LTC officer in Lowell

I feel Chambersbos' pain. I've had target and hunting in Lowell for just over 6 years. The licensing officer recently told me that I need to become a victim of a crime or own a business before I could ask for no restrictions. Since I actually do own a small business, it'll be less painfull to go that route.
I'm just waiting for a few weeks with no shootings around here.[banghead]

I feel Chambersbos' pain. I've had target and hunting in Lowell for just over 6 years. The licensing officer recently told me that I need to become a victim of a crime or own a business before I could ask for no restrictions. Since I actually do own a small business, it'll be less painfull to go that route.
I'm just waiting for a few weeks with no shootings around here.[banghead]
Reason for requesting unrestricted license: Protection against Lowell PD during traffic stop

Sounds like they are worse then Gemme-Ville

Lowell makes Gemme look like a lightweight/softy. Worcester sucks but not nearly as bad as most of the other red towns.... at least Worcester is often game-able... Lowell, etc, forget it.

-Mike

Let's not forget the advertising catch phrase, "There's a lot to like about Lowell". This is just another example.

Wish you had your phone out when she started talking about that.

Me too, another thing I forgot to mention, while she was talking about domestic violence and restraining orders, she told all of us to NOT LISTEN TO A LAWYER, A POLICE OFFICER IS RIGHT MORE THAN A LAWYER. Can't wait to tell this to my other professor who is a lawyer.

Me too, another thing I forgot to mention, while she was talking about domestic violence and restraining orders, she told all of us to NOT LISTEN TO A LAWYER, A POLICE OFFICER IS RIGHT MORE THAN A LAWYER. Can't wait to tell this to my other professor who is a lawyer.

Typical....Trying to brainwash the masses against refusing talking to the police and obtaining real legal advice.

Oh my God, please allow me to vent. So college classes just started up at UML and one class I am taking is on domestic violence. The normal professor is really cool, works at the Lowell PD.

Tonight there was a "substitute." the substitute happened to be the licensing officer for Lowell PD, in fact that is how she introduced herself, as the licensing officer. So of course, she has no lesson plan and basically has an open forum on policing. ( she worked in domestic cases for a number of years).so of course my first question was, "how hard is it to get an unrestricted LTC-A."

She responded simply, " you won't get it unless you are an LEO, or a business owner that carries large sums of cash, AND THAT'S THE STATE's LAW, NOT JUST LOWELL."
i laughed in her face I said, " I got an unrestricted LTC-A and I'm not any of those, so clearly your chief is setting his own standards."

She immediately says " I make the decision, the chief has too much on his plate to handle this."

At this point I just bite my tongue and maintain my bearing. She asked me what town I got my license, I didn't answer her... Then for the rest of the class she would be talking about domestic violence and she kept referring to me saying if I responded to a home and someone had guns, they would be taken away In a heartbeat. And if I ever did a motor vehicle stop on you, my gun would be in your face before I even asked you anything.

She says " citizens have no reason to carry a gun concealed and if you live in Lowell you will Not get an unrestricted license, and if you don't have a reason other than 'all lawful purposes' you won't get an LTC-A"

GOD I WAS SO PISSED WALKING OUT OF THAT CLASSROOM...

So if you live in Lowell, good luck getting your license.

I'm speechless. That is freakin ridiculous

When I was an undergrad studying CJ I took a transfer class at UML taught by Ofer Zmiri; best class I ever took in college hands down. IIRC it was on the South Campus (the shitty area). Damn, what a nasty area, and you couldn't carry because it was held on UML campus.

this is what sucks about college, they can bring in anyone to 'lecture' to the class on his/her opinion.
Look at the number of idiots Harvard has had in there...!!

opinions are like a**h***s, everyone has one...

I lived in Lowell for close to 11 years. I was granted a restricted A under the same officer who essentially said the same thing about CCW, that there were more than enough cops in the city, so nobody "needs" to carry a gun.

This was for my renewal and I really didn't feel like dealing with the hassle she very obviously represented - reminded me of the old cop I talked to at Boston Police HQ when asking about LTC-A - "don' even ****in' bother" he said. Granted, she was nicer, but still, the haughty arrogance of determining what I "need" and to suggest that there were more than enough inept Lowell cops on the street to "protect" me?

Meh. What are they going to do? Protect me from an already injured pit bull by shooting it in the head at close range, then telling the neighbors to shut the **** up? That's happened.

Protect me? How about the time when someone DID try to kick in my door in downtown Lowell? WHen I was berated by the responding officer -- 10 MINUTES LATER -- "it was probably a neighbor, back from the bars and lost." Yeah, buddy, on a Tuesday??? at 2AM? he was actually more upset that he had to come by than he was interested in figuring out what happened.

Im from a cop family. I try to respect cops, I really do, but that department is trash through and through. The few good cops I knew there are retiring, replaced by young townies, not exactly the place I'd want to spend anymore time in than absolutely neccessary.

My school was graced by the "guest lecturer" Edie Brickell - she had one song in like 1990 and married Paul Simon.

This was a writing class. SHe told us, and apparently, she's said it enough time to piss Henry Rollins off once. "doin' songs ain't notihing but paintin' pictures."

I wanted to scream. Philosophy is NOT on the back of a cereal box, you simpleton twit!!!! Rant off. I need to work off this NyQuil Haze and you guys aren't helping.

this is what sucks about college, they can bring in anyone to 'lecture' to the class on his/her opinion.
Look at the number of idiots Harvard has had in there...!!

opinions are like a**h***s, everyone has one...

My school was graced by the "guest lecturer" Edie Brickell - she had one song in like 1990 and married Paul Simon.

This was a writing class. SHe told us, and apparently, she's said it enough time to piss Henry Rollins off once. "doin' songs ain't notihing but paintin' pictures."

I wanted to scream. Philosophy is NOT on the back of a cereal box, you simpleton twit!!!! Rant off. I need to work off this NyQuil Haze and you guys aren't helping.

Well, she self admitted that she's not aware of too many things. So no surprises there. [wink]

I dont know if she was aware we all knew she was baked. granted, it was an english course, so a lot of my fellow students were downright crescent fresh, but still. Now I have that damned song stuck in my head!!!!

Well, she self admitted that she's not aware of too many things. So no surprises there. [wink]

When teachers or substitutes speak to a class are they considered to have given permission to be audio recorded?

Don't forget to check university policy on recording classes. Most if the schools I have attended have policies against it.

I've actually dealt with her on a few occasions (online) and she seems like a nice lady but i also fall into the "business owner" category so my experiences with getting an LTC and the majority of people looking for one in lowell will probably differ.

Back
Top Bottom