Let's see those target pictures - post 'em here

What, shoot slower? Switch back to my VP9? Some days you just gotta bust some caps in your Glock, yo. Besides, I wouldn't want to be that target's liver.
That is pretty much what I do lol. A little slower then most and a vp9.

most likely sent from my bathroom

Yeah, I was on the clock. Had stuff that needed doing, so I sped things up. I doubt I'd get the chance for aimed, slow fire if I ever need to actually pull a gun, so, best try to get used to it on the range before it happens in life (hopefully never).

IMG_20160220_163226282.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] first shots from the 10 gauge. Center holes via saiga. Big holes via the wads.

one of my pistol targets during pat mcnamara TAPS class last weekend, 7-30 yards standing, two hand as well as strong hand/weak hand only.

I took my son to one of my clubs for the Youth Safety Orientation Program, which they require, so that he can shoot with me. The kids used single shot bolt actions. Five shots @ 50 ft.
Both my kids are right handed, left eye dominant. It's a little challenging having them shoot left handed, but they've taken to it extremely well.
2fa2f997f312a94c734ae76873bb0ca3.jpg

37e6e159d2ed89968aa721bfdbb16243.jpg

My daughter having some fun with archery and plinking cans with a BB gun.
7016df455013bb6737871482d49fb72c.jpg

1a4375998fc93d79986d1a2dc615f174.jpg

Last edited:
One target is 15 yards with my vp9 standing stationary. The other is drawing from my holster and double tapping.

023fd8a28f590d2ec9a1159aeb0b3d2c.jpg

Bet you can't guess which is which[emoji3]

One target is 15 yards with my vp9 standing stationary. The other is drawing from my holster and double tapping.

023fd8a28f590d2ec9a1159aeb0b3d2c.jpg

Bet you can't guess which is which[emoji3]

Woops both are 15 yards and both a 40 round 9mm

This was last summer but it always gives me a chuckle. I had completely disassembled my SEI M14 short of removing the barrel from the receiver for a thorough cleaning and inspection...sights removed and taken apart, bolt, everything. Once it was reassembled I took it to the range to sight it in and set up a target at 100m and took a shot (supported on a rest) to see if it was pointed anywhere close to the right direction. Using my spotting scope I surveyed the target to find this;

Nice!

I thought about going today, but my two .22 semi autos are still loaned out from the weekend. I don't want to shoot anything larger $$$ for atleast one week. Or maybe a day or two.

The new scope for my SDM upper arrived today so I just had to sight it in... The pop off a few rounds at 200.

this was just my latest .223 factory vs hand load comparison. 50 yards. 55grain hornady IMR-4064 23.1 grains vs federal.

target.jpg

Not nearly as cool as Sweeny's post assembly shot, but I'm pretty happy with this target:

458.JPG

Haven't shot the .458 SOCOM since the NES Pumpkin Blast, and I decided to put a scope on it before the Spring Trigger Breakout. I have not used this scope in ~3 years, and never on this rifle. 50 yards, dead center. 3rd shot on top, should be perfect for the ~80 yard distance at the next shoot in a couple weeks. Even though I reload for this, nice to not blow through a lot of ammo to sight in.

Not nearly as cool as Sweeny's post assembly shot, but I'm pretty happy with this target:

View attachment 164880

Haven't shot the .458 SOCOM since the NES Pumpkin Blast, and I decided to put a scope on it before the Spring Trigger Breakout. I have not used this scope in ~3 years, and never on this rifle. 50 yards, dead center. 3rd shot on top, should be perfect for the ~80 yard distance at the next shoot in a couple weeks. Even though I reload for this, nice to not blow through a lot of ammo to sight in.

It's nice when things just work!

It's nice when things just work!

Nice, and a bit uncommon in my experience, LOL. If it's 12X max (I think it is), I just found my scope for the new F-Tactical class.

- - - Updated - - -

Breaking in my new Stoeger MK3 , Remington 1oz slugs at 100 yards. First time shooting slugs at that distance. Very happy with this gun.
View attachment 164914

Rifled barrel? Nice shots...

Rifled barrel? Nice shots...
I know nothing about shot guns but am learning as my son and I will be entering the 3gun world. I don't believe the barrel is rifled. One of the shots is mine ,the other is my son's who is 15. I've shot slugs before, he hasn't but neither of us have shot one out to a 100. All of his shot gun experience has been shooting pumpkins! He wasn't thrilled with the recoil even with the "reduced recoil" one ounce slugs from Remington.

20160420_102443.jpg
My son thought it would be cute to adjust my sights for me...all the shots to the right...
Got it back to close enough and 20 shots @ 25 yards with the Daisy 853.
Message_1460839983700.jpg
Then 50 yards with the 22cal air rifle.

- - - Updated - - -

I know nothing about shot guns but am learning as my son and I will be entering the 3gun world. I don't believe the barrel is rifled. One of the shots is mine ,the other is my son's who is 15. I've shot slugs before, he hasn't but neither of us have shot one out to a 100. All of his shot gun experience has been shooting pumpkins! He wasn't thrilled with the recoil even with the "reduced recoil" one ounce slugs from Remington.

Best bet for low recoil is cast your own and load them light

I tried my New Vortex 4-12x44 for the 1st time at 100yds today and out of the Box it was 6 inches within so it took no time to set up. I do want a Lead sled now. I was using a 16 inch Fluted .223 Wylde with Wolf Gold.
13043695_571096759734373_5258269628653410794_n.jpg . IMG_3293.jpg .. range.jpg

Back
Top Bottom