Kimber Ultra Carry II...good deal??

I can get a brand new Kimber Ultra Carry II for $699...seems like a good deal since MSRP is $888. Dealer says they are selling at below cost due to over stock. They are good shop and have done a lot of business with them .

Does this sound like a good deal?? Like don't pass it up kinda deal??

Thanks

IMNSHO, regardless of price, stay away from aluminum framed 1911's. Aluminum doesn't stand up to the punishment.
Buy a steel framed gun.

Was this the same on Budsgunshop.com? I just saw it for the same price yesterday.
I would've bought it, but you live in NH, lucky you.

I have one that I paid about $800 for. (stainless model, alum frame) I have never had a jam or malfunction other than not inserting the magazine properly (the person shooting it). People that I know who own these all said after 200-300 rounds, they never had another jam. I have about 2,000 rounds through mine, and it never FTE'd or FTF'd. I got lucky I guess.

Generally speaking aluminum frame guns don't hold up as well as steel framed guns. One of the reasons Colt produced the Combat Commander decades after it introduced the (lightweight) Commander model.

However, unless you are going to shoot 50K rounds a year, and your primary objective for it is a carry piece, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Modern metallurgy has come a long way too, with regard to aluminum frames. It will be lighter to carry, but definitely will require more control to shoot.

I have never owned a Kimber and I have heard so many stories both good and bad about them.

I have a CDPII and have not had any issues with it. It eats all types of ammo but at 3 inches it does have a bit of recoil with my 185 Golden Saber rounds. I do throw some down range regularly just to remind me. My fluff loads I reload sometimes make me forget.

Well I couldn't resist the current deal.....Kimber Ultra Carry II in stainless List Price $980...out the door brand new still in the plastic never saw the showcase...$799

I put 50 Rounds through is so far...no problems....Was making a nice grouping at 35 feet. So I'm happy....finally a .45 back in the stable....MY .40 XD compact will be lonely :D

kimber ultra carry.jpg

Back
Top Bottom