• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

just what we need, another hypothetical question...

greencobra

NES Member
regarding squatters, this time, any gun owner, you fill in the blank, leaves for a weeks vacation. they come back to find squatters have taken over. but there was a safe in the house containing firearms. it hasn't been breached yet. are there any federal firearms charges that could be brought upon the squatters? in law, everything is usually not what it seems. are not these squatters felons for possession of stolen firearms? do you think there is any legal way to reclaim those firearms while the state says to the squatters "welcome, help yourself to the house."

How about your friends who come over for a beer and you run out to pick up the pizza while they’re on the couch?

I don’t have the legal answer. But I don’t see them being charged with possession.

In Massachusetts Maura and her lawfaring AG will charge YOU with endangering an innocent family of hungry guests in your home. They will not care that the guns are in a safe, if they broke the door locks on the house it stands to reason that they will eventually get into the safe. You will eventually win in court IF you have enough money for the lawyers. In any event you won't have much money left at all, win or lose. I hope that what I said is merely a cynical joke but nothing would shock me in the times in which we live.

If you have an alarm system in your house,there will be no squatters,because when they try to get in the alarm will go off.
The company will call you,and you will look at your cameras to see someone in your house.So you tell them to call the police.

regarding squatters, this time, any gun owner, you fill in the blank, leaves for a weeks vacation. they come back to find squatters have taken over. but there was a safe in the house containing firearms. it hasn't been breached yet. are there any federal firearms charges that could be brought upon the squatters? in law, everything is usually not what it seems. are not these squatters felons for possession of stolen firearms? do you think there is any legal way to reclaim those firearms while the state says to the squatters "welcome, help yourself to the house."
That's not squatting. That's breaking and entering.

Here is what you do. Smash in a window and climb through. Call the police. Once they pick up tell them someone is breaking into your house and you are hiding in a bedroom. Now start yelling, "get out of my house! No, don't come in here, I have a gun. Stay away! No! Don't!" Then grab your gun and shoot everyone in the house.

That's not squatting. That's breaking and entering.

Here is what you do. Smash in a window and climb through. Call the police. Once they pick up tell them someone is breaking into your house and you are hiding in a bedroom. Now start yelling, "get out of my house! No, don't come in here, I have a gun. Stay away! No! Don't!" Then grab your gun and shoot everyone in the house.
& Go pro that shit for the next FAFO post!

You and your buddies take the doors off the hinges. Then you and your buddies proceed to drag them out of your house, while having a locksmith ready to install new locks after they’ve been removed. Don’t call the cops. Let’s see the squatters try to sue you for improper eviction. They’re not squatters, they’re invaders and I don’t care what anyone says different.

Squatters in MA can be forcibly removed as trespassers if they can't prove they have been on the property for at least 6 months and can't take adverse possession until 20 years of continuous occupation. If you hear there are squatters on your property, do not wait or talk to them or negotiate with them. Call the police immediately and have them arrested for criminal trespass.

Squatters in MA can be forcibly removed as trespassers if they can't prove they have been on the property for at least 6 months and can't take adverse possession until 20 years of continuous occupation. If you hear there are squatters on your property, do not wait or talk to them or negotiate with them. Call the police immediately and have them arrested for criminal trespass.
Christ. Why are we taking about this?

If someone trespasses on your property for any reason, give them one warning. After that…

There’s another thread on here that says the illegals can own guns now.. so what the OP is saying about gun charges for the squatters wouldn’t help

You and your buddies take the doors off the hinges. Then you and your buddies proceed to drag them out of your house, while having a locksmith ready to install new locks after they’ve been removed. Don’t call the cops. Let’s see the squatters try to sue you for improper eviction. They’re not squatters, they’re invaders and I don’t care what anyone says different.
They will if you have been paying attention.

Now... in the 8 to 10 minutes it takes to get there a framing hammer to the knee can help them see your point of view

So one phony lease agreement backdated 7 months shown to the responding officers and then what? Welcome to Fu€ked town, newest resident you. Cops- “we’re not documents experts sir, this is a civil matter, you’ll have to contact the court…..”

So one phony lease agreement backdated 7 months shown to the responding officers and then what? Welcome to Fu€ked town, newest resident you. Cops- “we’re not documents experts sir, this is a civil matter, you’ll have to contact the court…..”
Signatures and records of payment my friend. A lease of 1 year or less can be verbal and valid but is non-enforceable. If you never talked to them (again why I said do not attempt to talk or negotiate with them) they have no evidence that you gave them even a verbal lease, let alone a written one you signed onto. You ask them in front of the cops: "What's my name? You claim I'm your landlord. Surely, you know my name." If they give a false name, show the cops your ID and they're screwed.

t. Landlord and real estate agent.

Just man up and get rid of them.
This. I never understood these people with squatter problems. If I were in this situation there would be no squatters. I may be in jail.....but my wife and son will still have a mortgage free home to live in!

Back
Top Bottom