LTC officer in Lowell

I have had professors that were totally opposite of my way of thinking and I refused to drop the class. Instead I voiced my opinion and put out as best an argument I could to counter the professors point of view. I would try to open up the eyes of other students to see that the "Professors" way is not the only way and hell sometimes I would argue a point that we actually agreed on just to go against him. I got a b in the class and at the end of my 4 years I saw him at my graduation and he said he missed our discussions and that he enjoyed that I didn't just accept what others said and respected my opinion even though he didn't agree with them. I admitted to him then that I would sometimes go against his point of view for shits and giggles and he laughed.

Izzat you Spicoli? Come visit anytime. - Mr. Hand

I got my neutered license from lowell with sporting restrictions - and graduated from the CJ program at UML - good program by the way. The chief's blanket policy of not issuing ALP licenses to anyone is arrogrant and so is her statement that only LEOs or business owners would get such a license. But then again such policy stems from the same department that revokes a residents firearms license when his collection was stolen. I would bring her statement of putting a gun in your face or whatever she said up to the chair of the CJ department - no need for this

Mass email to the media explaining what she did and said to you, with her CC'd:
[email protected]

I see your point, but any list based solely on UCR Part I Crimes data is flawed from the get go.

Note I'm not saying Lowell isn't dangerous, but I wouldn't point to that list to back it up.

Understood.

Im defiantly using this format and I'm going to monitor what other people say. I'm also going to add other quotes she said.

My guess is that the OP meant "definitely," not "defiantly," although responding defiantly to this experience would certainly be appropriate.

Based on the lack of an update to this thread, I wonder if he ever did anything about it. If not, this could be the reason why:

My only worry is, does that officer have the ability to call my city and revoke my license?

As long as chiefs have say-so over who gets an LTC, bringing abuses into the light will always be difficult. This is the #1 problem in MA.

Even residents of green towns are just one personnel change away from a restricted license, or worse... something to think about.

Ask her if Lowell still requires a jingle bell thingy to alert the POPO when your home-armory has been breached...

The original Home Rule Petition requiring burglar alarms was written with the help of Rep. Kevin Murphy and the police superintendent (Ken Lavallee), but according to the Lowell Sun online, "House counsel informed Murphy that the issue could not be dealt with in a home-rule context, so Murphy filed statewide legislation..."

I've been keeping an eye on Murphy's web page. I have not seen a bill number come up for this yet, and it's been over a year, so let's hope it's dead.

That city needs a lawsuit.
More police departments need their pants sued off WRT firearms licensing. It's the ONLY way to get it into the skulls of licensing authorities that the 2nd Amendment applies to Massachusetts.

Thanks to Comm2A, it looks like a lawsuit will be coming to a lucky city/town "near" you! Want-your-restrictions-removed-See-this-post-for-how [rockon]

Understood.

My guess is that the OP meant "definitely," not "defiantly," although responding defiantly to this experience would certainly be appropriate.

Based on the lack of an update to this thread, I wonder if he ever did anything about it. If not, this could be the reason why:

As long as chiefs have say-so over who gets an LTC, bringing abuses into the light will always be difficult. This is the #1 problem in MA.

Even residents of green towns are just one personnel change away from a restricted license, or worse... something to think about.

That is why House bill h1567 is so important it will turn the state into a shall grant from a may grant state.

I wish you could see the suprised look on my face. What an a hole.

I'm guessing something like this:

3047917016_38ebc9a670.jpg

I dropped that class after the second class, the actual professor happened to be the deputy chief. She shared the same values of the LTC officer. Then you got a bunch of hippie 18-19 year olds saying "yeaa we don't need guns in our society" [rolleyes]

I had to get out of there. Wasn't worth my time learning from someone so ignorant.

I hate Massachusetts with the biggest passion.

Thats good at least. Im applying for my class a in lowell in 2 weeks. At least ill go in with the expectation of getting a restricted license

Why would this matter?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I know people who have family members in other cities that allow a family member to say they live with them to get an unrestricted LTC. I know of at least two who have done it, and it worked. One lives in Quincy but his mom in Pepperell, he applied there and got it

Damn, crazy story OP. This is why I sweat bricks when there's a cop car behind me in traffic, and I'm cool as a cucumber walking around in Worcester all the time. The ****ing cops are the real criminals. I have to worry about some pissed off, got-something-to-prove lady cop that wants to blow my face off for California rolling through a stop sign. At least when I'm going to the Boulevard diner at 2AM, I know what to expect, and I'm pretty calm. What a sad state of affairs.

Back
Top Bottom