• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Let's see those target pictures - post 'em here

W

wolf223

I've had this on back burner for a while. Kept forgetting the targets in my trunk.

anyway, I like seeing other peoples shots on paper but don't usually offer any of my own.

these are from the last couple or three range trips w / my Savage 10 and Ruger 10/22

ammo = .223, 55gr for Savage & CCI .22LR Standard Velocity for 10/22

all shooting was done off the bi-pod.

Nikon639.jpg

Nikon640.jpg

Nikon641.jpg

Nikon642.jpg

Nikon643.jpg

Nikon644.jpg

Nikon645.jpg

*thanks for looking, any tips are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it. You use a dime when it is a good group, a quarter when it is a so so group and a half dollar when you really want to hide stuff... [laugh]
Just foolin with ya. You working tomorrow? I am going to Harvard @ 8:30 or 9.

the coins are a mild attempt at humor.

*note to self: date your targets numb nuts!

tomorrow and Sat are NOT good for me.... got my nephew up from FL.

Sunday, is "the day" - one of which HSC is closed, right?

-what a way to end a vacation [rolleyes]

I posted mine on my XD(m) thread, but will post them here too. I'm a real rookie as far as shooting, trust me on that. (I have taken two classes so far though). Never shot until last August, and didn't shoot very often. I will now though...

These were done yesterday from my new XD(m) 40, and my wife's S&W 642 38 spl. (Cute little gun).

They are from about 15-20 yards away. The first one is from the first 6 shots from my 40
6shot.jpg

This was the remainder of the shots. It was windy and the target fell on the ground a few times. You can see the 38 holes on the right hand side.
muiltishot.jpg

10 shot group at 100 yards with AR15 equipped with Compass Lake Engineering match grade 22LR upper. Target is NRA MR-63 600 yard prone target reduced to 100 yards.

pic009.jpg

25 shot perfect score (250-19X) on NRA 50 yard conventional smallbore prone target. Two shots off at 3 o'clock on the top target are sighters. Everything else is for score. Rifle is Anschutz 1411.

pic012.jpg

All shooting done from a sling supported prone position and with metallic (iron) sights. No scopes, no bipods, no benchrests. Just a shooting coar, a sling, and the bones.

Jose, you are bad ass man!

Edit: what do you use to support it with? sand bag? other?

I posted mine on my XD(m) thread, but will post them here too. I'm a real rookie as far as shooting, trust me on that. (I have taken two classes so far though). Never shot until last August, and didn't shoot very often. I will now though...

These were done yesterday from my new XD(m) 40, and my wife's S&W 642 38 spl. (Cute little gun).

They are from about 15-20 yards away. The first one is from the first 6 shots from my 40

This was the remainder of the shots. It was windy and the target fell on the ground a few times. You can see the 38 holes on the right hand side.

i wont even post my pistol targets. [rofl]

I LOVE MY XD-9. she's tata's!

cross posted:

Savage @ 100yd, with ATV 4 - 14x by 40 Scope; prior to the Barska.

Nikon675.jpg

Nikon676.jpg

Nikon677.jpg

Nikon689.jpg

this is my offical 200yd qualification - also cross posted. same stuff, 55gr .223 w / ATV cheapo schope.
Nikon678.jpg

10 shots at 200 yards. Sighters are at 11 o'clock high. I sighted in at 100 yards from the bench, then went prone with a sling and dialed up the elevation for 200. Sling tension made a big impact in POI shift due to the skinny stock and barrel. Scope set to 9X. Ammo was my 6.5x55 handloads with Hornady 129 grain Spire Points and H4350.

pic016.jpg

pic000.jpg

wow man,

i think that's my biggest issue. is the groups go from sub 1" to sub 6" from 100 to 200 yards! [laugh]

*for my "best" shots anyway....

Jay, I've been a Highpower rifle competitor for almost nine years. When I was heavy into it I was at the range working the problem for several hours every day of every weekend.

I've migrated more to IDPA recently but keep sharp with smallbore. Shooting smallbore at 100 yards will definitely test you.

Does anyone ever shoot at 50 feet anymore?

not me.

it's 7 / 25 yards for pistol - even though there is a 50 yard as well.

100 / 200 yards for rifle - i'm not comfortable to shoot 300 yard yet... need to get a few more ducks in order with the bolt guns.

I absolutley hated Mass Rifle for their 30ft. min distance bullshit rule.

try testing out a new hand gun @ 30ft! i.e. a snubby [rolleyes]

S&W 5946 @ 7yds

Here's mine I just scanned:

Slow fire
4-7-09_2.jpg

Rapid fire
4-7-09_3.jpg

Slow fire
4-7-09_1.jpg

I shot those on Tuesday with this:
DSC014031.JPG

S&W 5946 (DAO 9mm)

Ruger 10/22, apeture sights, 82 feet (25m), no time limit.

I don't recall what I used for ammo. The group size stayed consistent despite changing positions. Maybe this is the most I can squeeze out of this ammo / rifle combination?

A six o'clock hold and poor NPOA on the last string set me back a few points.

Standing

P4090220.jpg

Sitting

P4090221.jpg

Prone

P4090222.jpg

Prone (Here, I failed to get my NPOA set again after changing magazines)

P4090223.jpg

Back
Top Bottom