Lexington town Anti-gun rally today

chinalfr

NES Member
Anyone know about this anti-gun rally happening at town of Lexington today? There is a group of anti-gun rallying at the town center.

I only know when my social media page went crazy with pics of the rally. As usual, nothing good is coming out of the speech/rally. Since April 2016, the town has been quite about firearm related topic. Since article 34 was not totally shot down in 2016, it was put on delay. Today rally might fuel this article with more stricter BS.

A lot of places appear to be having rallies and marches in the coming weeks. Take two antacids and check this out:

Women's March

Some other proposed dates are 3/1, 3/14, and mainly 4/20 as a school walkout on the 20 year anniversary of Columbine.

They definitely using this chance to influence the uninformed and aren’t letting a tragedy go to waste.

The people of Lexington today are much different than the people of Lexington 1775!!! Make no mistake, we are dealing with communists who have take over nearly all of our institutions! Just my 2 cents here, but I don't think the people of today understand they are playing with fire.

I think this group is the same group of people rallying at the state house 2 days ago. I search and can’t find any info about this rally. Hence post here.

My Rep, Chris Walsh, says towns/cities can't pass by-laws/ordinances that would restrict firearms ownership/possession and cites this:
"Massachusetts Constitutional amendment : article2 sections 6,8,&3 prohibit any city or town from enacting local ordinances that criminalizes behavior legalized by the legislature....."

I don't know if he is correct, I know towns have certainly tried, and failed, to pass further restrictions.

Of course, as usual, if you make too much of a stink you'll find yourself on the wrong side of suitability.

I think this group is the same group of people rallying at the state house 2 days ago. I search and can’t find any info about this rally. Hence post here.

My guess is they are probably blow-ins trying to reactivate that thing you're talking about. Shitberg & Company are very desperate to do things like that. mda/naig/etc are ironically taking a "shotgun" approach.

My Rep, Chris Walsh, says towns/cities can't pass by-laws/ordinances that would restrict firearms ownership/possession and cites this:
"Massachusetts Constitutional amendment : article2 sections 6,8,&3 prohibit any city or town from enacting local ordinances that criminalizes behavior legalized by the legislature....."

I don't know if he is correct, I know towns have certainly tried, and failed, to pass further restrictions.

Of course, as usual, if you make too much of a stink you'll find yourself on the wrong side of suitability.

The antis are so desperate I don't think they actually care, its all about the signaling/media, etc. Shitberg has done illegal, meaningless stuff in the past strictly to generate press/traction.

The antis are so desperate I don't think they actually care, its all about the signaling/media, etc. Shitberg has done illegal, meaningless stuff in the past strictly to generate press/traction.

It's always okay if an anti breaks a gun law while trying to generate press. If a gun owner breaks a gun law, we end up with f***ing Ruby Ridge at the worst, jail and lifetime prohibited person status at best.

The people of Lexington today are much different than the people of Lexington 1775!!! Make no mistake, we are dealing with communists who have take over nearly all of our institutions! Just my 2 cents here, but I don't think the people of today understand they are playing with fire.
Those who forget to remember history are condemned to repeat it. And Lexington none the less. The place where the American Revolution started... and over the private ownership of weapons against tyranny. Will they be protesting on Patriots day against the Minutemen and for King George? You can't make this stuff up.

right on point ^

a lot of you spend too much time here on nes shaking your fists in the air and don't get out much, huh? i'd bet 1/4 of the residents of lexington are Asian and indian who weren't born in this country. they worship at the house of the benjamin$. a ton of new home buyers come from out of state with an alarmingly amount from California. professionals transplanted for job reasons. you have to be semi wealthy to afford a home in the town. almost all old time residents are aging and I doubt they are parading around the common. developers go door to door making unbelievable offers on homes to these older people in neighborhoods that were built after wwII and run down by Lexington standards. a good friend was offered 550,000 for his mothers run down house when she died, sight unseen on a super tiny lot. they just ripped it down and built a 2 millon dollar home on the site.
point is if there are any Lexington residents marching around the common i'd bet its more carpetbaggers than the old town residents that don't know the history and significance of lexingtons role in our revolution. if you see a group of 5 or more white people in a group downtown you can bet they're tourists. you can see this beginning in concord and bedford too. the landscape is changing people.

I have lived in Bedford for over 20 years and also went to HS in Bedford. I spent a lot of time in Lexington in the 70s. It saddens me to see what has happened to that town. I have often wondered how long until they remove the Minuteman statue on the common because of well, you know, the gun.

I have lived in Bedford for over 20 years and also went to HS in Bedford. I spent a lot of time in Lexington in the 70s. It saddens me to see what has happened to that town. I have often wondered how long until they remove the Minuteman statue on the common because of well, you know, the gun.

They'll just take away the gun and have him holding flowers.

Anyone know about this anti-gun rally happening at town of Lexington today? There is a group of anti-gun rallying at the town center.

Were they wearing red coats? As I recall, the march on Lexington in 1775 was essentially for the same purpose. To take munitions away from the locals. Amazing how history (kind of) repeats itself.

The antis are so desperate I don't think they actually care, its all about the signaling/media, etc. ... has done illegal, meaningless stuff in the past strictly to generate press/traction.

Our side could use more "signaling"/media, etc and press/traction.

I only know about the rally after someone post info on social media. I did post a pic on the NES group on FB.

I did not know NES had "a group" on Facebook.

It's always okay if an anti breaks a gun law while trying to generate press. If a gun owner breaks a gun law, we end up with f***ing Ruby Ridge at the worst, jail and lifetime prohibited person status at best.

Interesting twist on things.

Those who forget to remember history are condemned to repeat it. And Lexington none the less. The place where the American Revolution started... and over the private ownership of weapons against tyranny. Will they be protesting on Patriots day against the Minutemen and for King George? You can't make this stuff up.

Did you see post #4 here?

Someone should drape a black blanket over the gun and stay there watching it the night before Patriot's Day.

Boston has a no ar 15 ordnance correct? So there’s that.

And what is this b.s chicken little crap that if you take a political position or defend the 2A you lose your ltc?

Cowardly b.s.

I drive around Lexington in a muscle car with an NRA sticker on the back just to irritate these snowflakes.

Ha.... My NRA sticker is on my door. Come knock on it. I hope next time they stole another Article 34 yard sign, they will get caught.

Were they wearing red coats? As I recall, the march on Lexington in 1775 was essentially for the same purpose. To take munitions away from the locals. Amazing how history (kind of) repeats itself.

They do have red coats marching down the town common every year. But this is not reenactment time.

Back
Top Bottom