Linsky after bump stocks AND pre ban mags !!!!!!!!!

You don’t even need live rounds - just brass. How much money would be spent chasing nothing - you want to play and whip people into a froth, let’s play - it costs us nothing.

I saw this posted elsewhere earlier today:
There are 30,000 gun related deaths per year by firearms, and this number is not disputed. The U.S. population is 324,059,091 as of June 22, 2016. Do the math: 0.000000925% of the population dies from gun related actions each year. Statistically speaking, this is insignificant! What is never told, however, is a breakdown of those 30,000 deaths, to put them in perspective as compared to other causes of death:

• 65% of those deaths are by suicide, which would never be prevented by gun laws.
• 15% are by law enforcement in the line of duty and justified.
• 17% are through criminal activity, gang and drug related or mentally ill persons – better known as gun violence.
• 3% are accidental discharge deaths.
So technically, "gun violence" is not 30,000 annually, but drops to 5,100. Still too many? Now lets look at how those deaths spanned across the nation.
• 480 homicides (9.4%) were in Chicago
• 344 homicides (6.7%) were in Baltimore
• 333 homicides (6.5%) were in Detroit
• 119 homicides (2.3%) were in Washington D.C. (a 54% increase over prior years)

So basically, 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities. All 4 of those cities have strict gun laws, so it is not the lack of law that is the root cause.

This basically leaves 3,825 for the entire rest of the nation, or about 75 deaths per state. That is an average because some States have much higher rates than others. For example, California had 1,169 and Alabama had 1.

Now, who has the strictest gun laws by far? California, of course, but understand, it is not guns causing this. It is a crime rate spawned by the number of criminal persons residing in those cities and states. So if all cities and states are not created equal, then there must be something other than the tool causing the gun deaths.

Are 5,100 deaths per year horrific? How about in comparison to other deaths? All death is sad and especially so when it is in the commission of a crime but that is the nature of crime. Robbery, death, rape, assault are all done by criminals. It is ludicrous to think that criminals will obey laws. That is why they are called criminals.

But what about other deaths each year?
• 40,000+ die from a drug overdose–THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT!
• 36,000 people die per year from the flu, far exceeding the criminal gun deaths.
• 34,000 people die per year in traffic fatalities(exceeding gun deaths even if you include suicide).

Now it gets good:
• 200,000+ people die each year (and growing) from preventable medical errors. You are safer walking in the worst areas of Chicago than you are when you are in a hospital!
• 710,000 people die per year from heart disease. It’s time to stop the double cheeseburgers!

So what is the point? If the liberal loons and the anti-gun movement focused their attention on heart disease, even a 10% decrease in cardiac deaths would save twice the number of lives annually of all gun-related deaths (including suicide, law enforcement, etc.). A 10% reduction in medical errors would be 66% of the total number of gun deaths or 4 times the number of criminal homicides ................ Simple, easily preventable 10% reductions! So you have to ask yourself, in the grand scheme of things, why the focus on guns? It's pretty simple:

Taking away guns gives control to governments. The founders of this nation knew that regardless of the form of government, those in power may become corrupt and seek to rule as the British did by trying to disarm the populace of the colonies. It is not difficult to understand that a disarmed populace is a controlled populace.

Thus, the second amendment was proudly and boldly included in the U.S. Constitution. It must be preserved at all costs. So the next time someone tries to tell you that gun control is about saving lives, look at these facts and remember these words from Noah Webster: "Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed."

It’s not the lack of laws, it’s lack of Morality."

this is too complex for the short minded gun grabbers. So I explain it like this with a thing we all do every day as reference point.

there are apx 320 murders from ANY type a rifle in a given year
there are last year there were over 40,000 deaths from car accidents.

So the point I drive home is you are literally over 100x more likely to die in a car crash than to be murdered by ANY rifle of ANY kind

And what about the next mass shooting, and the one after that (each bigger than the last)?

The left has already proved they are dismantling the 2A for decades now with the help of the RINOs. They normalize ten round mags, then it's goodbye semi auto rifles, and then autoloading pistols. In MA and CA at least.

Just be aware the people who are pushing gun control also love legalized murder in abortion and also sodomy (oh wait that might offend some one who has no shame). "The law of the land" They say, but the law of the land to them had to overturn the previous law of the land to make evil good and good evil. Hmmmm...

Just called the house clerks office and got the full text of the legislation...

An Act prohibiting large capacity feeding devices and devices that increase the rate of discharge of a weapon.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:
Section 131M of Chapter 140 of General Laws, is hereby amended by striking out in line 2 after the word “weapon” the following: “or a large capacity feeding device”; line 3 after the year “1994”, by inserting “or a large capacity feeding device” and by inserting after the second paragraph the following:-
“Whoever possesses, owns or offers for sale any device which is designed to increase the rate of discharge of a rifle, shotgun or firearm or alters any rifle, shotgun or firearm with the intent to increase its rate of discharge, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison by not less than three nor more than twenty years.”

LOL... that's not vague at all. Trigger jobs? Different triggers? New spring? Lube? All of those potentially increase the rate of fire. My own damn finger twitching faster?

An unintended consequence of this bill will effect us green card holders. What the point of having a MG if we cant have a magazine?
Last time I checked, there were no 10 round magazines available for my S&W 76.

My prediction for MA: Bump stocks are done, preban mags probably not.

My prediction for me: I'm in NH in a few years. Blood pressure ain't worth it -- and I'm always up there camping and hiking.

Mike

I'm heading for South Carolina when my daughter graduates college in a couple of years, taking my pre-ban mags and my business with me.

Glad we have a place in ME. NFW I'm getting rid of my pre-ban mags. I'll keep them there if I have to. These people are morons. Really should just move away.

Glad we have a place in ME. NFW I'm getting rid of my pre-ban mags. I'll keep them there if I have to. These people are morons. Really should just move away.

You're missing the point.

Not everyone in MA has this option. I have a place in NH, but it doesn't make me any less pissed off about how I will be limited when I'm here

No I fully get it and I'm as unhappy as you are. I don't want to have to hide my stuff in Maine or move for that matter. But I'm not going to turn in my mags either.

You don’t even need live rounds - just brass. How much money would be spent chasing nothing - you want to play and whip people into a froth, let’s play - it costs us nothing.
It would be like chum in the water,the sharks would truly be out.

LOL... that's not vague at all. Trigger jobs? Different triggers? New spring? Lube? All of those potentially increase the rate of fire. My own damn finger twitching faster?

ban caffeine because you can get jittery thereby increasing rate of fire. sound stupid? well its covered by the ambiguity of that verbiage.

Feel free to pass this on to the so called " Betters "

pEVvfAurrDkiXj-KFOnG_qwpodPS884tZMIHjMLe8qk.png

A Mass Rep Looking for Sexy Goats said:
An Act prohibiting large capacity feeding devices and devices that increase the rate of discharge of a weapon.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:
Section 131M of Chapter 140 of General Laws, is hereby amended by striking out in line 2 after the word “weapon” the following: “or a large capacity feeding device”; line 3 after the year “1994”, by inserting “or a large capacity feeding device” and by inserting after the second paragraph the following:-
“Whoever possesses, owns or offers for sale any device which is designed to increase the rate of discharge of a rifle, shotgun or firearm or alters any rifle, shotgun or firearm with the intent to increase its rate of discharge, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison by not less than three nor more than twenty years.”

Rate would refer to how fast the event occurs (muzzle velocity) - frequency would be number of occurrences of an event per unit time.

Don't buy that +P ammo....

Am I missing how this is any less unconstitutional than the California pre-ban mag grab that got slapped down in the 11th hour by the courts?
Also F-that POS and his SEG.

I Hate David Linsky was my previous autosignature here.

But seriously, he is a leftivist puckering ahole.

Money inbound to Comm2A!

Back
Top Bottom