Kennedy on gun- control

I'd place a fair wager those two have a folder of "form
letters to send to conservatives" .
-Mike

But of course! It never crossed my mind that the senator would reply personally to every person that sent him an e-mail. I know this is a generic e-mail but it was interesting to read his on-the-record stand on firearms.

AIG

teddy_bear_ted_kennedy.jpg

I'll be the one to decide who gets a gun, who else is qualified? ( ( [laugh2] ) )​

HEY, what's it take to get some ice around here?

Why do you guys even bother?

Just like I don't bother writing to my RINO-from-hell GOP senator and my moonbat Democrap senator.

I'll be the one to decide who gets a gun, who else is qualified? ( ( [laugh2] ) )​

HEY, what's it take to get some ice around here?

Come on! There are children around here, and some people have either just eaten or were think about grabbing something for dinner until you had to go and spoil it all. How about a little warning next time? 'scuse me; I gotta hurl again.

Ken

Both NH senators seem to be on the fence about it: neither gave a strong committment to opposing it in reply to letters I sent:

Sen. Gregg:

As a strong supporter of 2nd Amendment rights, I value having your input on H.R. 2640, which the house of Representatives passed by a voice vote on June 13, 2007. On June 14, 2007, H.R. 2640 was referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which I am not a member. Please be assured that I will keep your opposition to H.R. 2640 in mind should it come before the full Senate for consideration.

Sen. Sununu:

Throughout my time in Congress, I have opposed measures that obstruct citizens' right to bear arms. I have maintained the belief that ensuring safer homes, streets, and schools begins with effective enforcement of existing gun laws. While Congress must take appropriate measures to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and those who may lack the mental capacity to use a firearm safely, we must also ensure that such laws do not erode the right guaranteed to law-abiding citizens by the Second Amendment. Please be assured that I understand your thoughts on this issue and will keep them in mind should H.R. 2640 come before the full Senate for consideration.

Back
Top Bottom