• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Knights armament love

Ok I'm looking at a kac rifle

and uppers being expensive I understand they have the sandcutter bolt...the barrel...all that I get it justifies a high cost.

What makes the lower 2 grand?

What do they do to their lowers that 2 to 4x every other high end company

I just can't see what you could do to a lower that makes it that much more than other upper tier rifles

Enlighten me pleas

For the record my cheapest ar currently is a sig m400 vtac

I have 2 daniel defenses and 2 pws's so I'm not poverty ponying

You mean Knights Armament has out HK'd HK? To answer your question, other than the name... everything is ambidexterous and I think it comes with a 2-stage match trigger. Also, $2000 for a lower seems high, this shop has them for under $1000 and in stock:

1701358822336.png 1701358905530.png
1701358874361.png

Attachments

• 1701358836113.png
    1701358836113.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
OP, KAC lowers are not worth $2k. Now, if you can get one for $1k like posted above, then you have to weigh if you want to pay extra for the name. You can get other good quality, ambi lowers for cheaper. BUT, a KAC lower, if bought for a relatively reasonable price, will hold its value better than other brands.

Am I the only one that doesn't really give a shit about ambi controls on an AR? Aside from weight I don't really see the advantage over a $350 BCM/Geissele setup.

I don’t need ambi lowers, and avoid proprietary ambi lowers. I like my lowers to all be “mil spec” for repair parts commonality. But I do appreciate ambi safeties and I have been installing Redi-Catches on my lowers:

It allows you to lock the bolt back with your magazine release button. I just use the normal bolt catch button if I need to lock the bolt back with a magazine inserted. Otherwise it makes it much easier to lock the bolt back. It doesn’t interfere with normal magazine release functions and its failure mode is to return to normal magazine and bolt catch functionality.

Am I the only one that doesn't really give a shit about ambi controls on an AR? Aside from weight I don't really see the advantage over a $350 BCM/Geissele setup.

As a righty, I might find it useful to have the mag release available on the left side and the bolt release on the right side at times. I used to use the magpul BAD lever to manipulate the bolt catch/release with my right hand because it was useful and easier than the standard Army manual of arms for manipulating the bolt release on the left. Having the mag release on the left means being able to manipulate the release and grab the mag at the same time if it doesn't drop free (depends on the mag/manufacturer). It is also quicker to do a mag change if you have 2 mags locked together vs. drop the spent mag while loading the new mag. Not worth the price increase to me and I don't go out of my way to buy ambi AR parts/lowers. My go to is a BCM as well...

OP, KAC lowers are not worth $2k. Now, if you can get one for $1k like posted above, then you have to weigh if you want to pay extra for the name. You can get other good quality, ambi lowers for cheaper. BUT, a KAC lower, if bought for a relatively reasonable price, will hold its value better than other brands.

I don’t need ambi lowers, and avoid proprietary ambi lowers. I like my lowers to all be “mil spec” for repair parts commonality. But I do appreciate ambi safeties and I have been installing Redi-Catches on my lowers:

It allows you to lock the bolt back with your magazine release button. I just use the normal bolt catch button if I need to lock the bolt back with a magazine inserted. Otherwise it makes it much easier to lock the bolt back. It doesn’t interfere with normal magazine release functions and its failure mode is to return to normal magazine and bolt catch functionality.
1k is fine lol again i understand they are pretty much the top tier you can get

And I'm pretty familiar with their research on their bolts and uppers

But some dude was selling a complete rifle here and he was like 3600 for the whole rifle 1600 for the upper and I'll keep the lower

And then he posted the lower later for 2k

And i was like...well whats it do that justifies it being 4x a bcm or daniel defense lower

Also for clarity I'm in georgia this wasnt a 900 dollar noveske stripper lower special

I agree with ambi safeties. It's a nice to have. I can't get behidn that Redi-catch though. Just seems odd tying the bolt catch to the mag release. I understand you can still use the regular bolt catch, but still. I think I'll stick to the BAD lever. I would screw that Redi-catch/bolt/mag thing up somehow.

I agree with ambi safeties. It's a nice to have. I can't get behidn that Redi-catch though. Just seems odd tying the bolt catch to the mag release. I understand you can still use the regular bolt catch, but still. I think I'll stick to the BAD lever. I would screw that Redi-catch/bolt/mag thing up somehow.
Yeah, it's not for everyone. I like it as I don't need an ambi bolt release function on my normal ARs. I do use a BAD lever for my competition lower where I get my left hand taught in a sling.

Ok I'm looking at a kac rifle

and uppers being expensive I understand they have the sandcutter bolt...the barrel...all that I get it justifies a high cost.

What makes the lower 2 grand?

What do they do to their lowers that 2 to 4x every other high end company

I just can't see what you could do to a lower that makes it that much more than other upper tier rifles

Enlighten me pleas

For the record my cheapest ar currently is a sig m400 vtac

I have 2 daniel defenses and 2 pws's so I'm not poverty ponying

People think a quality rifle will make them a quality shooter. The more you spend, the more people will be impressed.

And them some people know they suck, but they can at least look good while waiting around to shoot.

I wouldn't put yourself in that group and neither should you. You have definitely put the time and effort into being a great shooter. Plus the time and effort put into the sport and supporting new shooters (myself included). If anyone deserves to stand around with a SV on their hip...it's you.

I wouldn't put yourself in that group and neither should you. You have definitely put the time and effort into being a great shooter. Plus the time and effort put into the sport and supporting new shooters (myself included). If anyone deserves to stand around with a SV on their hip...it's you.
I am definitely not a great shooter, but rate myself as competent. I spend more time at the club now days installing or fixing stuff than shooting.

I am getting really annoyed right now. It's 1:42 and the Fedex "direct signature required" package with my new 9mm Limited Optic gun from SV is supposed to be hear by 1:50. I suspect that it will arrive late.

People think a quality rifle will make them a quality shooter. The more you spend, the more people will be impressed.
LOL if everyone stayed in their weight class the golf industry and firearm industry would collapse over night

I have no need for anything higher end than a ruger and a pinty

The rifle is of no consequence to how i shoot that i understand lol

Im just curious what makes kac lowers so special lol

I am definitely not a great shooter, but rate myself as competent. I spend more time at the club now days installing or fixing stuff than shooting.

I am getting really annoyed right now. It's 1:42 and the Fedex "direct signature required" package with my new 9mm Limited Optic gun from SV is supposed to be hear by 1:50. I suspect that it will arrive late.
Sounds like the delivery boy will be good target practice

I’ve got one AR in the safe w ambi controls. I assembled it for my wife - she’s left handed.

I’d rather not have ambi controls on my guns because I want to be able to pick up any AR and run it without floundering on the mechanics

I’ve got one AR in the safe w ambi controls. I assembled it for my wife - she’s left handed.

I’d rather not have ambi controls on my guns because I want to be able to pick up any AR and run it without floundering on the mechanics
How does ambi controls mess with being able to run it normal?

How does ambi controls mess with being able to run it normal?

I stated that poorly. Let me try again.

I am afraid that if i run ambi ar regularly, i will accustom myself to leveraging the advantage of the ambi controls and build that into my muscle memory. Then when i pick up a non-ambi AR, I’ll be reaching for controls that aren’t present- floundering.

I’m the guy that runs same gear in IDPA, USPSA and Steel Challenge so that my gun and mags are always in the same spot. Old dog - not in favor of new tricks

I am afraid that if i run ambi ar regularly, i will accustom myself to leveraging the advantage of the ambi controls and build that into my muscle memory. Then when i pick up a non-ambi AR, I’ll be reaching for controls that aren’t present- floundering.

I’m the guy that runs same gear in IDPA, USPSA and Steel Challenge so that my gun and mags are always in the same spot. Old dog - not in favor of new tricks
Got it makes sense

1k is fine lol again i understand they are pretty much the top tier you can get

And I'm pretty familiar with their research on their bolts and uppers

But some dude was selling a complete rifle here and he was like 3600 for the whole rifle 1600 for the upper and I'll keep the lower

And then he posted the lower later for 2k

And i was like...well whats it do that justifies it being 4x a bcm or daniel defense lower

Also for clarity I'm in georgia this wasnt a 900 dollar noveske stripper lower special
Save on the lower, use it on the upper and scope.

Or you can get the $3K+ rifle and throw a Vortex Crossfire on it [rofl] ... I love it when people do that.

This ^

My philosophy as well…

You mean Knights Armament has out HK'd HK? To answer your question, other than the name... everything is ambidexterous and I think it comes with a 2-stage match trigger. Also, $2000 for a lower seems high, this shop has them for under $1000 and in stock:

View attachment 822318 View attachment 822321
View attachment 822320
This is a scam website

Everyone is horny for a KAC because they won a contract with USMC. I was wondering the same shit as I've been researching and collecting lowers . Its a block of aluminum with nice components. The Radian as someone mentioned in my opinion is a far nicer lower for 5 beans. Even thats a rip off. IMO

Why do people buy a Rolex?

I love KAC.

I own KAC.

I covet all things KAC.

There is nothing on a KAC rifle that justifies 8x the cost of any other mid tier AR.

Why do I have a KAC weapon?

Because most people don't have a KAC weapon :)

Although the most important thing is hunting everything down and purchasing it.

If KAC stuff was easy to acquire, it would lose it's luster really fast, thrill of the hunt and all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom