• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Latest police interpretation of MA Firearms transfer laws/regulations

...effluvial...

images

Im not sure what sales man you delt with, most are informed. The problem with handgun sales from ktp is to many dealers sent the guns back. So unless its listed from the mfg as a compliant gun ktp wont ship it to ma. It has to do more with taking a risk and losing money then whats legal.

Duh...of course Glocks are illegal. They're ceramic and don't get caught by metal detectors. Don't you people know that?

Tell those LEOs to stop being ****ing morons. Tell them to shut their goddamned mouths, and do less talking and more reading. I guarantee-****ing-tee you they watch Mickey Mouse in the morning before going to work. ****ing idiots. This is why I carry a firearm: if you are that ****ing stupid in the first place, and are in a position of public safety, then I don't feel safe having window lickers running around with badges, and will protect me and mine myself.

****ing pricksticks.

Im not sure what sales man you delt with, most are informed. The problem with handgun sales from ktp is to many dealers sent the guns back. So unless its listed from the mfg as a compliant gun ktp wont ship it to ma. It has to do more with taking a risk and losing money then whats legal.

Don't remember the name of the sales person, and that's legit - check what's "compliant" and after that it is on me to verify with the MA FFL that he/she will make the transfer or not.
However, don't freak out in a such a way, pretending to be witness to a crime, when I tell you that I have a Gen4 G19 in MA.

Speaking of uninformed people, went to KTP on the weekend to look for a single-stack for EDC. First question the sales person asked me which state am I living in, I said MA. He immediately started to sweat. "Well, it has to be MA compliant, blah blah blah". I said "that's fine".
We got to G43, I asked if it was MA compliant, he said he didn't know , need to check in the computer.
I then told him "I actually have a G19". His eyes opened like a sinkhole, said "I live in MA, you can't really get G19 in MA. Gen 2?"...I said "Nope, Gen 4"

The guy took a step back (literally), raised his hands up in the air and said "that's it, I don't want to hear any more, I don't want to have anything to do with it", sweat even more, got really, really nervous, continued to show me what I asked but it was very clear that he was trying to get rid of me and I swear I could hear a sigh of relieve when I said "Thank you" and left.

In retrospect, I am mad at myself for not confronting him with the "facts" and probably demand to speak to someone else, but in hindsight it wouldn't really benefit me in any way other than some enjoyment. Screw him and KTP, there are other places to shop around.

Meh, no point in trying to argue with a dumbass guns tore clerk who doesn't already get it. You won't convince him otherwise, and he will just tell his buddies about having another customer who wanted to make him part of breaking the law.

You are not capable of making that decision. You are a lowly unwashed citezen. You need to be protected from yourself. If you had proper law enforcement training, you would be able to understand the complicated mechanisms that make up a Glock pistol. It comes with the territory of having the worlds most hazardous occupation.

"proper law enforcement training" includes glock armorer training now? how kewl is that?

Yeah I know, sarcasm.

/edit to add: misread a small portion of your mini-rant. my bad. you should have kicked his ass, shit on his car, and shagged his cat.

Speaking of uninformed people, went to KTP on the weekend to look for a single-stack for EDC. First question the sales person asked me which state am I living in, I said MA. He immediately started to sweat. "Well, it has to be MA compliant, blah blah blah". I said "that's fine".
We got to G43, I asked if it was MA compliant, he said he didn't know , need to check in the computer.
I then told him "I actually have a G19". His eyes opened like a sinkhole, said "I live in MA, you can't really get G19 in MA. Gen 2?"...I said "Nope, Gen 4"

The guy took a step back (literally), raised his hands up in the air and said "that's it, I don't want to hear any more, I don't want to have anything to do with it", sweat even more, got really, really nervous, continued to show me what I asked but it was very clear that he was trying to get rid of me and I swear I could hear a sigh of relieve when I said "Thank you" and left.

In retrospect, I am mad at myself for not confronting him with the "facts" and probably demand to speak to someone else, but in hindsight it wouldn't really benefit me in any way other than some enjoyment. Screw him and KTP, there are other places to shop around.

Yeah, you totally should have ripped that employee that doesn't live in MA a new arse while he was working in a store that does not have a MA presence and confronted him with the "facts" about MA law.

Did you know there are twenty seven stickies in the MA Law forum? Did you also know that there are ZERO in the Maine Law?

Last edited:
Yeah, you totally should have ripped that employee that doesn't live in MA a new arse while he was working in a store that does not have a MA presence and confronted him with the "facts" about MA law.

Did you know there are twenty seven stickies in the MA Law forum? Did you also know that there are ZERO in the Maine Law?

I think employee lived in MA.

The biggest mystery of all in this whole thread is this: How the hell do you buy the wrong caliber gun? How carelessly do you examine the gun youre about to buy and not notice the huge rollmarks on the slide or anything on the gun indicating its a different caliber?

I think employee lived in MA.

Just re-read what I quoted, misread the part that said "His eyes opened like a sinkhole, said "I live in MA, you can't really get G19 in MA. Gen 2?"...I said "Nope, Gen 4""

To sbi; my post is moot and you aren't nearly as big of a dick as I made you out to be.

Tell those LEOs to stop being ****ing morons. Tell them to shut their goddamned mouths, and do less talking and more reading. I guarantee-****ing-tee you they watch Mickey Mouse in the morning before going to work. ****ing idiots. This is why I carry a firearm: if you are that ****ing stupid in the first place, and are in a position of public safety, then I don't feel safe having window lickers running around with badges, and will protect me and mine myself.

****ing pricksticks.

Youve cut me to the quick, my feelings are hurt, and Ive eaten 27 Cadbury Eggs (the full size ones, not the little bastards) and am now washing them down with Absolut. Soon Ill be reduced to a mere shell of what I was, only covered in a brown sticky, vomitous broth, streaked with the yellow and white confectionary gruel that exists inside Cadburys finest.

- - - Updated - - -

Update, the Sgt ends up offering to buy the 42. Hmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be a member of that other "goal" lol

The biggest mystery of all in this whole thread is this: How the hell do you buy the wrong caliber gun? How carelessly do you examine the gun youre about to buy and not notice the huge rollmarks on the slide or anything on the gun indicating its a different caliber?

It doesn't make a difference if it's a glock in MA, and you're exempt from the consumer protection regulations. LEOs can flip them for profit, with impunity, in MA.

It doesn't make a difference if it's a glock in MA, and you're exempt from the consumer protection regulations. LEOs can flip them for profit, with impunity, in MA.

True if the officer lacks ethics! Also depending on what paperwork they signed to obtain said Glocks, they may be in violation of a contractual agreement with Glock who could take them to court and win. LE purchase guns come with a legal (if ordered thru mfr paperwork) and ethical agreement NOT to sell them for a year. The mfrs offer a steep discount and don't want individual LEOs acting as mini-dealers competing with their dealer network.

Sadly there are many LEOs out there that lack ethics and do this for their buddies or to make extra money.

True if the officer lacks ethics! Also depending on what paperwork they signed to obtain said Glocks, they may be in violation of a contractual agreement with Glock who could take them to court and win. LE purchase guns come with a legal (if ordered thru mfr paperwork) and ethical agreement NOT to sell them for a year. The mfrs offer a steep discount and don't want individual LEOs acting as mini-dealers competing with their dealer network.

Sadly there are many LEOs out there that lack ethics and do this for their buddies or to make extra money.

So, if I dont make any $$ doing it, are my ethics still in question or am ok lol?
The paperwork Ive signed in regards to not selling the new gun for a year has never come from Glock, its only come from the shop Ive purchased the gun from. It would be interesting to see a gun shop take me to court for basically breaking a rule theyve made up on their own.

So, if I dont make any $$ doing it, are my ethics still in question or am ok lol?
The paperwork Ive signed in regards to not selling the new gun for a year has never come from Glock, its only come from the shop Ive purchased the gun from. It would be interesting to see a gun shop take me to court for basically breaking a rule theyve made up on their own.

Well, since I know you . . . regardless your ethics are always in question! [rofl] j/k

Actually the dealers didn't make that up but it is a requirement of the "blue box" program, so they just passed down the requirement on their own forms. The 1 year requirement really has no mention of selling for a profit or a loss, they just don't want you to sell it for that long so as not to impact their retailers selling to the civilian market.

Ironically I bought 2 handguns as LE (both S&W M&Ps) and signed no paperwork at all, just my credentials and done. It's basically against my religion to sell my guns, but I would abide by the requirement regardless even if not signing anything because I understand where they are coming from and if they get fed up with the abuse they could (and a few have) kill off the LE program completely.

[Folks should understand that the "LE program", "blue box" program actually includes ALL military, EMS, public safety (fire, police, etc.), and GSSF members in the program. It is strictly due to MA insane laws that these other categories can't participate in the program if they live in MA!]

Youve cut me to the quick, my feelings are hurt, and Ive eaten 27 Cadbury Eggs (the full size ones, not the little bastards) and am now washing them down with Absolut. Soon Ill be reduced to a mere shell of what I was, only covered in a brown sticky, vomitous broth, streaked with the yellow and white confectionary gruel that exists inside Cadburys finest.

- - - Updated - - -

Must be a member of that other "goal" lol

Sorry if you fit the description I gave [smile]

Back
Top Bottom