Life is good

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
Last night my 15 yo granddaughter said, "Will you take me to the range Saturday, so I can shoot your AK47?" [smile]

She has her own Henry Lever gun, but I guess she wants to move on up.

Or maybe it's because I gave her a 'KalashniKitty' T-shirt for Christmas [smile][smile]

Well I took the granddaughter to Strickland's to get some .22 ammo for her Henry. (WOW has ammo skyrocketed!)

She looked in the cases there and said, "It's my 16th birthday in October, will you buy me that gun?" [smile] PROUD GRANDPA !!!

We got the ammo, and took it with my AK and SKS and a DW 22 kframe.

kalashkitty%20500x996.jpg

amandasks%20500x348.jpg

She shot the AK and SKS but admitted she didn't care for them as they kick too much. I told her she's still small and she'll grow into them.

She shot her Henry some but loved the DW revolvers.

Looks like I have to find her one for her birthday!

There's hope yet!! [crying][smile][wink] Keep up the good fight people!! Brings a tear to my eye this wonderful news!
Must have been "Bring the 15 year old to the Range" day...spent a couple of cold but fun hours there today and got my daughter familiar with the M1 Carbine & Garand.
cap004.jpg

Her 16th is in June. She hasn't asked for a Garand...yet...

Dennis, OnTheRoad - you should bring those girls to Harvard on Patriots Day weekend - we'll teach them how to use those slings right! And best of all? They shoot FREE. (well, you guys get to supply them with ammo... and I have to check, but I think that they have to pay the range fee - $10/day).

Either way, it's still GREAT training for them! And while I'm not sure how many under-18 year olds are coming, my 18 year old niece may be coming down for it. (and strangely enough... here's a pic of Liz when SHE was 15!)

DSCF0168.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a pic of my daughter when she was 9 shooting "her" .22 Marlin. For her 13th birthday, I bought a Beretta Neos U22 for her use. I also have a Kar 98 Mauser that will be hers one day (her COD gaming name is Car98). Not only is it great that the youngsters are into safe firearms handling but that they are females also!

Last edited:
Must have been "Bring the 15 year old to the Range" day...spent a couple of cold but fun hours there today and got my daughter familiar with the M1 Carbine & Garand.

Her 16th is in June. She hasn't asked for a Garand...yet...

That smile says it all. [party] Hopefully she's hooked. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom