• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Latest police interpretation of MA Firearms transfer laws/regulations

Anyone else ever read "the Bell Curve"? POLITICALLY incorrect and pretty controversial. I'll lend it out to anyone that wants to read it

I'm probably wrong but didn't four seasons have something about this on there website recently about buying back glock that should not have been sold. Or am i thinking of something else

most likely sent from my bathroom

The average human IQ is only 100, so it sounds like they're ahead of the game.

and the average human is a fuquin idiot! so, 104 is nothing to be proud of. however, more important than some arbitrary score for some IQ test would be a common sense test. I'm not sure where cops come in on this. Granted, I think that most cops are reasonable and hard working, and they're asked to enforce stupid laws! but, there are many cops who think their badge is a crown!

I'm probably wrong but didn't four seasons have something about this on there website recently about buying back glock that should not have been sold. Or am i thinking of something else

most likely sent from my bathroom

Cabela's I think? They sold guns off list and wanted them back.

Cabela's I think? They sold guns off list and wanted them back.

Really?

Let's step thru this for a moment:

- I won't say that this is impossible, but will say that it is extremely unlikely.
- TTBOMK Cabela's will not sell used handguns in MA due to paranoia, I'm told that any they take in are shipped out of state and sold in other stores.
- Their legal department is so paranoid (I know, I spoke with both their chief legal counsel and the legal counsel assigned to licensing issues), that I can't see how they would ever have shipped a Glock to their MA store under any circumstances (and remember they could sell them to LEOs, perfectly legally).

And if they did screw up, they would be the only dealer to be notified and aware of the issue. They would also not be likely to brag about it.

Sorry this doesn't compute.

----------------------

Additionally I spoke with Michaela about this yesterday and here's what she told me:

- She removed the offensive 5/24/2011, unsigned/undated memo from the FRB website when she took over that group back a few years ago. She acknowledges that it was BS plus some things alleged in the memo no longer apply after the 2014 law change (to wit LEOs with new mags/AWs).
- She said that she was unaware of any new memos issued by the AG or EOPS and she would have received a copy if such was done.
- She and I both agree that if you read the AG memo from late last year, there is nothing new there, it warns dealers to follow the laws that have been on the books for a number of years now but doesn't institute any new laws/regs.

No, it wasn't Cabelas. I can't remember if it was Dick's or Bass Pro Shops.

What would it be then?

Dickless doesn't sell handguns in MA.

BP put their tail between their legs after being RATTED out by The RAT and would never dare put a Glock in their showcase again. And they did retrieve all but one of the Glocks they sold on opening night (that one was to a LEO, so legal sale).

BP put their tail between their legs after being RATTED out by The RAT and would never dare put a Glock in their showcase again. And they did retrieve all but one of the Glocks they sold on opening night (that one was to a LEO, so legal sale).

Yes, it was Bass Pro Shops.

Back
Top Bottom