Kittery trading post

I've been hitting up KTP since the mid 70s. A lot has changed since then but I still go there when passing by. First trip in the spring I'll get a Milfoil sticker for the boat and a fishing license. My wife will go through and buy stuff also. Most of the time also hit up Bob's Clam Shack for some food. Every now and then I'll pick up a used rifle or shotgun. It won't be the same if they close down or move however I blame the people of Maine. They keep voting in the moonbats that are causing the problems.
Same here. I stopped going to Bob's quite a while back when the owner sold out, the prices are retarded and for tourists.

I also have the luxury of being close to S&S lobster, so I judge seafood pricing by that and its hard to beat.

Now, I rarely go up there anymore.....unless I have 3 or more to trade. Lately consignment sales at my local shop have done pretty well.

Just got the KTP spend 1K get 200 dollar gift card flyer in the mail.

No thanks.....don't want to wait and have to come back for my gun.
It’s not in effect yet. 90 days from failure to sign.
Hurry up and move your ass if that’s your time frame.

Me? I wouldn’t buy a damn thing outside of a legal F2F transaction right now but that’s me.

I’ve always been a fan of KTP for the most part. Yes, their prices tend to be on the high end. However, they often get in unique items from local gun owners and collectors due to their size. This inventory is cataloged on their website for easy reference often with photos, and if there aren’t photos they’ll email them to you fairly quickly. And they provide high trade values for store credit. So yea, overall I like them and don’t like to see a gunshop needlessly suffer in the current climate, especially under repressive unconstitutional gunlaws. Wish them the best, and if they move to NH I’ll be sure to visit them.

If you make the purchase and render payment in Maine, doesn't that constitute the actual "sale"?
Then what happens if you go to NH to complete the transfer and take possession, but somehow fail the background check ?
That sounds like a legal issue if they sold you the gun and collected payment before the background check gave them the legal OK to proceed with the sale.
I would think that the payment for the gun would have to take place after the background check is passed.
You do the background check before you pay, in Maine. Then you proceed to the rental car center, show ID and leave with happiness

Last edited:
One thing I learned is to never accept the price on the sales tag when it comes to used guns. I always ask if that's the best deal they have on the firearm. The sales guy goes to the trade in counter, they look at the documentation and then tell you if they can do better. I've bought several guns from there over the years and they didn't knock off any additional money on one rifle that was too new in inventory. Otherwise I've saved a good amount of money on each transaction just by asking. Skinflinting? Eh, it's debatable. I just enjoy the haggle.

That doesn't work anymore. Well, not on any gun that hasn't been in the store for at least six months. They guy showed me how to tell from the numbers on the tag. I tried it, and found exactly that.

They are moving so many guns now they don't need to discount.

That doesn't work anymore. Well, not on any gun that hasn't been in the store for at least six months. They guy showed me how to tell from the numbers on the tag. I tried it, and found exactly that.

OK, so how do you tell from the numbers on the tag? Inquiring minds want to know!

Kittery Trading Post Contemplates Move in Response to Maine's New Gun Law
In the aftermath of the horrific mass shooting in Lewiston last year, Maine legislators crafted a bill to introduce a 72-hour waiting period on certain gun purchases. This bill, soon to become law, has provoked a fiery response from the family-owned gun and outdoor sports company.

Fearing “irreversible consequences,” the Kittery Trading Post has communicated to the Sportsman’s Alliance of Maine that the legislation could push them to relocate their business to New Hampshire—a state synonymous with the motto “Live Free or Die” and with less restrictive gun laws. In a letter released by the Sportsman’s Alliance, the Trading Post argued the waiting period “forces law-abiding customers to make two visits over three days to complete a legal firearm sale.” They highlighted that such a requirement places undue logistical and financial burdens on customers....

It’s not in effect yet. 90 days from failure to sign.
Hurry up and move your ass if that’s your time frame.

Me? I wouldn’t buy a damn thing outside of a legal F2F transaction right now but that’s me.

KTP is pretty much $200 or more than anything online in most cases, and tax free from the right vendors.......ie not worth it to me to travel anymore.

Maybe during the scamdemic....things have slowed I think......from what my friends have told me that have been up there, the racks are full again.

I just got $75 off an $850 firearm two weeks ago. Granted if it's new to the store they may not, but as I said I've only had them once not reduce the price. As @Mark from MA stated, the racks are full again.

I just got $75 off an $850 firearm two weeks ago. Granted if it's new to the store they may not, but as I said I've only had them once not reduce the price. As @Mark from MA stated, the racks are full again.

That doesn't matter. All that matters is how long it has ben on their racks - full or not.

Back
Top Bottom