License just arrived...

WanMan99

NES Life Member
NES Member
I just got the call from my local PD that my license was ready to be picked up. It will be interesting to see what (if any) restrictions are on it. I applied for a LTC A (all lawful puposes) 5 weeks ago. The lady that does the permit processing was extremely nice as well as the detective that processed the finger printing.
After reading about some of the towns in this state I feel lucky to be in a green one.
Now I'll have start thinking about some purchases :)
I have been lurking and reading as much as possible to make sure I start off right (without wasting too much money). Thanks to everyone who post a lot of helpful information!

WanMan!

Congrats!

Welcome to NES.

Become a paid member ($21) and come to a shoot!

There's one coming up in June.

More things to try than you can shake a stick at!

I've never been to one that someone (hell, everyone) didn't offer to let me try there stuff.

Bring some various ammo and your good to go!

I picked it up this morning. LTC A, restrictions = none.
My wish list is simple (don't they all start that way?).
9mm semi (Beretta, Glock or S&W) for target (cheaper ammo and won't get bored as fast as a .22).
.45ACP for home defense (S&W 1911 or similar).
.22 rifle for plinking (open for suggestions on the manufacturer).
AR15 for a long gun (totally overwhelmed by selections so I will keep on reading).
Remington 870 for a shotgun.

All ready thinking about my first trip to Four Seasons......

Glad to hear it came through with no restrictions.
I like your wishlist you got going :) You a member of a club at all?

Joined the NRA today.
Mailing out my check for NES and GOAL tommorow.
I am thinking about joining Bass River Rod and Gun (Cape resident). I will probably go with an existing member once or twice to get a feel for the layout.
Thanks.

I picked it up this morning. LTC A, restrictions = none.
My wish list is simple (don't they all start that way?).
9mm semi (Beretta, Glock or S&W) for target (cheaper ammo and won't get bored as fast as a .22).
.45ACP for home defense (S&W 1911 or similar).
.22 rifle for plinking (open for suggestions on the manufacturer).
AR15 for a long gun (totally overwhelmed by selections so I will keep on reading).
Remington 870 for a shotgun.

All ready thinking about my first trip to Four Seasons......

Beautiful list. You sure have done your homework! Congrats, and welcome.

I just got my LTC a little more than a week ago I had already joined NRA and GOAL and joining Worcester Pistol and Rifle. As for your list, I purchased a S&W 1911 and absolutely love it. It goes everywhere with me!

Thanks for the feedback, every time I look at the S & W line I am more and more impressed. I would love to see a firing range that has some type of "manufacturers day". You could try out multiple models of the same caliber. Get a feel for barrel length, grip type (especially with different capacity mags). Similar to a golf driving range that has a pro shop. I'm sure they are out there (not in Mass I'm sure) I think I'll keep researching bit and maybe buy some used pieces before I finalize (my 9mm purchase at least) what I want.

Thanks for the feedback, every time I look at the S & W line I am more and more impressed. I would love to see a firing range that has some type of "manufacturers day". You could try out multiple models of the same caliber. Get a feel for barrel length, grip type (especially with different capacity mags). Similar to a golf driving range that has a pro shop. I'm sure they are out there (not in Mass I'm sure) I think I'll keep researching bit and maybe buy some used pieces before I finalize (my 9mm purchase at least) what I want.

Just go green and get signed up for the next Group shoot. I bet any Manufacturers Demo day would lack in comparison (There are some people here that need serious help in their addiction). Or if you are on the NH/MA Seacoast area any weekend PM me and I can arrange a trial day for most of those you listed interest in plus a few others.

BTW nice list, almost identical to mine when I started last year. But definitely add a .22 pistol as well. Pays for itself in 3 months of savings, even over 9mm.

Congrats! no restrictions is da bomb!!!

.22 plinker... I love my CZ452. Amazing accuracy, great build quality, reasonable price for what you get. I liked it so much I bought a second! It is a rifle for a lifetime. My kids will be shooting it in another 50 years.

Best,

Rich

Joined the NRA today.
Mailing out my check for NES and GOAL tommorow.
I am thinking about joining Bass River Rod and Gun (Cape resident). I will probably go with an existing member once or twice to get a feel for the layout.
Thanks.

What town on Cape cod? I am waiting for mine in Yarmouth.

Thanks for the advice. That is a sweet looking M-4.
I started off with my first purchase yesterday;
Four Seasons in Woburn
Baretta 92FS 9mm (Carl throws in a free Itac holster with a new 92FS purchase, overall it was an excellent expierience). I picked up 300 rds of 125gr luger (remington).
I will be heading to the range this week with a few friends to try it out. They have several different caliber and makes so it will be fun swapping out for a S&W 357, S&W airweight .38. Walther P22 and a Walther 380. Damn ammo prices are a killer though.

Congrats man! I was chatting with a friend of mine (LEO) and asking him what he thought about my M&P9 purchase (1st gun for me) and he told me that, the M&P9 along with his 92FS9 are two of his most favorite weapons. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your ammo? I will be looking for some this coming Saturday to go shoot my gun for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom