Laws I can understand

NES Member
We talk about laws often on the forum. My problem is that I get my information from 3 sources.

1. My firearms instructor when I took my class for my LTC.
2. Other shops or shooters
3. On this forum

I don’t understand much of the general gun laws when I read them. I know this is why we have gun lawyers, but is there a place that shows the Massachusetts gun laws and then breaks it down into language that even I could understand. I have put my input on some topics and have been completely wrong in some cases, this does not upset me just tells me I need to learn my laws a bit better. Any help? Or is there possibly a couple of lawyers who talk of these laws often who might set something like this up?

B.J.

GOAL has a pretty good set of FAQs on their website. If you read through those you'll probably have answers to all your questions.

Part of the problem may be the belief that if you really understand the laws, them they'll make sense. Just the opposite is true. Whenever you start think that any of these laws make sense, then that's conclusive evidence that you don't understand it. [wink]

Ken

If you don't mind buying from the enemy (Mass Chiefs of Police Assn) and feeding their coffers to help push more anti-gun legislation . . .

Chief Ron Glidden's book does an excellent job of explaining the laws so that even the local LEO might understand them! Unfortunately they are only available thru MPI, an arm of MCOPA.

"Law Enforcement Guide to Firearms Law", 9th Edition, $40.00
http://www.masschiefs.org/MPI/Manuals/mpi_manuals.html

I used to sell the books for Ron until he cut his deal with MCOPA.

Glidden book

Interestingly, it's the only publication listed which is not also available in CD format.

Lynne said:
LenS said:
"Law Enforcement Guide to Firearms Law", 9th Edition, $40.00
http://www.masschiefs.org/MPI/Manuals/mpi_manuals.html

Yikes...they're $40 now? Did signing on with them jump the price up? [roll]

Yes and no. Ron was charging $30 or $35 by the 4th Edition. MCOPA/MPI was charging $99 for their book. Ron broke their arm to "bring the price down" and $40 was settled on. Ron wants the rank & file officer to buy it or at least afford it, whereas MPI's focus is to sell one to each chief (where it will sit unopened).

BTW, the president of MCOPA has a documented agenda of more/tougher gun control! That org has never been a friend of the legal gun owner.

Back
Top Bottom