Living with guns on probation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a firearms related question and I heard this was the go-to firearms question forum, so here's my question, please judge me and comment on my poor life choices without answering my question, because that's exactly what I need to turn my life around. Thank you!

+2

Try reading your own link.

Or not. Your choice.

Ok, let's try this one more time:

"Continuance without a finding" means the order of a court, following a formal submission and acceptance of a plea of guilty or an admission to sufficient facts, whereby a criminal case is continued to a date certain without the formal entry of a guilty finding.

Following a formal submission of a plea of guilty or an admission of sufficient facts.

Are you illiterate?

"Continuance without a finding" means the order of a court, following a formal submission and acceptance of a plea of guilty or an admission to sufficient facts, whereby a criminal case is continued to a date certain without the formal entry of a guilty finding.

Following a formal submission of a plea of guilty or an admission of sufficient facts.

Are you illiterate?

No, but thanks for checking.

I'm on probation under a continuation without finding from Massachusetts but live in NH (probation was transferred to NH). I have no conviction but am charged with two misdemeanors and a felony for possession, intent to distribute, and knowing being present where heroin is kept. I do not own guns but my fiance does. Why can't he keep them in our house even if they are in a locked gun cabinet?

Like the others have said, the big issue is you. You might be at legal risk (Felony for FIP or similar, or violating the probation) if things aren't done correctly. You both really need to see a lawyer about this.

-Mike

Welcome to NES.

This place is like the weather in New England. One day everyone is all in love with each other and full of praise for how great everyone here is (and many are). They next day everybody is super eager to piss vinegar all over each other, insult people by saying their questions are stupid etc (sometimes the questions are).

Put on an extra suit of thick skin all ye who login here.

As someone mentioned you will and have got the best answer you can get to your question here, that being seek out a lawyer for legal advice.

I hope all goes well.

Are you illiterate?

I had a mailing list of 12 good lawyers debating this topic. It's no where as simple as you make it out to be. There is also case law that severely undercuts your position. A group of learned lawyers with a 100 or more combined years experience were not completely settled on where CWOFs fall. At best, CWOFs are something in between a guilty and a not guilty while being closer to not guilty than a nolo. But they are not equal to a guilty, that is for sure.

This is the most you're going to get from this website. Plenty of users here are happy to speculate based on the VERY limited information you've provided (and even more limited legal knowledge they possess), but taking legal advice from an internet forum is a great way to get a one way ticket back to prison.

Sadly the bolded part is potential reality and why the OP should IMMEDIATELY seek legal advice. My suggestion would be to contact either Penny Dean or Evan Nappen, both esteemed firearms attorneys in NH for legal advice. A wrong step can lead to a jail sentence and charges for the other party and it's just not worth the risk following any other advice any of us (even those of us who are well-meaning) might give you.

Good luck.

Thank you for that. Nobody knows my situation. My charges happened from me being in a three year abusive relationship. The day I was arrested my ex threatened my life if I didn't go with him. I'm not a heroin user, I was guilty by association!

I'd prefer people with intelligent things to say pertaining to my boyfriends 2nd amendment rights only reply. Nobody cares for Drama, go to Facebook with that crap.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Your poor life choices indicate that you probably shouldn't even be near firearms. Many of the people here (gun owners) have been victims of people like you and your poor decision making. Please save the "I'm turning my life around drama for the 6 O'clock news.

I'm on probation under a continuation without finding from Massachusetts but live in NH (probation was transferred to NH). I have no conviction but am charged with two misdemeanors and a felony for possession, intent to distribute, and knowing being present where heroin is kept. I do not own guns but my fiance does. Why can't he keep them in our house even if they are in a locked gun cabinet?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Who said he can't keep them in the house if they're locked--I'm guessing the court or probation officer?

anywho, regardless of what you did or didn't do or what a CWOF is, YOU'RE ON PROBATION. That means instead of being in jail right now you get to be on this side of the wall but with restrictions. you do what you're told by the court or the judge or go to jail because that's what you agreed to do.

Sanbar7, listen to those that told you to see a lawyer. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom