• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Weapons case against Norton man dismissed, appeal filed over suspension of gun license

The weapons seizure and Robinson’s arrest came amid an investigation into an incident where a bullet was fired into a motorcycle repair business next door to Robinson’s house about four weeks earlier.
So the business next door had a round fired into the building next door, they think it possibly came from a neighbor, they search if the neighbor has a LTC/firearms REGISTERED to him

In a motion asking the court to dismiss the case, a prosecutor wrote the government was “unable to meet the burden required to proceed on this matter given further investigation into the Defendant’s license to carry and items seized.”
I can't figure out what they mean by this.

Police also executed a search warrant and seized 13 firearms, including an AR-15-style assault rifle and high-capacity magazines, and two privately-made Glock pistols with no serial numbers.Puller said the high-capacity magazines were legally purchased before they were banned by the state and are legal for him to possess.
Sounds like they did not want to put the way they interpret the laws to the test

Robinson pleaded innocent last Friday to unlicensed possession of an AR-15-style assault rifle and 14 counts of possession of a large capacity feeding device.
He was arrested on a warrant four weeks after police responded to an incident where a bullet was fired into a motorcycle repair business next door to Robinson’s house.
No injuries were reported.
Robinson has not been charged with the incident, which police say remains under investigation, declining further comment.
Days after the incident, police seized 13 various firearms during a search of Robinson’s home, in addition to 14 high capacity magazines, a large amount of ammunition, and two privately made Glock pistols with no serial numbers, authorities said.

Police also seized an AR-15-style rifle and a trigger that investigators say is capable of turning a firearm into a fully automatic weapon that can fire multiple rounds with one squeeze of the trigger.
A prosecutor argued Robinson, who had a firearms license until police suspended it after the search, should be held because possessing the two Glock pistols and the high-capacity magazines was “inherently” a danger.
unlicensed with a LTC
Binary trigger?
Glocks !!!!!1!!!!!!!!11!!!!

I can't figure out what they mean by this.!
It means that:

(a) They could not find any charges to file based on the guns/mags found during a search of his residence
(b) They could make a ballistic match to the rounds fired into the business
(c) There were no witnesses or other evidence
(d) The guy likely STFUed so they could not twist his words and finally
(e) There is a very real chance he was innocent

Wonder what this fire drill cost him? Lose no matter what
my guess would be from $20k to $25k, but we have no idea if he also lost his employment, lost any property - most likely lost all guns, etc.
when they do it to people they know that the process alone is a sufficient punishment to make everybody else afraid if that may/will be done to them.

One word: weird. Shows that the law, as written, doesn't really matter to the police. Sometimes, they will just arrest you anyway. 🤔
Police do that out of an abundance of caution. They figure that a judge can always release you from jail at any time and order the police to reinstate your LTC and return your shit. Moms Demanding Action and the rest of the anti-gun loonies are watching. Police chiefs know this. They figure better safe than sorry to protect their jobs. I don't agree with that way of thinking, but here in Massachusetts it is what it is.

Also good luck getting that stuff transferred back to him out of the bonded warehouse
It would not have been transferred to a bonded warehouse while evidence of a crime and, once transferred, the police would lose the ability to refuse to return it. His attorney should have already included a demand the guns be returned to an LTC holder of the subject's choosing (possible to do without a state licensed dealer since this was not a 209A confiscation). He was lucky the state did not require forfeiture of the guns as a condition of dripping charges.

I wonder… I think this guy filed an appeal against the CoP in 2020. Now in 2023 he gets the special treatment. Hmmmm.

Link does not work. You have to go to www.masscourts.org, the case search. Use Attleboro district court and "Mario Robinson" as the search name. It shows two LTC appeals, one with filed on 11/2/20 with a hearing on 1/6/21. The disposition is listed as "pending". There is another one filed 10/27/23 with a hearing scheduled on 12/7/23. Both list the same individual (chief Brian M Clark of Norton) as the defendant.

No interest, but they will return it once his attorney approves. In MA defense counsel has a lien on the bail money for legal fees, and as such gets paid before the defendant does.
That's only if it's been assigned to the lawyer. Most of the time the surety isn't even the client.

So the business next door had a round fired into the building next door, they think it possibly came from a neighbor, they search if the neighbor has a LTC/firearms REGISTERED to him

I can't figure out what they mean by this.

Sounds like they did not want to put the way they interpret the laws to the test

unlicensed with a LTC
Binary trigger?
Glocks !!!!!1!!!!!!!!11!!!!
Says firearms were confiscated days after the incident, and he was arrested on a warrant 4 weeks after the incident.

Sounds like unlawful search and seizure to me. Hope the cops get what they deserve.

Seems like increasingl, the process if the punishmen. Be interesting if the state has to pick up his legal expenses and pay for any damages incurred during the confiscation

Back
Top Bottom