurred at 46 Upham St. Residents discovered a bullet hole in the wall 2 feet above where a 71-year-old woman had been sleeping.

That same weekend, Leslie Oxton of 11 Fernald St. found a bullet hole in the door of the guest bedroom of her home, where her husband was sleeping. Oxton, who lives steps away from Smith Street, also spotted a shell casing in her driveway.

Last month's Saturday-morning Lower Highlands meeting, at the Molloy Alternative School on Smith Street, drew more than 50 residents. Residents had witnessed a startling jump in crime during the month of August that included five burglaries, eight vandalism incidents, three car break-ins and one instance of aggravated assault.

Tuesday's meeting will be at City Hall and will be attended by Police Superintendent Ken Lavallee.

link to full article

Last year when Lowell was named The 18th most dangerous city in America, people there bent over backwards to explain it away.

Since then, violent crime has gotten worse, but that's good news for Lowellians who want an unrestricted LTC because to qualify all you have to do is be viciously attacked first, and your chances of becoming a victim have been improving!

Last edited:
Reason #1 why she should be fired. She threatened violence/murder without provocation and reason over a traffic stop.

This is a suitability issue right here and she should be reprimanded for it immediately. To say she would pull out her firearm during a routine traffic stop without a reason to do so, and plant it in your face? Oh really now...Hero.

I got my neutered license from lowell with sporting restrictions - and graduated from the CJ program at UML - good program by the way. The chief's blanket policy of not issuing ALP licenses to anyone is arrogrant and so is her statement that only LEOs or business owners would get such a license. But then again such policy stems from the same department that revokes a residents firearms license when his collection was stolen. I would bring her statement of putting a gun in your face or whatever she said up to the chair of the CJ department - no need for this

Back
Top Bottom