Linsky after bump stocks AND pre ban mags !!!!!!!!!

Pure comedy

From the leftist perspective the only "Glaring Loopholes" in the law is that all of you folks in mass still have ANY guns in your possession.

If you dont realize that the above is the starting point for all democrat arguments on the subject then you need to wake up

I thought Bruce Tar was on the 2nd Amendment side and the side of the people.
So they are going to ban these devices so that only a murderer who could care less about the laws here in MA will posess them...

While infringing on the rights of honest citizens..

What's next.. Mandatory 10 lb triggers on all firearms in MA for safety's sake?[rolleyes]

All the while this states DA's will never prosecute any felons that are caught with said devices....

More useless public grandstanding by our politicians to an uneducated citizen!

Actual crime reduction=Zero!

Last edited:
Let me get this straight if Linskeys bill passes do we have to turn in high cap pre ban mags the ones they have told us are fine for 20 years

This is all I needed to read: "[FONT=&amp]Senate Minority Leader Bruce Tarr has proposed expanding the state's ban on machine guns to include "bump stocks" and "trigger cranks" designed to alter the firing rate of a firearm, rifle or shotgun.[/FONT]"

Enemy of the people and part of the problem. He may as well be the majority whip.

This is all I needed to read: "[FONT=&amp]Senate Minority Leader Bruce Tarr has proposed expanding the state's ban on machine guns to include "bump stocks" and "trigger cranks" designed to alter the firing rate of a firearm, rifle or shotgun.[/FONT]"

Enemy of the people and part of the problem. He may as well be the majority whip.

The rational person in me says:
I suppose he's been told that something will pass, and that if the only option includes Linsky's magazine grab that will also get through.

The freedom loving person in me says:
I'm f*((*ing pissed. The legislature "sent a letter" when Maura issued her edict and then did nothing. Yet they're going to pass some crap like this within a couple of weeks at most. They completely abdicated their DUTY in writing laws and let the AG craft her own laws out of whim.

This is all I needed to read: "[FONT=&]Senate Minority Leader Bruce Tarr has proposed expanding the state's ban on machine guns to include "bump stocks" and "trigger cranks" designed to alter the firing rate of a firearm, rifle or shotgun.[/FONT]"

Also, not very well versed on the state's firearm laws (shocker, I know). After all, MA doesn't ban machine guns, it simply requires a separate license to possess them (MA Resident License to Possess a Machine Gun, sometimes called a "green card" due to the green stripe across the top).

It was my interpretation that the Tarr bill would place bumps and cranks on the MG list. Meaning still legal. You'd just have to have the requisite permission slip this side of the wall.

Do you guys not realize this is damage control? We're getting a bump stock ban in Mass no matter what. I'm inclined to believe that Tarrs bill is to avoid the mag ban.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Tarr was supposed to be one of the good guys.
Oh well.
No way around it, we will get a bump stock ban.

We can let other stuff get banned as well in order to prove we never give in, or we can limit damage - and redouble our efforts to get bills favorable to us passed.

This bill can also deprive Linskey of a victory which, in and of itself, it a worthy goal.

Another feel good law at the expense of the innocent law abiding people of MA.
I'm so glad all the criminals will fully comply with this new law.

WTF...

It's ok, we are just tactfully withdrawing..

Until there is no place to withdraw to.....

Oh well, down South with my rebel flag. Here I come...

Let me get this straight if Linskeys bill passes do we have to turn in high cap pre ban mags the ones they have told us are fine for 20 years

Turn in is an option, sell out of state or permanently disable would probably be good too. They don’t actually think this will change anything other than a pile on charge for legal gun owners / gang bangers and illegals will continue to get the pass.

I have to wonder since,there are no legal reduced capacity links that are not "..readily converted to acceptmore.." and all prebans will be banned.

Is it constitutional to ban all ammo that my gun uses?
I know some will say there is no constitutional right own a MG...
But
Buying a mg is no different than buying any other firearm except the 200 tax and year wait.

So MA can tax me to have a MG license then ban all the ammo and therefore its use?

Doesnt sound very american to me....

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the same thing without the pre-ban confiscation, though written better. Why would the dems want that, when the mags were the real point of their bill?

https://malegislature.gov/Bills/190/SD2348

The mags are the real point of the Linskey bill. I doubt the majority of the legislature is interested in touching the hot button of mass confiscation of private property. Confiscation/banning of bump stocks will slide under the radar since so few are effected.

Linskey is trying to pull a fast one, and was well prepared to be the first to get to the press. Tarr is offering a damage control option that will have an easier time getting traction, and deprive Linskey of a victory.

The mags are the real point of the Linskey bill. I doubt the majority of the legislature is interested in touching the hot button of mass confiscation of private property. Confiscation/banning of bump stocks will slide under the radar since so few are effected.

Linskey is trying to pull a fast one, and was well prepared to be the first to get to the press. Tarr is offering a damage control option that will have an easier time getting traction, and deprive Linskey of a victory.

Especially since they even have conservatives saying they're on board. I hope you're right about them not wanting to touch it, but they've proven pretty spineless on these matters before. I dunno, I see the legislature majority as pushing Linsky's pile of crap as an appeal to be rid of the evil bump-fire stocks, while not even mentioning the pre-bans, so it'll slip under the radar without backlash from the general public. I have seen at least two newspapers do exactly this so far. It's not like the majority of Mass voters give a damn if those ammosexuals have their phallus replacement toys taken away.

I havent seen the txt yet, but this isnt about bump stocks.if passed this will be used to justify the next ban.
HD.4266; An Act Prohibiting large capacity feeding devices and devices that increase the rate of discharge of a weapon, would ban any device designed to increase the rate of discharge of a weapon, as well as ban the sale of all large capacity feeding devices.

Your target trigger is now a MG conversion device..
Different buffers/springs, BCG are now mg conversion device.

While these parts are functionality almost the same as standard parts, look at the wild claims that manufacturers use in advertising that enevitably will be used against them/us

The average MA legislator still gets his press release for passing Tarr’s bill, which as Rob notes will face far less resistance from those on Beacon Hill with half a brain in their heads.

Back
Top Bottom