license required?

I had to flash the ltc for a few 30rd preban's last summer. They didnt look at it long enough to even read my name, seems like they just wanted to see if something existed that looked like a ltc.

IN Massachusetts is a firearms license required to sell or purchase a magazine only?
you can buy any 10rd mag online with no need for any license, from any site that still ships to MA.
if police will search you on a street and find this mag with ammo in it and no license on you - you may have problems.

Magazines that hold 10 rounds or fewer are unregulated in Mass. Literally no mention of them in law. (that I can remember)

Magazines that hold 11 or more rounds require an LTC to possess.

That doesn’t mean some shop or online vendor won't require you have an LTC or FID to sell to you, but it's not a legal requirement.

Dude...that was EPIC. I understand that 15 years ago $8 was "More money" but to go to all that effort for that amount is awesome. [rockon]

I know it was not about the $, that it was poor business practice, and sh!tty customer service. One of my pet peeves. D'Angelo's riled me up 35+ years ago, and I still hate them, and will not go there. [laugh]
It was strictly the principle of the matter. Otherwise, I was in Waltham on business frequently back then, so I wasn't going out of my way to deal with this problem child.

It was strictly the principle of the matter. Otherwise, I was in Waltham on business frequently back then, so I wasn't going out of my way to deal with this problem child.
Oh, I get it...but you might want to edit your first post, or put in footnotes, explaining terms like, "Fax," to the youngsters. [rofl]

Magazines that hold 10 rounds or fewer are unregulated in Mass. Literally no mention of them in law. (that I can remember)

Magazines that hold 11 or more rounds require an LTC to possess.

That doesn’t mean some shop or online vendor won't require you have an LTC or FID to sell to you, but it's not a legal requirement.
Technically, this only applies to handgun and rifle magazines. Shotgun magazines are capped at 5, but that's such an outlier topic that I'm really just being pedantic here

Technically, this only applies to handgun and rifle magazines. Shotgun magazines are capped at 5, but that's such an outlier topic that I'm really just being pedantic here

Good point.

I hadn’t considered 6+ round detachable shotgun box magazines.

That’s a pretty small edge case isn’t it?

When I think of detachable magazines for shotguns I think of big snail drum things, not lower capacity ones between 6 and 10 rounds.

Are there many of those I’m not aware of‘cuz I’m not a tactical shotgun guy?

Good point.

I hadn’t considered 6+ round detachable shotgun box magazines.

That’s a pretty small edge case isn’t it?

When I think of detachable magazines for shotguns I think of big snail drum things, not lower capacity ones between 6 and 10 rounds.

Are there many of those I’m not aware of‘cuz I’m not a tactical shotgun guy?
I don't think they're terribly common, though models with 10rd mags are becoming moreso in the last couple years

Back
Top Bottom