Lexington town Anti-gun rally today

Boston has a no ar 15 ordnance correct? So there’s that.

And what is this b.s chicken little crap that if you take a political position or defend the 2A you lose your ltc?

Cowardly b.s.

Everyone who complies with extra application requirements, according to you, is a coward for not opposing them. Or maybe they know the reality is that suitability lets the CoP do whatever they want. And maybe they don't have the money to fight it.

Or you could fight the Boston no AR ordinance which is clearly against the MA constitution, or are you a coward. More likely you don't see it as a good way to spend your money.

And we aren't talking about "take a political position or defend the 2A", we're talking about openly acting in opposition to a local ordinance. So go right ahead and violate Boston's ordinance, unless you are a coward, and we will both see how it doesn't affect your LTC.

And calling people cowards because they don't have your unlimited wealth for the fight is BS, because CoP's do practise favoritism and if you are a "good guy" things go smooth but if you are a "squeaky wheel" not so much.

If there is any doubt we are dealing with Communists, I refer you to the above photo with the people holding the sign about an outdated Amendment. Next I refer you to the book, The Naked Communist by Cleon Skousen. Chapter 13, The 45 Goals of Communism , "Goal 29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old fashioned, out of step with modern needs..." The Communist 45 Declared Goals were also placed into the Congressional Record in 1963.
Another Goal, # 15, Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States. I first thought this book, The Naked Communist, was written just a few years ago, not the 1950's. I hope many of you will consider adding this book to your reading list.

"Keep your powder dry!"

Someone should have jumped on horse back and rode through the common shouting, "The redcoats are coming".

OMG, like seriously!

Imagine hundreds of GOAL and Com2A members on their motorcycles riding through one of these protest yelling that!

With the names of the Patriots killed that opening day of the revolution on our bikes!

That my friends would be epic!

When looking at multiple incidents of the same type, I am reminded of the investigator's old saying I read a few years ago. Not sure if I am quoting exact. "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, and three (or more ) times is enemy action".

I drive around Lexington in a muscle car with an NRA sticker on the back just to irritate these snowflakes.

Just ask them how many illegals lived under upper crust in the center of town. Yet to meet one that has an answer other than an embarrassed look

A lot of places appear to be having rallies and marches in the coming weeks. Take two antacids and check this out:

Women's March

Some other proposed dates are 3/1, 3/14, and mainly 4/20 as a school walkout on the 20 year anniversary of Columbine.

They definitely using this chance to influence the uninformed and aren’t letting a tragedy go to waste.

Not your fault, but Columbine was 1999.

If we want to play word games, let's always recall that 420 is a pot reference, or that 4/20 is Hitler's birthday (and the reason Kliebold and Harris picked the day).

Post this:
"Massachusetts Constitutional amendment : article2 sections 6,8,&3 prohibit any city or town from enacting local ordinances that criminalizes behavior legalized by the legislature....."

My rep swares this stops local bans....he doesn't respond to my questions about Boston.

Ya know what would make a great Pro-Gun rally. Foxholes around the perimeter of Boston Common...

iu

Ladies Welcome!

iu

Anyone remember that time they denied us use of the common for a rally?

No, but was a permit taken out? Gotta get these things ahead of time, you know. P.S. Patriot's Day is coming. Did you apply to march in the parade?

It gets worse. Received this email from the superintendent. My daughter is not going to participate, nor is she going to "opt out", and F 'em if they don't like it.

February 23, 2018

Dear Lexington Staff, Students, Parents/Guardians:

I hope your February vacation is restful and enjoyable.

This past week, I engaged in many discussions with staff, parents, administrators, and superintendent colleagues regarding the Parkland, Florida tragedy and what we can do together to ensure the safety of our students and staff. As some of us listened to Wednesday night’s CNN Town Hall “Stand Up,” the students of Stoneman Douglas Demand Action remind us of the courage and resiliency of these young students and their families.

Since this horrific tragedy, I have received communications from principals and parents that some students and teachers may want to participate in the upcoming March 14 Nationwide Walkout Day, which marks the one month date of the south Florida shooting. The event calls for students and teachers to walk out of their schools for 17 minutes to honor the 17 lives lost. It is important that we have a coordinated and safe plan for any walk out actions and a coordinated communication plan for staff, students and parents. In addition, an opt out plan will also be developed for students and teachers who choose not to participate in the March 14 Nationwide Walkout Day. I have scheduled a meeting on Monday, March 5th at 9:00 a.m. with all administrators, our police chief and union leaders to discuss this plan. Once a final plan has been developed, details will be communicated to students, staff and parents.

In addition, a meeting will be held on Monday, March 5th at 11:00 a.m. with the Director of Facilities, High School Principal and Police Chief to discuss limiting unlocked doors during the school day at Lexington High School. In an effort to improve security at the High School, in October 2017 Town Meeting approved funding for the engineering/design of a campus wide video monitoring system, similar to ones in place at the elementary and middle schools. This design is nearing completion. The Annual Town Meeting members in March 2018 will be asked to approve funding for the installation of this equipment. The funding request is in Article 20 (h) in the Town Meeting Warrant, which can be found on the Town’s website.

This school year, the Town Manager and School Superintendent, Lexington School Committee and Board of Selectmen have engaged in a dialogue regarding mental health and wellness in our schools and community. Staff from both the schools and town have collaborated together on this important topic to discuss shared resources, needs and priorities. These joint meetings have taken place on September 27, 2017 and February 7, 2018. We are planning three additional joint meetings of the School Committee and Board of Selectmen, tentatively scheduled for March 22, April 26 and May 23.

I want to reiterate that the safety of our students and staff remain our highest priority in Lexington. Our well-established incident command teams, security protocols, and safety procedures ensure that our safety measures are clear, consistent, effective and monitored. We also deeply value our strong and ongoing partnership with Lexington public safety officials. Through joint ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) trainings, collaborative safety practices and shared communication, we are committed to ensuring consistent support and responsiveness to all schools. Together we believe that protecting and supporting the Lexington school community is our greatest responsibility.

The Lexington Public Schools are safe places for students and staff to learn and grow. Our schools are well supported with administrators, counselors, social workers and educators who are ready to help. Members of the counseling department and mental health teams at each of our 9 schools are ready to assist students experiencing heightened anxiety in response to these events. If we can support in any way, please do not hesitate to contact:

Val Viscosi, K-12 Director of Counseling, [email protected]
Stacey Glickman, Assistant Director of Counseling, [email protected]
School principals
School counselors
School social workers

Thank you for your feedback and continued support to ensure the safety of our students and staff. If you have individual questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Respectfully,

Dr. Mary A. Czajkowski
Superintendent of Schools

It gets worse. Received this email from the superintendent. My daughter is not going to participate, nor is she going to "opt out", and F 'em if they don't like it.

February 23, 2018

Dear Lexington Staff, Students, Parents/Guardians:

I hope your February vacation is restful and enjoyable.

This past week, I engaged in many discussions with staff, parents, administrators, and superintendent colleagues regarding the Parkland, Florida tragedy and what we can do together to ensure the safety of our students and staff. As some of us listened to Wednesday night’s CNN Town Hall “Stand Up,” the students of Stoneman Douglas Demand Action remind us of the courage and resiliency of these young students and their families.

Since this horrific tragedy, I have received communications from principals and parents that some students and teachers may want to participate in the upcoming March 14 Nationwide Walkout Day, which marks the one month date of the south Florida shooting. The event calls for students and teachers to walk out of their schools for 17 minutes to honor the 17 lives lost. It is important that we have a coordinated and safe plan for any walk out actions and a coordinated communication plan for staff, students and parents. In addition, an opt out plan will also be developed for students and teachers who choose not to participate in the March 14 Nationwide Walkout Day. I have scheduled a meeting on Monday, March 5th at 9:00 a.m. with all administrators, our police chief and union leaders to discuss this plan. Once a final plan has been developed, details will be communicated to students, staff and parents.

In addition, a meeting will be held on Monday, March 5th at 11:00 a.m. with the Director of Facilities, High School Principal and Police Chief to discuss limiting unlocked doors during the school day at Lexington High School. In an effort to improve security at the High School, in October 2017 Town Meeting approved funding for the engineering/design of a campus wide video monitoring system, similar to ones in place at the elementary and middle schools. This design is nearing completion. The Annual Town Meeting members in March 2018 will be asked to approve funding for the installation of this equipment. The funding request is in Article 20 (h) in the Town Meeting Warrant, which can be found on the Town’s website.

This school year, the Town Manager and School Superintendent, Lexington School Committee and Board of Selectmen have engaged in a dialogue regarding mental health and wellness in our schools and community. Staff from both the schools and town have collaborated together on this important topic to discuss shared resources, needs and priorities. These joint meetings have taken place on September 27, 2017 and February 7, 2018. We are planning three additional joint meetings of the School Committee and Board of Selectmen, tentatively scheduled for March 22, April 26 and May 23.

I want to reiterate that the safety of our students and staff remain our highest priority in Lexington. Our well-established incident command teams, security protocols, and safety procedures ensure that our safety measures are clear, consistent, effective and monitored. We also deeply value our strong and ongoing partnership with Lexington public safety officials. Through joint ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) trainings, collaborative safety practices and shared communication, we are committed to ensuring consistent support and responsiveness to all schools. Together we believe that protecting and supporting the Lexington school community is our greatest responsibility.

The Lexington Public Schools are safe places for students and staff to learn and grow. Our schools are well supported with administrators, counselors, social workers and educators who are ready to help. Members of the counseling department and mental health teams at each of our 9 schools are ready to assist students experiencing heightened anxiety in response to these events. If we can support in any way, please do not hesitate to contact:

Val Viscosi, K-12 Director of Counseling, [email protected]
Stacey Glickman, Assistant Director of Counseling, [email protected]
School principals
School counselors
School social workers

Thank you for your feedback and continued support to ensure the safety of our students and staff. If you have individual questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Respectfully,

Dr. Mary A. Czajkowski

Tell them the teachers/staff that walk out should use their PTO or be docked pay for that time. This is political and not a school activity and you as a taxpayer should not be footing the bill for their political activities. Further, the coordinators of this event should be responsible for any costs incurred because of the walkout including detail officers. They would do it for any other political event. Most schools also have a policy against political activities on school grounds. Are they going to enforce these? Or are they going to let only one side promote what they think should be done. Remember, this is a Woman's March event and they are political.

Tell them the teachers/staff that walk out should use their PTO or be docked pay for that time. This is political and not a school activity and you as a taxpayer should not be footing the bill for their political activities. Further, the coordinators of this event should be responsible for any costs incurred because of the walkout including detail officers. They would do it for any other political event. Most schools also have a policy against political activities on school grounds. Are they going to enforce these? Or are they going to let only one side promote what they think should be done. Remember, this is a Woman's March event and they are political.

And I'm still thinking a 4/19 walk-out of our own should happen, and if there's even the slightest peep about discipline against any student participating, it becomes a federal case (literally).

The people of Lexington today are much different than the people of Lexington 1775!!! Make no mistake, we are dealing with communists who have take over nearly all of our institutions! Just my 2 cents here, but I don't think the people of today understand they are playing with fire.

I live in Lexington and most, not all, folks are self-righteous, condescending white folks oozing with hypocrisy and ignorance!

We scored a minor victory in Lexington, as the superintendent has backpedaled from her previous support of the school walkout. There is no mention of opting out. There is an explicit mention that this is not a school sponsored event, where her previous message implied that it was.

March 9, 2018

Dear Lexington Community,

Over the last two weeks, I have engaged in numerous meetings and conversations with students, parents, faculty and
staff, administrators, area superintendents, the school committee attorney, the police chief, school committee members
and town officials. For all of us, it continues to be difficult to process such a tragic and incomprehensible loss in
Parkland, FL. I deeply thank you for your e-mails, letters and our dialogue over the last two weeks. I take all
communication seriously and under close advisement. I am grateful to be part of such a caring and committed
community.

As you are aware, there has been a call for a National Student Walkout on March 14 at 10:00 a.m. intended to last 17
minutes. Students are responding to this call-to-action uniquely both locally and nationally. According to the event
organizers, the 17 minute time frame represents a way to honor the lives lost and for students to use this opportunity to
exercise their political speech rights regarding issues involving school violence.

Any plans to walk out of school are student-led endeavors and are not school or district-sponsored events. The
Lexington Public Schools takes no stance on any political statement associated with the student-led walkout, but
recognizes the importance of honoring those lost while working to prioritize the safety of all of our students during this
event and minimize the disruption to the educational process. Lexington Public Schools also recognizes the importance
of student voice and the powerful lessons of civic engagement that come as a part of this student run effort.

School safety for students and staff is our top priority, as such only students and staff will be permitted on school grounds
from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m on March 14. The school district recognizes that on March 14 some students may choose to
walk out, while others may choose to remain in classrooms. There is no expectation that students participate in a walkout.
I am working closely with Lexington Police, school administrators, the teachers’ union President, school committee
attorney and middle and high school students on the parameters and logistics for any walkout that may occur, while also
ensuring that learning continues in classrooms as planned. It is important to state that for any students planning to walk
out on March 14, I highly encourage them to remain on the school grounds. These students are also expected to
peacefully assemble and peacefully express themselves in accordance with the Student Handbooks and the Code of
Conduct guidelines. I ask that parents and guardians review these expectations with their children.

Elementary Schools
There will not be a school or district-sponsored walkout at the elementary level. If parents and guardians choose to
sign-out and dismiss their children from the school day, or for a time period of the day, usual school attendance
procedures apply per the District Elementary Handbook. If an elementary school student chooses to walk out of the
school, school administration will require the student to re-enter the school for safety reasons, and administration will
contact the student’s parent immediately. Parents and guardians of elementary students should review this expectation
with their children.

Middle Schools
There will not be a school or district-sponsored walkout at the middle school level. If parents and guardians choose to
sign-out and dismiss their children from the school day, or for a time period of the day, usual school attendance
procedures apply per the Middle School Handbooks. Lexington Public Schools recognizes that there may be some
students who choose to walk out of the middle school on March 14. Middle school principals have identified various
locations on the campus for students to assemble. Teachers and administrators will be expected to supervise students
while on school grounds. If students choose to walk, ride and assemble at the Lexington Battle Green, they do so at their
own peril. Lexington Police will be present at the middle schools and the Lexington Battle Green.
If middle school students choose to walk out of the middle school, the expectation is that they will not leave their
classroom prior to 9:50 a.m. and they must re-enter the school building no later than 10:45 a.m. Attendance will be taken
at 10:45 a.m. Any students not in their assigned middle school classroom by 10:45 a.m. may be subject to student
disciplinary consequences per the Middle School Handbook and Code of Conduct. Parents and guardians of middle
school students should review this expectation with their children.

High School
There will not be a school or district-sponsored walkout at the high school level. If parents and guardians choose to
procedures apply.
Lexington Public Schools recognizes that there may be some students who choose to walk out of school. The high school
principal has identified various locations on the campus for students to assemble. Teachers and administrators will be
expected to supervise students while on school grounds. If students choose to walk, ride and assemble at the Lexington
Battle Green, they do so at their own peril. Lexington Police will be present at the LHS football field and at the Battle
Green.
If high school students choose to walkout of the high school, the expectation is that they will not leave their classroom
prior to 9:50 a.m. and they must re-enter the school building no later than 10:45 a.m. Attendance will be taken at 10:45
a.m. Any students not in their assigned high school classroom by 10:45 a.m. may be subject to student disciplinary
consequences per the High School Handbook and Code of Conduct. Parents and guardians of high school students should
review this expectation with their children.
In closing, school safety for students and staff is of the utmost priority for the Lexington School Committee, school
administrators, faculty and staff, and me. Please do not hesitate to contact the building principals or me with any specific
questions or concerns, and our counselors, social workers, faculty and staff for support. Together we will help in every
way we can. The following are links to available resources for you and your children:
https://www.nasponline.org/resource...ty-and-crisis/talking-to-children-about-viole
nce-tips-for-parents-and-teachers
Shooting Resources | American School Counselor Association (ASCA)

Respectfully,
Mary Czajkowski, Ed.D.

Q: What did you learn at school today little Johnnie?

A: I learned that you can disrupt school nationwide for a minute for each person you kill when you shoot up a school.

Holy CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Not good.

Lexington has eyes on it from around the country in April. You need to put this to your advantage. Take out a permit to march now.

Back
Top Bottom