Let's see those target pictures - post 'em here

Again 3ish moa referbed daisy 853 from CMP and some JSB pellets 25 yards prone in the wind with the daisy sling.

1st ten shots on top then adjusted sights for 2nd 10 shot group pulled one on the 2nd group to the right. think the sling slipped.

Had no trouble connecting at 650, 750, and 1000 yards yesterday with my Savage 12 LRP in 6.5 Creedmoor.

I was initially disappointed in this gun, but the more i shoot it the better it gets. It also likes to run dirty. Clean it and won't group for 15 rounds. 120+ rounds down the tube and no loss of accuracy. It seems to need the powder fouling.

Now at 250 rounds down the tube and the barrel is really coming around and starting to deliver the accuracy i expect. 300 Yard groups were around 2", and rounds were within a few inches of each other at 650 and 750yds (easily holding center, maybe 4" groups on silhouettes).

Below is a 4-shot 100yd sighter group i shot after the long range shooting.

cm.jpg

Last edited:
Had no trouble connecting at 650, 750, and 1000 yards yesterday with my Savage 12 LRP in 6.5 Creedmoor.

I was initially disappointed in this gun, but the more i shoot it the better it gets. It also likes to run dirty. Clean it and won't group for 15 rounds. 120+ rounds down the tube and no loss of accuracy. It seems to need the powder fouling.

Now at 250 rounds down the tube and the barrel is really coming around and starting to deliver the accuracy i expect. 300 Yard groups were around 2", and rounds were within a few inches of each other at 650 and 750yds (easily holding center, maybe 4" groups on silhouettes).

View attachment 171189

That's awesome 6.5 seems to be really nice for accuracy

View attachment 171189

Awesome. I just got one in .260, still waiting for base, dies and cases to arrive before I can take it out, but I will report.

Got my stuff together, found 20 once fired cases at a local shop to load up (still waiting on lapua brass from PV) threw 36gr of varget behind 142 smk's, 36 is right around the middle of rec. loading and saw some people having luck with that load online. I seated them just kissing the lands. I also bought a box of remington hunting crap for sighting in the scope. I got it in the ball park in 3, but those rem loads were jumping everywhere.... anyways, had pretty good luck with my rounds, all are sub 1/2 moa. Looking forward to tuning this load.

b79243cb6399ba8818e9ff21a119904e.jpg

***Ignore the measurements written on pic, a blind old guy (lol) did that for me, some are too big and some are too small. The relevant thing is that they are all slightly under 1/2 moa.

7521d929037d424df2938beede828d4d.jpg

Last edited:
The 69 SMK + 25.3 of varget combination is continuing to work out well. Today was good conditions at the 200 yard range where I managed to produce this:

LLjJsw6.jpg

I think with more practise I should be able to improve this. Finally got down to 0.5moa on the 100 yard range if you measure from the centers of the holes:

LALChFf.jpg

The 69 SMK + 25.3 of varget combination is continuing to work out well. Today was good conditions at the 200 yard range where I managed to produce this:

LLjJsw6.jpg

I think with more practise I should be able to improve this. Finally got down to 0.5moa on the 100 yard range if you measure from the centers of the holes:

LALChFf.jpg

Nice....I tried getting in some 223 AR scope work today after the cmp match...I did better with my iron sights and a rifle I never shot at 200 yards (Swiss K31)
Could just have been burnt out from the match? Any how target was not even worthy of retrieving

- - - Updated - - -

My best target at today's 2700 at scarborough.
View attachment 171760

What game ? Is that a 1000 yard target?

Getting to ZERO'n my new Windham Weaponry black evil AR15 thing with Magpul pro MBUS iron sights. Last time I zeroed a M16 was 45 years ago this month at
Fort Polk Louisiana.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Getting to ZERO'n my new Windham Weaponry black evil AR15 thing with Magpul pro MBUS iron sights. Last time I zeroed a M16 was 45 years ago this month at
Fort Polk Louisiana.

Was that with a A1 or A2..... had a 94 year old WWII vet shoot my A2 AR last summer he was happy .....8 shots in the 10 ring at 100 yards. He then said JFC where was this thing when I needed it, to bad they are not 30 cal. ...when I told him,they do make a 30 cal his response was no shit that would be something.

Was that with a A1 or A2..... had a 94 year old WWII vet shoot my A2 AR last summer he was happy .....8 shots in the 10 ring at 100 yards. He then said JFC where was this thing when I needed it, to bad they are not 30 cal. ...when I told him,they do make a 30 cal his response was no shit that would be something.

A2 rifle with 1 and 9 right hand twist 16" barrel.

Does this count I don't really shoot at paper this is one of my targets, it's a 6"X 8" 1/2 plate most of these shots were taken at 300Yards with anything from a 22 cal through 375 cal.

Dean

PS: you can see most of them are in clusters.

Third time out with my new CZ 527 carbine chambered in .223

20160716_180733_1468706953785_resized.jpg

All at 100 yards.

Nikon Pro Staff 4-12x40

PPU 75 gr Match

and again

Perfecta cheapo 55gr.... very surprised

Perfecta again, quite consistent.

Last edited:
580eb3029aed1c1cd252078a07f08b35.jpg

Sighted in my Savage model 25 Varminter T .222 today. Took 20 rds to get it on paper but these are the results. 3 shots each target, bench rest from 100 yards. Looking forward to pushing it to 200 and 300 yards

I'll play.
5.56 @ 100 with a stray pistol target.
Barrel is armalite NM cut to 18@, with some 77gr fancy factory ammo from federal.
With PRI irons.
Thumb is mine.
image.jpg

Remington 513t again , SK Standard Plus 40gn 1080 fps
100 yards shot in the Thursday after noon thunder storms , elbows on the bench and USGI webbed loop sling.
Shot in about 10 minutes. I left out the few shots in the 9 ring due to the "weather"

Last edited:
Had to re zero my pellet gun to a new pellet.
Took a little dialing in and this scope wonders a bit while adjusting

Last 5 shots in the 10 ring...
50 yards with Discovery 22cal pellet gun. I stopped there sweat was pooring off me by then and I didn't want to ruin a good group. Nice little rifle and with decent pellets will shoot MOA.

Last edited:
Had to get away from the the BAD NEWS
Any how today I got to run out to the range at lunch time. I forgot my sling so my groups where not as good as they should have been, I shot these prone with a old glove protecting my elbow for support.
Basically a ammo comparison, Rifle 1943 Remington 513t with about 250k rounds of abuse through it!
1. 100 yards prone no sling, SK Standard Plus 40 grain 1080 fps not to bad. Again im just shooting for groups not score.

2. 100 yards prone Aguila Super Extra not as good GROUP but beat myself by one point..... any how I was trying to figure out why my rifle was shooting to the right and forgot I had dialed in last week to compensate for a left wind and didn't return my sights to my "known" zero... IF I was centered I would have 1st target would be 9 10s, 1 9 (2X) 2nd would be 7 10s 3 9s

Last edited:
What he said.

Three shot groups, 90 gr SMK's pushed by TAC:
57261aeb7e4afe3b31bbbffc68ff521b.jpg

Would you call this "inconsistent penetration"?
280a61bda45b1824a1e0ee6007061ad9.jpg

I shot them off the top of the target stand...

Here is a pic I took at the range today of my 300 WinMag, with 110gr Vmax and 88gr of RL17. With easy bolt lift to boot so you know what that means there is room for more, I don't have a grouping size since I was shooting at steel plate, but the splats were all clustered together so I figure 1/2" that poor steel plate He, He, He.

Dean

PS: Nice Shooting Blue

I had 2 rifles with me at the range today, here is my 300 WSM with the same 110gr Vmax's and 77gr of RL17.
it had the same spatter as the WinMag

Dean

Back
Top Bottom